Bad Guy Al Brown-Browns Boas-Nightmare Transaction - Page 8 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 12-14-2010, 01:30 PM   #71
d0cking
Quote:
Originally Posted by snared99 View Post
Can we please get off of the sueing from the electrical issue. I had no plans on taking his $2 business for a shock. I only want to be compensated for what I paid for, or have this fixed by having the correct panels placed on the rack.
If you are referring to my statement... I did not mean it to sound as if I was sugesting for you to take his bussiness. I'm pretty much just saying report him to the board. The board is to protect the people of the state. If he is doing nothing wrong, then nothing happens. If he is, You could save a life tomorrow. I know if someone saw a drunk driver all over the road... and did not report them to the cops.. and my wife and kids met that person on the road in an accident... well, it is the same thing. Do you have to report someone that is doing something that could put the public at risk? I don't know but, I think it is the responsible thing to do. That's just me and I know that don't mean much :

Thanks,
Michael

Old 12-14-2010, 01:34 PM   #72
SPJ
I don't think anyone is implying sue him and take his house.
I feel if he will not refund the money for this rack, then he should be sued in small claims court. That type, to get your money back, is totally acceptable IMO.
The rack has electrical issues, rust issues, and was not what was paid for.
A full refund is in order.

Old 12-14-2010, 01:37 PM   #73
snared99
Quote:
Originally Posted by SPJ View Post
I don't think anyone is implying sue him and take his house.
I feel if he will not refund the money for this rack, then he should be sued in small claims court. That type, to get your money back, is totally acceptable IMO.
The rack has electrical issues, rust issues, and was not what was paid for.
A full refund is in order.
That is exactly what im trying to say. I just want my hard earned money back, or a solution to fix this rack.

Old 12-14-2010, 04:08 PM   #74
Yaz23

For all you that dont know, he breeds high end boas/animals as well. He doesnt just 'build racks'. If he doesnt give you a refund or 'doesnt have the money' its a bunch of b.s. He can easily sell an animal and have the money for you. http://brownsboas.biz/index.html

No one is saying sue the crap out of him by any means. He has a family and kids like most of us. Something like this doesnt serve the right to screw him royally. All I am saying (and most of the people here) is tell him you want a full refund and give him the rack back. If nothing happens, press charges and you will get your money back. Its not right what happened to Pat and he deserves his money back. The rack he bought is completely useless.

Old 12-14-2010, 04:30 PM   #75
Drew Zaun
Quote:
If someone sold me a product that injured me with electricity I would find a personal injury attorney and sue the snot out of that business...

I wouldn't be begging for him to replace a little rust, I'd take his whole business.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yaz23 View Post
No one is saying sue the crap out of him by any means. He has a family and kids like most of us. Something like this doesnt serve the right to screw him royally. All I am saying (and most of the people here) is tell him you want a full refund and give him the rack back. If nothing happens, press charges and you will get your money back. Its not right what happened to Pat and he deserves his money back. The rack he bought is completely useless.
Which is greater...snot or crap?

And lets not get too carried away with the condition of the rack either, the electrical issue was fixed and according to post #1 compensated for. A little surface rust, which is all that there has been time for, hardly renders the rack "completely useless".

Should Brown pay to repair the rust? Absolutely he should. Is Pat entitled to a complete refund? I don't know, depends on Brown's TOS I guess. But Brown should own up to improperly finished metal and pay to have it repaired.

If he wont I would go after him in small claims court. It is not a matter for the police, Brown may be a poor craftsman and even poorer business man, but that hardly makes him a criminal...

Old 12-14-2010, 05:09 PM   #76
bryanlucas
Maybe he can sell one of his ARS racks to pay what he owes you... or maybe he could give you one of his ars racks. He has two on his facilty page.
http://brownsboas.biz/Facility.html

Fat boy needs to pay what he owes pain and simple, he's nothing more than a thief in my eyes.
  Received Warning
Old 12-14-2010, 07:09 PM   #77
crotalusadamanteus
Quote:
Actually it is a crime.
No, actually, it's not a crime. He didn't take your money and run, you got a rack out of the deal. Might be poorly made, but you received your merchandise, and I doubt there is a law enforcement agency in the US that would do more then direct you to small claims court.

You got the word out there, and people are reading. That just might have more effect then you think. Some mighty big names in the industry have gone down for service issues smaller then this.

Quote:
That is exactly what im trying to say. I just want my hard earned money back, or a solution to fix this rack.
Not contesting that the dough boy should reimburse you at all. In fact, I agree with you. At least partial for your headache, and having to rewire it, if nothing else.

BUT...does it really look like he's going to? Not from this computer screen it don't. SO, you were offered a very reasonable alternative, which would leave you with a fully functional rack, even if the paint is not an even match. At least you'd have something for your money. I figure someone tried helping you out. Maybe you should consider it.

Or you can just keep trying to collect, let the rack rust away so it's not usable, AND be out the $1200.

Old 12-14-2010, 08:12 PM   #78
snared99
Quote:
Originally Posted by crotalusadamanteus View Post
No, actually, it's not a crime. He didn't take your money and run, you got a rack out of the deal. Might be poorly made, but you received your merchandise, and I doubt there is a law enforcement agency in the US that would do more then direct you to small claims court.

You got the word out there, and people are reading. That just might have more effect then you think. Some mighty big names in the industry have gone down for service issues smaller then this.

Not contesting that the dough boy should reimburse you at all. In fact, I agree with you. At least partial for your headache, and having to rewire it, if nothing else.

BUT...does it really look like he's going to? Not from this computer screen it don't. SO, you were offered a very reasonable alternative, which would leave you with a fully functional rack, even if the paint is not an even match. At least you'd have something for your money. I figure someone tried helping you out. Maybe you should consider it.

Or you can just keep trying to collect, let the rack rust away so it's not usable, AND be out the $1200.
Actually i have already started the renovations on the rust issues. The whole point of this thread was to get the word out, I glad you go that out of the thread. I have said many times i know no money will come out of Mr. Brown, but it doesnt mean i cant try. And if it wasnt a crime why would the IC3 be investigating him right now??? But i realize that is not a sure thing either, but the service is there why not try it?????? I dont remember saying anywhere in this thread I was not going to fix the problem myself, or that the suggestion given was a good one.

Old 12-14-2010, 08:17 PM   #79
Bobby Douglass
Fat boy and dough boy? Do we really need to resort to acting like children?

Old 12-14-2010, 08:18 PM   #80
snared99
Rust pics
Attached Images

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!