Bad Guy Ripped off by John Fick in Dundalk Md - Page 2 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 06-29-2016, 12:12 AM   #11
Chad Gray
Thanks Guys, I am working on it. I will update as possible. I do know that he did the same thing to someone else today. As far as the trade origination I have the ad here and on facebook. He text me about it but didn't say whether he saw it here or on fb.

Old 06-29-2016, 09:24 AM   #12
Ceh23
People like him infuriate me like no other. I hope you get this guy and we shut him down.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Old 06-29-2016, 01:35 PM   #13
Milo Garcia
I was just negotiating with this guy last night and this morning. He was wanting some of my ball pythons in trade for some blood pythons and green tree monitors that he supposedly had. Chad if you need copies of my text conversation with him let me know and I'll forward all of it to you. Hope he gets his in the end.

Milo Garcia
956-463-0563

Old 06-29-2016, 10:31 PM   #14
tlmoon
This sounds like flat out stealing. Might be good to file a police report. Thanks for posting the heads up so others don't get burned. I'm so sick of these scammers!

Old 06-30-2016, 09:31 AM   #15
Beyond GenetiX
Here are some of the pictures he sent me.
Attached Images

Old 06-30-2016, 04:38 PM   #16
Mesa
He also uses the name Jonathan Ficmeyer.

He responded to one of my ads here, and coordinated with me to trade an adult caramel red eared slider for a pair of hybino red eared sliders, a trade suspiciously stacked in my favor.

He offered to meet me halfway between here and Baltimore, but due to time constraints, and the upcoming holiday, we settled on both shipping on the same day. I searched the name Jonathan Ficmeyer on fauna, but nothing came up. I dropped off my shipment to him yesterday afternoon.

After he sent me tracking info, there were several red flags that I was being scammed, which I'm willing to discuss in private. I don't want to teach anyone how to be a more effective scammer.

At this point I was ready to cancel the shipment. I looked at his profile on fauna and saw his name listed as John Fickes. I searched for John Fickes , and this thread came up. I made a quick call to FedEx and instructed them to cancel the shipment. I will be getting my animals back tomorrow.

He texted me the next morning asking about the shipment being canceled. I did not respond. He then told me he was going to have his shipment to me intercepted. I did not respond to his text. I was surprised that he kept up the act even after I stopped the shipment. He did not cancel or "intercept" the shipment to me, despite what he said in text. It arrived this afternoon, and was a 12x12x12 box full of only packing peanuts. I calculated the shipping fees for that box, which he paid for, to be $116.98. Youch!

End of story. I'm getting my turtles back, and he's out $117 for that little stunt.
Attached Images

Old 06-30-2016, 04:42 PM   #17
Beyond GenetiX
Sweet, nice save. One day...

Old 06-30-2016, 06:36 PM   #18
Milo Garcia
He used the same pics of the green tree monitors with me.. Fricking dirt bag!!

Milo

Old 06-30-2016, 07:08 PM   #19
Crestedlovely
Wow, that was a good catch, Nicolas. I'm glad to hear your getting your animals back. That's nuts.

Old 06-30-2016, 11:52 PM   #20
Chad Gray
Glad you were able to intercept, I definitely wish I would have done the same.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Tags
john fick, john fickes, jonathan ficmeyer