Bad Guy Tommy T Radix, not cool - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 07-17-2016, 07:21 AM   #1
Nancy Mindlin
Tommy T Radix, not cool

Purchased a Puget female for 500 dollars from Mr. Hamilton, possibly gravid. He then swapped snakes, without giving me a chance to agree to this treatment. He explained about a tail injury and how to feed her. Would have been good to know, BEFORE ship out. Luckily, she did turn out to be a calm snake. Did not look gravid. But, long story short, she gave birth to 14 babies. I was panic stricken and Mr. H urged me to let him raise them, saying that he has "tricks" to get them eating. I have all the FB conversations to prove out what I say. Foolishly, I shipped six babies in one deli cup and the same shipment. I was eager to work with him and was primarily worried about the animals. But I am no dummy and I am noticing the red flags about his attitude. He immediately complained, upon receiving them, that he had popped them and were all male. He also lost one, which will die. It has not been found. In our discussions about trading, a male blue concinnus was mentioned, because I was on the wait list to purchase it. But Mr. Hamilton began to demand the "other four babies that you OWE me." He used the rationale that I have broken my word. Well, yes, I certainly did begin to dig in my heels. I no longer felt comfortable letting him have more of MY babies. Mr. H was clearly angry and said that I "got her [the dam] for free." He offered a whole different type of garter (radix) that I just do not have and have no interest in at this time. Mr. H is perfectly content to leave it this way. I have not been paid for the shipping nor for the six hatchlings. I am making a long story short, but Mr. H is NOT a devoted, nice breeder. He is a wheeler/dealer who has decided to live off sales of reptiles. He took advantage of my newbie status. He is arrogant, unpleasant and greed motivated. Mr. Hamilton, you have lost a customer who could have paid you a LOT of money for years to come. You have lost so much more than a few more Pugets! And you don't even have the mind to understand this. --Nancy Mindlin

Old 07-17-2016, 07:48 AM   #2
Nancy Mindlin
Post script -- My babies are doing VERY WELL! It took some work, but anyone with half a brain and some dedication can do this. They are now switching from fish to pinkies (it's a process). I have a message for "newbies" and intermediates in snakes: You do not have to accept abusive treatment. When you come across this level of arrogance, please just STOP giving that breeder your BUSINESS! I do respect experience and hard work. I, myself, am a breeder of many animals. BUT... there is NO excuse for the attitude that I see, over and over again. Newbies, you CAN DO THIS Do not allow the "experts" to mistreat you! It is in your own power, to cut them off and move on. Life is short. Find good people

Old 07-17-2016, 10:49 AM   #3
Black Adder
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nancy Mindlin View Post
Purchased a Puget female for 500 dollars from Mr. Hamilton, possibly gravid. He then swapped snakes, without giving me a chance to agree to this treatment. He explained about a tail injury and how to feed her. Would have been good to know, BEFORE ship out. Luckily, she did turn out to be a calm snake. Did not look gravid. But, long story short, she gave birth to 14 babies. I was panic stricken and Mr. H urged me to let him raise them, saying that he has "tricks" to get them eating. I have all the FB conversations to prove out what I say. Foolishly, I shipped six babies in one deli cup and the same shipment. I was eager to work with him and was primarily worried about the animals. But I am no dummy and I am noticing the red flags about his attitude. He immediately complained, upon receiving them, that he had popped them and were all male. He also lost one, which will die. It has not been found. In our discussions about trading, a male blue concinnus was mentioned, because I was on the wait list to purchase it. But Mr. Hamilton began to demand the "other four babies that you OWE me." He used the rationale that I have broken my word. Well, yes, I certainly did begin to dig in my heels. I no longer felt comfortable letting him have more of MY babies. Mr. H was clearly angry and said that I "got her [the dam] for free." He offered a whole different type of garter (radix) that I just do not have and have no interest in at this time. Mr. H is perfectly content to leave it this way. I have not been paid for the shipping nor for the six hatchlings. I am making a long story short, but Mr. H is NOT a devoted, nice breeder. He is a wheeler/dealer who has decided to live off sales of reptiles. He took advantage of my newbie status. He is arrogant, unpleasant and greed motivated. Mr. Hamilton, you have lost a customer who could have paid you a LOT of money for years to come. You have lost so much more than a few more Pugets! And you don't even have the mind to understand this. --Nancy Mindlin
Maybe it is just me but I am a little confused here as to what the exact arrangement was at purchase time?
Possibly gravid and if so were you to send all the hatchlings back to him or?
If not then why would he be claiming they are his and you must send the rest?
Please clarify for me
Thank you

Old 07-17-2016, 11:03 AM   #4
Lucille
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nancy Mindlin View Post
I have all the FB conversations to prove out what I say.
Nancy, for the sake of future readers who might be considering a transaction with this person could you please provide screen shots of your conversations?

Old 07-17-2016, 01:54 PM   #5
Beyond GenetiX
Quote:
Originally Posted by Black Adder View Post
Maybe it is just me but I am a little confused here as to what the exact arrangement was at purchase time?
Possibly gravid and if so were you to send all the hatchlings back to him or?
If not then why would he be claiming they are his and you must send the rest?
Please clarify for me
Thank you
I agree. I'm as lost, as last years Easter eggs.

Old 07-17-2016, 02:19 PM   #6
TOMMYTRADIX
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucille View Post
Nancy, for the sake of future readers who might be considering a transaction with this person could you please provide screen shots of your conversations?
i have screenshots i will post once i upload them to my laptop. this post is very misleading.

Old 07-17-2016, 02:25 PM   #7
Black Adder
Quote:
Originally Posted by TOMMYTRADIX View Post
i have screenshots i will post once i upload them to my laptop. this post is very misleading.
That would be great Tommy
I am sure that this is just a lot of confusion and mis understandings
My dealings with you were excellent and our garter is kicking bottom...lol
Looking forward to the screenshots

Old 07-17-2016, 03:08 PM   #8
TOMMYTRADIX
she has me blocked on fb too so i cant personally contact her. she blocked me right after she sent the last message which will be posted shortly

Old 07-17-2016, 03:25 PM   #9
TOMMYTRADIX
how do you post photos?

Old 07-17-2016, 03:29 PM   #10
TOMMYTRADIX
here are screen shots
Attached Images

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!