Bad Guy Al Brown-Browns Boas-Nightmare Transaction - Page 7 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 12-14-2010, 11:39 AM   #61
d0cking
Is Mr. Brown (or who ever built the rack) licensed to do electrical work? I know none of you were injured from the rack but, someone else could. It is one thing to wire a rack for yourself and take all responsibility for it but, You can't go around wiring up electrical devices for other people when you don't know what you are doing. I believe that I read earlier that he was no longer building them. Many people would say that it is over and no one will be hurt. That may or may not be true. I would check and see if the person is licensed. I'm not saying sue him. And btw I applaud you for not being one of those people who are out there looking for a chance to "take someone to the cleaners" for personal gain. There is a real danger with this man product. Do I feel that you should be refunded... YES! By law would he be made to refund you.. maybe not. Any man worth his salt would be willing to make it right, and go beyond to make it up to you! I know I would. Just remember, this country doesn't seem to be governed by morals anymore but by laws alone. Have a paper trail of proof and terms. Most states will have a state board that deals with electrical. You can call them and then they will/should deal with him (the one that did the electrical work). They MIGHT be able to help you get some sort of compensation. They do here in Alabama. I've seen many times that the State would pressure someone to make a dealing right.

Thanks,
Michael

Oh... any of our products pertaining to heating wire/tape has not had a shelf life... The only thing I could think of would be UV damage if it was stored in the sun light.

Old 12-14-2010, 11:59 AM   #62
moyers monsters
Well said Michael.

Just to throw this out there to add why I am involved. Pat is a very very dear friend. The fact that Mr brown put him in the predicament to possibly be injured to possibly watch his house burn down and potentially be in that house is an instant call to arms for me (metaphoricaly speaking) and i will back him up after seeing what brown has done. I just so happen to have the luxury of a smart phone so I can come on here while I am working.

Old 12-14-2010, 12:02 PM   #63
bryanlucas
I still think Mr brown should get off the "bpa forums" and bring his 350lb butt over here and explain himself. Do others agree?

Old 12-14-2010, 12:03 PM   #64
d0cking
Quote:
Originally Posted by herpman081 View Post
"Nail him to the wall", "I'd take his business", Good lord people... He didnt murder the guys kids. He built a crappy rack. And so he owes him a full refund. And if he doesnt pay for that then sue him for the cost of the rack + repairs. But thats it, he doesnt owe you "his business"(not that you, the OP, said that).

Im really surprised by the reaction from some of you. From other threads I've always thought you guys were reasonable people. If you really think getting a little shock means your now the proud new owner of someone elses livelihood than your completely unreasonable (at least in this scenario).

Crappy workmanship, yes. Horrible customer service, absolutely. But a little shock (even several little shocks) and some rust doesnt constitute stringing him up...

Now didn't you know that is the new American dream!! These folks work hard to make it happen!! Looking for HOT coffee, wet floors, lawn mowers that doesn't have a warning label stating that it isn't designed to be handheld and used for a hedge sheer!... Yep, The American dream.... Gotta love it!!

Old 12-14-2010, 12:34 PM   #65
snared99
Quote:
Originally Posted by bryanlucas View Post
I still think Mr brown should get off the "bpa forums" and bring his 350lb butt over here and explain himself. Do others agree?
I completely agree he needs to address this matter, but obviously he doesnt care about his reputation or he would be here.

Can we please get off of the sueing from the electrical issue. I had no plans on taking his $2 business for a shock. I only want to be compensated for what I paid for, or have this fixed by having the correct panels placed on the rack.
To Mr. Brown, because i know your watching, a IC3(interent crime) complaint has been filed against you. I suggest you start working with me on this issue. Small claims court is next.

Old 12-14-2010, 12:36 PM   #66
snared99
Thank you for filing a complaint with the Internet Crime Complaint Center (IC3).

Your complaint has been successfully submitted. Please retain the following
information for future contacts with the IC3:

Complaint Id: I1012121658385501

Just in case you think im not serious

Old 12-14-2010, 01:17 PM   #67
snared99
Mr. Brown,

I would like to keep you in the loop with what is going on currently. Since you are not willing to help us fix this mess we filed a IC3 claim against you and your business:

Thank you for filing a complaint with the Internet Crime Complaint Center (IC3).

Your complaint has been successfully submitted. Please retain the following
information for future contacts with the IC3:

Complaint Id: I1012121658385501

Here is proof. We just want a rack that works and is not rusting only 55 days after being used. I think you can appreciate wanting to have nice racks. If your willing to work with us in coming to a solution I will drop these claims being investigated against you. We are also more then willing, if need be to go to small claims court to get the money back for the poorly manufactured rack. We have already spoken with our lawyer and he feels we have a extremely strong case. Please make it easier on both of us and lets come to a conclusion. Like stated I only want a rack that is what I paid for or my money back to buy one. If we end up in court you will then be liable for court costs on top of the refund if you loose, and there is not much grounds for a case for you at this point. Please respond with your thoughts.

Pat Kline

Email sent to Mr. Brown today making him aware of t he situation, yet again

Old 12-14-2010, 01:19 PM   #68
Drew Zaun
Not for nothing, but does this really constitute a CRIME? Really it seems this is a quality issue, not a fraud issue. It is a matter for small claims court to be compensated for having the rack finished properly. Lets leave criminal investigations for real crimes, otherwise law enforcement agencies are overwhelmed and real criminals have more time to hurt more people. If you ordered and paid for a finished product, did not recieve a finished product, and Brown won't compensate you, take it to Judge Judy.

Old 12-14-2010, 01:22 PM   #69
Yaz23
Pat, glad your taking my advice. Keep pushing, if nothing is happening just start going through legal means and then threaten to sue. By then, he should be taking you more seriously. I would tell him you want a full refund and give him the rack back. If nothing happens, press charges, easy as that.

Putting the rust issue aside, the actual rack is not even working properly so you didnt even get what you paid for. You paid $1200 for a rack that is unusable. Tell him to fix it or you get it fixed by someone and have him pay for the cost. Or simply just tell him you want a full refund and give him the rack back. Like stated in my first paragraph, push until you get responded to. If no responses occur, threaten to press charges, if still no responses, then press charges and then you'll get your money that way.

Old 12-14-2010, 01:28 PM   #70
snared99
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drew Zaun View Post
Not for nothing, but does this really constitute a CRIME? Really it seems this is a quality issue, not a fraud issue. It is a matter for small claims court to be compensated for having the rack finished properly. Lets leave criminal investigations for real crimes, otherwise law enforcement agencies are overwhelmed and real criminals have more time to hurt more people. If you ordered and paid for a finished product, did not recieve a finished product, and Brown won't compensate you, take it to Judge Judy.
Actually it is a crime. Im sure if you were ripped off of $1200 you would like that money back too. So if the seller does not want to work with me on a resolution, the authorities can then step in. Mr. Brown has had ample time to work on something. This is just as much a crime as sending a box with nothing in it. The product is not what was paid for. You may have your opinion, but there actually a section just for these transactions on the IC3 site, so obviously this is a crime( atleast as far as the FBI is concerned)

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!