NARBC Tinley Park Expo - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 10-11-2004, 11:30 PM   #1
evansnakes
NARBC Tinley Park Expo

How about a nice positive thread from me? I think first I need to mention what a great job Bob and Brian did of promoting this show and getting the people in the door. Each year it gets bigger and better, loaded with great animals, top breeders, manufacturers and dealers in a terrific facility. To those who attended, you know what I mean. To those who did not you are missing out on one of if not the best organized and run shows in the country.

It is one of those places that you see everybody in the business that you have not seen in a million years. It was great to talk to so many old friends and acquaitances all in the one weekend.

Some people that I recieved animals from at the show that I am very very pleased with: Ralph Davis (what an insane display of ball pythons RDR had spread out for us peasants to enjoy!) thanks Ralph for this beautiful little male, Mark and Kim Bell of Reptile Industries who have been selling me great animals since I was 16 years old and my neighbor, Anthony McCain (regardless of what Marc says about you man, you rock!). Thanks to all of them.

Lastly I'd like to thank all the great repeat customers that I had as well as all the new ones that I was fortunate enough to meet and send home with new critters. Thanks all. Hope to see everybody next year. Evan

Old 10-12-2004, 01:04 AM   #2
EvolutionReptiles
It was good but...

It was my third year to go to Tinley Park. And like Evan said it was very well organized. My only complaint and maybe it's just me was the lack of variety. It just seems every show you go to you can't turn around without seeing corns, burms, boas, and those darn ball python morphs. Would be nice to see a little more variety. I was pleased to see some things like cribos and more dart frogs this year. But thats just me rambling.

Old 10-12-2004, 02:12 AM   #3
evansnakes
Well, shows are a simple reflection of what the marketplace is wanting. You saw a million ball pythons because right now that is what people want and what sells for vendors. I have to disagree with you a little though. There were about 10 different styles of cages, all kinds of dry goods, clothing, books and as far as animals went there were vendors with tables full of tarantulas, frogs, tortoises, turtles, leopard geckos, bearded dragons, monitors and so much more. Personally I brought home new ball pythons but I also brought home several rare species of lizards. BUT as long as the animals that people want more than anything else are balls and boas that is what you will see. The market tells the manufacturer what to produce by consumer demand for the product. Balls are HOT baby. E

Old 10-12-2004, 05:27 PM   #4
craig kade
I also want to say I had a terrifc time at Tinley this year. I thought the variety of animals was terrific, I can't imagine what was missing. I picked up 13 boaphile cages from Mr. Ronne, a really weird "normal" male ball from Mr. Stahl, and even sold a few of my own boas.

I would have to say the best part of the whole trip was the positive responces I got with my hypo. Thank you very much to all the people that came over complimented me on him(no Evan you still can not have him) It is really good to know I am not the only one who thinks he is Hot. Look forward to seeing everyone next year. Craig

Old 10-12-2004, 06:44 PM   #5
robyn@Pro Exotics
the Tinley show was pretty packed this year, it was the thickest (with folks in the aisles) that i have seen in some time, including Daytona. we didn't take any animals, just Temp Guns and t-shirts, and it was great to see all the other breeders and companies, as well as the customers and regular faces that make the rounds of the shows.

i think Anaheim will be just as big and packed in the next few years, Bob and Brian do a great job with production and promotion.

good to see you too Evan, we gotta have dinner one of these shows, you seem like quite the character : )

Old 10-12-2004, 06:57 PM   #6
evansnakes
Hey Craig, I'm confused man. I thought we had a deal so I brought that male hypo home with me. I thought maybe I would drive all boa guys to a nervous breakdown by breeding him to a cornsnake next year. He he he.

It was good to see you too Robyn. Sorry I didn't have a chance to get back over to talk to you more. RDR had me running to pay my tab. Worth every penny. How about this, next year you go out with our retarded little group for post show grub? You'll have to endure a couple hours of Craig and our waitress serving up non stop digs on me, but hey, the food is always good and I'm buying. All of us skinny little fellas, I can't imagine it will be too expensive ^_^

Also, a special thank Mark O' Shea for not throwing food at me in the hotel bar this show (he wasn't there). So Mark, where ever you are little fella, I hope you and yours are well and just remember next year the spinach artichoke dip is on you again, literally. He he he, excellent.

Old 10-12-2004, 09:23 PM   #7
firehooligan
This show was great. I got some great deals on some animals(thanks Evan)and supplies(thanks boaphile, pro-exotics, and reptiletubs.com) which made me very happy. Robyn@Proexotics: Just curious why you didn't bring any animals with you? My brother had a whole lot of money to spend on your bloods. I think he is going to contact you soon. Anyways, I bought your one of your temp-guns and it is awsome. It is going to save me so much money on temp gauges

Old 10-12-2004, 10:55 PM   #8
kare
my first time at Tinley Park

and definitely not the last. I had a wonderful time, both days and I think my legs are finally over it all....
Thanks E. for the ackies and the gophersnakes-great kritters! We bought cages, bullsnakes, balls (Don Hamper, K&N Reptiles, cool), children's pythons, rubber boas, giant day geckos, temp guns, bulbs, driftwood, etc. I found alot of variety- - even those arachnids (shudder, sorry I can't deal with those creepy crawlies)
All around a great time and I will definitely bring more money next year!!!
Kare Odden

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!