Ryan Potts-GOOD GUY! - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 09-15-2008, 07:36 PM   #1
Casey Lazik
Ryan Potts-GOOD GUY!

Ryan Potts-GOOD GUY!

I traded some het for Hypo Western Hognose Snakes to Ryan Potts a couple of years ago. In return, I received a pair of Fire Ball Pythons.
I will say that Ryan was very pleasant throughout the entire transaction. Ryan even went out of his way to trade another pair that, perhaps, had more typical characteristics of this morph. I realize that some co-dominant morphs are highly variable but Ryan had no problem switching the pair I chose for another pair. I may have been a bit picky but Ryan was very gracious throughout the entire process.

Shortly thereafter, I realized I had too many ball pythons and needed to cut back a bit. I placed an ad on another reptile website with photos of these Fires and stated their origin. I received a very unpleasant email from a breeder in North Carolina that told me "THOSE ARE NOT FIRES!" He claimed to have the only true line of Fires that produce Black-eyed Leucistics. Since I was on the fence about selling these snakes anyway, I decided to keep them and breed them.

Fast forward two years. This pair of Fires I decided to keep laid 6 eggs 8 weeks ago. I just finished cutting the eggs of the clutch as we were approaching hatching time. I typically cut small windows in the ball pythons eggs around due date, whether or not any of the babies had slit on their own. Oh yeah...the results: Yes, there's a very nice Black-eyed Leucistic in this clutch of eggs!
The Fire Ball Pythons I acquire from Ryan Potts produced a beautiful Black-eyed Leucistic.

It will probably be a few days before it comes out but I wanted to make a public post, just in case the other breeder put any doubts in anyone's mind.

And the breeder in North Carolina who told me Ryan's Fires were not het for Black-eyed Leucistics, well, he was selling Fires too.
Thanks Ryan. You're a stand up guy.

Casey Lazik
www.reptilia.com

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!