AL Cortiz, BAD GUY - Page 9 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 01-17-2008, 05:22 PM   #81
ravensgait
Quote:
Originally Posted by fishmich
maybe it was deleted because trr is one of the few sites that are worth visiting and it doesnt need this kind of garbage. i dont know al personally, but i know he has a good rep and i dont see how people see him as a bad guy. i dont think any of this in any will affect his good name. justyn on the other hand does have a bad rep and although it doesnt seem like hes done anything wrong this time, i cant figure out why hes got all worked up over this. what al did at the shhs site is what he should have done. his job their is to protect people who visit the classified section from possible problems and thats what he did. to me it just seems this like this is way bigger than it should be and bringing it here will probably prove to be much worse for justyn than it will for al. it seems to me that al is a trustworthy guy and is well respected in the venomous community, i doubt any of this will change that.
~bill
Jeez William did someone on Fauna say something mean to you and you left?
Here you say you don't know Al but go on to defend him up one side and down the other. Might want to do some reading here I suggest the TSE and Matt Graybeals threads as starters(shows how even good guys can go bad) Now I don't think Al's a bad guy but he has stepped in it a bit here and especially if he deleted Wes's thread and blocked him from posting, a major conflict of interest...It's the same as deleting Justyn's adds and banning him, which is likely a good thing but seeing as he had dealings with Justyn he should have referred it to someone else to act on. If he did that to Wes over there then I'll be changing my opinion of him to the negative.

Well fine you think this is way bigger than it should be but last I checked everyone else has the same right to their opinions as you do. As is often said here if you don't like what is said you don't have to read it. As for your last sentence it wasn't all that long ago that Justyn was a well respected member of that community as well and look what happened, again do some reading .. Randy

Old 01-17-2008, 05:24 PM   #82
nora
augh.. i didnt even get to finish my post.. geesh stupid post quick reply button..

Al and Joe decided hey, why not try to get some animals from africa...so they place an order... so what do they get? nothing.

Now... The permits that you're asking for really have nothing to do with the airbill that Al obtained. The carrier, told Al that the only shippment that was coming out of the congo was the shippment for Justyn.. therefore al asks justyn hey do you know anything about this? Justyn says no but i'll try to help and see what happened to your money.. etc etc.

Old 01-17-2008, 05:25 PM   #83
nora
ok randy, you're post messed me up.. now i look like a random posting loonatic.. thanks lol

Old 01-17-2008, 05:37 PM   #84
ravensgait
Sorry about that Nora should have PM'd me and I would have held up!! I do wonder why it took you longer to type than me as I'm S L O W, it's usually me half a page down from the post I'm replying to.
Randy

Old 01-17-2008, 06:09 PM   #85
fishmich
Quote:
Originally Posted by ravensgait
Jeez William did someone on Fauna say something mean to you and you left?
-no, i just dont frequent this site too much as it doesnt have quite as much to offer as a few of the others.

Quote:
Here you say you don't know Al but go on to defend him up one side and down the other.
-i dont know him personally, i know he cares about the hobby, cares about the snakes, and people throughout the community seem to respect him.

Quote:
Might want to do some reading here I suggest the TSE and Matt Graybeals threads as starters(shows how even good guys can go bad) Now I don't think Al's a bad guy but he has stepped in it a bit here and especially if he deleted Wes's thread and blocked him from posting, a major conflict of interest...It's the same as deleting Justyn's adds and banning him, which is likely a good thing but seeing as he had dealings with Justyn he should have referred it to someone else to act on.
-maybe he should have referred it to someone else, i think he himself mentioned that in a previous post. but it was his responsibility and if he had gone that route, someone here would surely be calling him out as a "scumbag" for having someone else handle it.

Quote:
If he did that to Wes over there then I'll be changing my opinion of him to the negative.
-why, because the people in charge at that site dont tolerate grown people acting like children, calling names and stirring the bucket?

Quote:
Well fine you think this is way bigger than it should be but last I checked everyone else has the same right to their opinions as you do. As is often said here if you don't like what is said you don't have to read it. As for your last sentence it wasn't all that long ago that Justyn was a well respected member of that community as well and look what happened, again do some reading .. Randy

Old 01-17-2008, 06:34 PM   #86
nora
Quote:
Sorry about that Nora should have PM'd me and I would have held up!! I do wonder why it took you longer to type than me as I'm S L O W, it's usually me half a page down from the post I'm replying to.
Randy
My excuse is I'm at work.

Old 01-17-2008, 06:46 PM   #87
ravensgait
Well William you sure seem to miss the point.

"" -i dont know him personally, i know he cares about the hobby, cares about the snakes, and people throughout the community seem to respect him.""
Well two years ago I bet you would have thought Chris Johnson was a real good guy, many sure did but look how that turned out.

""-maybe he should have referred it to someone else, i think he himself mentioned that in a previous post. but it was his responsibility and if he had gone that route, someone here would surely be calling him out as a "scumbag" for having someone else handle it."'

Sure he'd be a scum bag for handling it the right way! yeah right, you might have thought so, I can't see why any reasonable person would think that. And what about this thing with Wes? it was part of what you Quoted but you failed to respond to it...

""-why, because the people in charge at that site dont tolerate grown people acting like children, calling names and stirring the bucket? ""

By the way-- you kick the bucket,,,,,,you stir the pot,,,,
Not sure what this comment has to do with the part of my post you Quoted but if he was the one who deleted the threads and blocked Wes well then there is that conflict of interest again but I guess that never crossed you mind did it William. Well I bet you figured out by now that it crossed mine and other folks minds.

Gary what's the scoop who deleted the threads and blocked Wes???
Randy

Old 01-17-2008, 07:07 PM   #88
nora
Randy... wes getting banned on TRR wouldnt be the first time.. and gary is a somewhat firm believer in not banning people, and every once in a while we'll get that one person who slips up bad and get banned. Gary literally has a high high high tolerance for what goes on in and around his boards... for him to ban wes, well lets just say wes would actually hafta have done something BAD. and since i didnt get to see his post on trr, well then we'll hafta take gary's word for it.

oh fyi. as far as i remember Supermods and forum mods dont have the ability to ban people.. only Admins...

Old 01-17-2008, 07:21 PM   #89
ravensgait
Thanks Nora, I think I still have a membership over there but can't remember the last time I looked at the site so really didn't know who other than Gary was a Mod ETC . If Gary blocked Wes or one of the other Mods there did (yeah he gets banned a lot) that's one thing but if it was Al or Al asking another Mod to do it that would be something else.. Thanks again.. Randy

Old 01-17-2008, 08:13 PM   #90
Gary O
I have not read everything yet sense my last post. But I will say this.

The stuff happening on my site has my team moderating it. Not just Al. Al is not the one acting on them.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!