Info Al Brown/ Liar - Page 4 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 10-31-2011, 12:23 PM   #31
radera5
Quote:
Originally Posted by deborahbroadus View Post
I understand your concerns. I agree that it's wise to cover all the bases on your (seller's) end when being on the buyer end. By this, I mean that while in the "buyer" mode, one needs to be aware of how they will be able to move the animal later and having a SIGNED document is something that one can refer to and is not likely to be labled a "forgery" as it can be verified.

What do you think the buyer can do to make you a satisfied customer? Do you need more history on the animal's document and a signature? Can you outline exactly what you want on the document? Is the seller willing to create another document that would satisfy the buyer?

**Personally, when buying an animal (BP) if there's a signed document, I usually contact the original seller to verify that he did sell the animal and the documents are not forged, before making a purchase. If someone is trying to pawn unsigned genetic/paternity documents on me, I usually just pass.
I agree, though I get the feeling Al just forgot to sign the doc. he sent. It seems that is the main problem now. Another SIGNED document, and this should be taken care of IMO.

Old 10-31-2011, 12:25 PM   #32
Focal
My honest opinion, that's what most people get in the ball python world (unfortunately), however, not eveyone leaves the bar there. I've received great paperwork, average paperwork, and sometimes below.

Great paperwork keeps me as a repeat customer. Subpar paperwork varies depending on how well I know the breeder. Crappy paperwork will never see another dime from me and if I eventually resell the animal, I will give them that sheet FWIW, a reduced cost, and my own personal guarantee if it doesn't work out (or sold as a normal). Otherwise, I will prove the animal out and produce my own paperwork and guarantee.

I'm not sure how lineage works with boas though.

Now not having a signature... I don't know Al Brown, at all until today. If I purchased, I would not feel confortable without a signature because I don't know if he would honor something that I could have easily created. I think a signature helps the document carry a significant amount of weight versus a printed Word doc.

Old 10-31-2011, 12:39 PM   #33
allreptiles1966
The info i wanted as lineage is stated above by Al.He did not offer any of this info to me.
The above looks alot more like lineage then 1 photo id of parents.Dont you think?
If Al had sent the above statement of those boa's of Frank Martin and Mr Harmon that came to help Al make these boa's,i would not be in here.!!
That above statement is lineage!!!

Old 10-31-2011, 01:18 PM   #34
Designerboa
Angry Get a life

A BOI post calling Al a lier?........ Really?

Rich, If Al tells you it's Easter....dye an egg. I can't believe you called Al a liar publicly over such a trivial issue.....You have just labeled yourself a "BAD BUYER" in my book by posting this thread....

Old 10-31-2011, 02:02 PM   #35
allreptiles1966
Thats ok.I am just about done finishing my collection.Have fun selling to others.Its your right.I wasnt looking to buy from you.
And if Al tells me its easter i'm suppose to believe him huh?How old are you buddy?
If you lie,you get called a liar man,what else can i say.I did not get what he stated he would send!I am not looking for anything extra.Lineage papers and photo id.Thats it!
When people ask for proof its a jungle because i'm new,and i say,i dont have any.Guess what happens,they move on.
Having signed papers and genetics to back it up sells!
Thanks for your special input buddy.
And God Bless??? Are you for real? Christians do not talk to others this way.

Old 10-31-2011, 02:21 PM   #36
reptilebaby
That looks alot like genetic guarantees I've gotten when buying Balls, but one of mine only had the colors of the parents written out on it under a pic of the snake.
I am too new at getting hets to really know what to expect when it comes to genetic paperwork or lineage paperwork. Wouldn't that be 2 different things? Genetic Just says yeah, this is what it's het for, but wouldn't lineage would go back a certain number of generations? Wouldn't you expect someone who says they've produced X number of generations down to the baby you are buying to be able to supply you with a detailed list of each snake that went into the production of the one you're buying? Not just the parents?

I'd like any imput on that as well for when I begin producing my own.

Old 10-31-2011, 02:32 PM   #37
FireStorm
It seems to me that maybe the problem here is that there was a miscommunication about what exactly Rich wanted as far as lineage. It doesn't really seem to me like Al intentionally misrepresented the boa, since he posted the info about it in this thread. I would be interested to see the emails that took place after the photo ID was received by Rich. It seems like if that info had been emailed to Rich in the first place this thread could have been avoided.

Old 10-31-2011, 03:09 PM   #38
allreptiles1966
here are the following emails and it ended there.I'm sorry to dog a well know person,but with Als years of experience he knows what lineage papers are! If not,wrong business to be in.
From me of course--And its starts at the bottom of this,sorry.This was my last statement to Al.
I dont need any pics.
Its just a shame that you told me 1 thing and now doing something else man.I see why you say us people from up this way are hard to please.I guess being lied to does that to people Al.
You straight up told me that you were sending me photo id and lineage papers.i'm not sure why you changed your mind about the lineage papers.
I dont like sales pitches or people who lie to me.Its too bad you do business the way you did to me man. I would have been a very good buyer.
Very unhappy costumer.Boa is great and healthy though.

Subject: Re: jungle het lipstick male
To: bluedogs06gto@hotmail.com
Date: Thu, 27 Oct 2011 22:11:38 +0000

I can send you pix of the albino jungle fathers parents.. To see the females parents you will have to go to peter kahls site... Litter 19 in the boa birthing record for 2006 as it says on the photo id... I won't be able to get you the pics of the albino jungles parents until Monday when I get home from vacation...

Thanks,
Sent from my Verizon Wireless BlackBerry
Date: Thu, 27 Oct 2011 17:18:01 -0400
To: <brownsboas@comcast.net>
Subject: RE: jungle het lipstick male

Hi Al
What happened to all his lineage papers you promised me.
All you sent was a photo id and i dont really need that part of our deal.I was and stated to you that 1 reason i was buying from you,you were sending me all his lineage back to grand parents or great grand parents.I was counting on these papers.
That is why i didnt want to spend another $500.Not being rude,honestly.
Your email is below stating what i am asking now.
Thanks Al
Rich
Subject: Re: jungle het lipstick male
To: bluedogs06gto@hotmail.com
Date: Fri, 7 Oct 2011 16:31:13 +0000

T

Old 10-31-2011, 03:11 PM   #39
allreptiles1966
Just keep in mind,i'm not questioning the het part of this deal.

Old 10-31-2011, 03:25 PM   #40
hhmoore
Rich,
In his post, Al indicates that he received your request for the lineage information while on vacation; and that his response was that he would get it together for you when when he got home and could access his computer. Did you receive that message from him?
If so, considering he said he would be home today, posting before 0800 certainly seems like you aren't giving him reasonable time to respond to your request. If email wasn't received, that is a different story.
As a side note, if you are looking for a formal document, as one receives with registered dogs...I'm afraid you are going to be disappointed. There is no central registering agency, no "official" documentation. If Al can give you an accounting of the background/lineage for that boa, my suggestion is to save the email...maybe set up a file that arranges the information in a manner you like, so you can provide that information to a customer that purchases that snake (or one of his offspring).

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!