Ebay - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > General Interest Forums > General BS forum

Notices

General BS forum I guess anything is fair game in here. Just watch the subject matter doesn't get carried away too much.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 07-15-2006, 06:46 AM   #1
Lucille
Ebay

I love Ebay. I can shop whenever I want to, and they have an amazing array of stuff for sale.
For being such a huge company in such a relatively small period of time, they are doing well in customer service.
I was recently looking for a stereo receiver and found just what I wanted at an amazingly reasonable price. The ad, purporting to be in the US and to take Paypal, required an email inquiry 'for shipping purposes' be made prior to bidding.
I emailed and found that unlike what the ad said, the item was coming from outside the US and the vendor would not take Paypal but rather wanted one of those Western Union wired money deals. That didn't sound right to me.
I reported the ad and it was immediately pulled and I'm sure the vendor had some explaining to do

Now that Ebay and Paypal are so closely linked, I can buy all sorts of stuff easily. I've bought food for my critters, sterling silver for me, cute teddy bears to decorate the living room, books to read, all kinds of items.

I have heard and seen some weirdness in the form of unusual items for sale and that only adds to the cachet. In addition, it is interesting sometimes to see the outrageous prices paid in bidding wars.

Have any of y'all had any notable experiences or seen anything unusual on Ebay?