Fedex packages getting stuck in Memphis, TN. - Page 2 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Shipping

Notices

Shipping Forum for all issues concerning shipping, shipping companies, and anything directly related to moving animals and products via commercial carriers.

Old 03-02-2012, 10:42 AM   #11
Focal
Memphis is horrible. They will always blame it on weather ... in fact I think they even have a weather disclaimer up about Memphis everytime I send something. Not sure if it's actually weather or not, but they seem to have a lot of issues.

Old 03-02-2012, 12:59 PM   #12
bloodybaroness
Quote:
Originally Posted by Focal View Post
Memphis is horrible. They will always blame it on weather ... in fact I think they even have a weather disclaimer up about Memphis everytime I send something. Not sure if it's actually weather or not, but they seem to have a lot of issues.
Seems like Memphis has been getting worse and worse. I don't get it. Had another package fouled up there this morning (frozen feeders.)

I wish there was a way to avoid that hub, but that ain't gonna happen.

Old 03-02-2012, 01:34 PM   #13
salottimc
Bad weather = Bad management. Are other packages getting held up or just items dealing with the reptile trade? Maybe I'm getting a little paranoid...

Old 03-04-2012, 04:15 AM   #14
Ultimate Pythons
Well all the snakes arrived unharmed. They refunded my shipping cost without me even asking. They were very nice and understanding with my concerns, but couldn't give me any kind of reasoning for the delays. I was told that there were no weather delays showing up in their system. A little odd if you ask me. Hope Memphis gets it together.

Old 03-04-2012, 05:21 AM   #15
bigdogg
I had this issue shipping out a package. Weird was I shipped out two. One to Kansas and one to Louisiana. Kansas everything was awesome got their right on time. LA on the other hand. Never got scanned when it landed. Got to mephis and supposedly got delayed. Weird thing it went straight from Memphis to the destination town in LA. No scanning at a sort center or anything. So I think Fedex has been losing packages and blaming it on weather. As it did arrive Monday night the day I shipped it to the town. But it was on a truck that couldn't get unloaded as they were undermanned? Weird I never seen fedex not have ppl working. So who knows. I think there is something fishy going on with fedex and am about to go to all Delta Dash shipping again

Old 03-04-2012, 01:48 PM   #16
bekers71
I've had problems with the Memphis hub a few times in the past.

But, last week was the week we were tore apart with tornadoes and bad weather. This weekend was just as bad. So this time might actually be due to the weather.

Old 03-08-2012, 05:35 PM   #17
Ultimate Pythons
Well, I finally shipped out my last snake and what do ya know. It is delayed in Memphis! This is ridiculous. I pay for overnight and every one that goes through Memphis was held up an extra night. Talked with Fedex again and they couldn't give me any reason once again. Something is definitely going on with the Memphis hub. Strange that no one at Fedex can give me any reason for all of my shipment being held up there.

Old 03-08-2012, 06:08 PM   #18
bekers71
That is really weird. I just got a shipment in today that came through the Memphis hub.

Old 03-08-2012, 06:21 PM   #19
Ultimate Pythons
It just left Memphis. I called them back and they dont know what happened. It might have got left in Tulsa, OK this time. I have never had this many problems with Fedex before.

Old 03-08-2012, 06:39 PM   #20
bigdogg
A lot of my shipments have been routed through Indianapolis now instead of Memphis. Not sure whats up. Maybe computer issues with the Hub.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!