Boa Newbie - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Snake Discussion Forums > Boas Discussion Forum

Notices

Old 01-21-2018, 03:30 PM   #1
charles85
Boa Newbie

Hello all. Looking to gain some knowledge on Boas. I don't own any boas currently, but I'm thinking about getting my first one soon. I currently own balls and bloods and I think boas would be a great new addition. So my questions are:

Are all boas on the market either kahl or sharp blood lines?

What is BCC BCI?

Any other great information is welcomed. Thank you.

Sent from my LG-H910 using Tapatalk

Old 01-21-2018, 03:39 PM   #2
richardhind1972
Boas are great and are not just 12ft monsters that legends are made of ,yes there are some big bcc out there but generally the bci are smaller and especially the males,
The Kahl and sharp strain only relates to the recessive albino gene of which you need both male and female to carry the gene to get a visual albino,there is also t+ albino that are more caramel coloured albino rather than the white
Hope his helps
Cheers rich

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk

Old 01-22-2018, 12:39 AM   #3
Randall Turner
If you go ahead with adding a boa you should find them to be great animals to work with. BCC are Boa Constrictor Constrictor, usually having awesome strong red coloration to their tails, along with bold saddles on their backs and much larger overall size, BCI/Boa Constrictor Imperator are now BI/Boa Imperator, and these are the more common boas you'll find available in the everyday hobbiests collections. BI are also where you'll find most morphs. As far as Kahl and Sharp, as Richard said, they are strains of albinos, you will also find VPI albino, Central American albinos and countless other morphs available.

What other sort of information are you looking to get regarding boas? You can find many topics here on the boa specific board and can also ask anything you may think of.

Good luck with finding a boa you like and make sure to do a search on the BOI for anyone you may decide to buy from.

Old 01-22-2018, 02:07 AM   #4
charles85
Thanks for the replies Rich and Randall. From the outside looking in, maybe I was over thinking the Boa world. But it seems that it's not that much different from what I'm already accostomed to. I've been a member of Fauna since 09 when I was stationed in Ft. Riley, so I keep an eye out on potential projects. But I've been speaking to a gentleman about a Albino Boa baby and I'm going to go ahead and get him later this week. Thanks again for the replies fellas.

Sent from my LG-H910 using Tapatalk

Old 01-22-2018, 02:29 AM   #5
richardhind1972
That’s ok Charles, just remember if the albino you get is Kahl strain and you was thinking of breeding then the other one needs to be Kahl as well , the forms of albino are not compatible with each other if you want a visual albino anyway, they would still produce offspring but would only be het for that form of albino, don’t forget to post some pics and good luck
Cheers rich

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk

Old 01-28-2018, 03:50 PM   #6
BlueCrowned
You will love your boa. I sold mine but she was a very cool snake. They have a ton of personality. Post pics when you get one.

Old 01-28-2018, 04:58 PM   #7
charles85
Will do. He will be here Tuesdays.

Old 01-28-2018, 05:12 PM   #8
richardhind1972
That’s exciting Charles don’t forget To post some pics then

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Old 01-28-2018, 05:21 PM   #9
charles85
Absolutely.

Old 01-28-2018, 07:38 PM   #10
elena
BCC and BCI aren't the only ones out there.

[IMG][/IMG]

This is a neonate BCO (Boa constrictor occidentalis) that I produced last year.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!