taiwanese beauty - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Snake Discussion Forums > Cornsnakes & Ratsnakes Discussion Forum

Notices

Old 03-27-2005, 09:41 PM   #1
lotsadragons
taiwanese beauty

im going to all the colubrid forms hoping to get some personal stories of keeping beauty snakes .i have a chinese/taiwanese beauty (Elaphe Taeniura taeniura) i just got (about 4 feet and she isnt even a year yet!!!) and i am having a hell of a time finding much info, i have a caresheet that i used for my setup and basically what the breeder told me about them, however i havent read anyone talking about a beauty snake anywhere...if anyone has one i'd love to hear how your experience with this type of snake. i have mine for a week now and she is the sweetest/fastest snake ive ever handled!! anyways i know this is probably gonna get deleted but email me if you have something you'd like to share.

Old 03-27-2005, 09:43 PM   #2
lotsadragons
Quote:
Originally Posted by lotsadragons
anyways i know this is probably gonna get deleted but email me if you have something you'd like to share.
sorry i copied this from another post on a different site that was specifically for corns....

Old 03-31-2005, 06:52 AM   #3
gordy
Living With Beauties ??

HI IM GORDY IVE BEEN LOOKING FOR SOMEONE ELSE WITH TIAWAN BEAUTY, THAT MAY BE ABLE TO ANSWER A FEW QUESTIONS FOR ME.
SUCH AS CAN THEY BE KEPT TOGETHER IN A LARGE SPACE (6"LONG 3.5"DEEP 8"TALL) AND ARE THERE ANY OTHER REPTS I COULD INCORPERATE ?
BY THE WAY I HAVE A 6.5" TIA BEAUTY HE'S ABOUT FOUR OR FIVE IM NOT TO SURE I GOT HIM OFF A FREIND FOR FORTY POUNDS ABOUT 2 YEARS AGO AND HAVE CONVERTED A LARGE PART OF MY FLAT INTO A HOME FOR HIM ABIT EXREME BUT I FELT A BIT BAD AS HE WAS TOO SMALL FOR HIS OLD TANK AND NOW IM TRYING TO FILL SOME OF THE VACANT SPACE . THANKS FOR ANY LIGHT U CAN SHINE ON MY DILEMA HOPE TO HERE FROM YOU SOON GORDY AND IF THERES ANYTHING I CAN HELP YOU WITH ASK

Old 03-31-2005, 10:50 AM   #4
lotsadragons
well...the breeder i got mine from keeps a male and female together, and has never had an incidednt, but i personnally (even though he says it is fine and he's never had an incident, many people have had incidents with snakes fighting and dying)wouldnt do it. as long as they are fed and not hungry all the time im sure you could put them together. (i'll probably get shat on for saying that)is yours male or female...i hope my male gets way bigger than 6.5 feet....im hoping 7-10 feet !!!i love the tb...they amaze me sooo much that im getting another.

Old 04-25-2005, 01:46 AM   #5
CRToon83
i have a blue beauty, very close in care to a taiwan beauty. the main differences is that a taiwan beauty can make more use of a more vertical cage vs a cage with more floor space. I'm gonna be giving my blue both as she grows.

they generally need more humidity than a north american rat/corn, but they don't need something as high as a green tree python. My girl likes to burrow a lot, so I keep aspen in her cage.

Personally, I would never house anything with a beauty snake, or any snake for that matter. I know some very highly thought of breeders that will back me up on never housing two snakes together, unless it is for breeding purposes. Sometimes they will just snap and attack each other, if you aren't there then you will have 2 dead snakes, most likely. And even if you are, what are you going to do to break up a fight between two 9 foot snakes? NOTHING if you're smart! They could turn and have you blacked out in a matter of 15 seconds.

To me, it's not worth the risk. Then you have the whole deal of trying to seperate them for feedings, and i'll tell you these things get so agressive as to feeding when they're grown it's amazing. you don't want to be anywhere close when they're in feeding mode. get some LONG hemostats!

IMO, if you've never kept a snake this large before, wait until it is at least near full grown before you go getting another. Make sure you will have the room for the cage and all. You don't want to end up with more than you can handle!!!

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!