Now they are doing it with dogs!!!!! - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > General Interest Forums > SOUND OFF!!!

Notices

SOUND OFF!!! Ever have something REALLY bugging you and nowhere to vent about it? Well, this is the place. It does not have to be fauna oriented at all! Get it off your chest right here.

Old 11-29-2008, 11:09 PM   #1
SPJ
Now they are doing it with dogs!!!!!

Damn scammers.
Now they are pulling the scam with dogs.
The only thing I can think of for how this idiot got my email is from me replying to some rescues since we are looking to adopt another dog.

Here is the email I got yesterday.
Quote:
Subject: dark tan Female yorkie for adoption
To:
Date: Friday, November 28, 2008, 5:51 PM

hello,
My names is collin oakley. I Have a beautiful Yorkshire Terrier who is in need of a good home. If you are interested i can send you some pictures of the Yorkshire Terrier as well as any papers i have regarding her shots etc if Can Adopt her let me know .Hope to hear from you soon!
collin oakley
Here is my reponse.
Quote:
How did you get my email regarding this?I would be interested but this is a bit of a surprise to come "out of the blue".
His reply. Notice he ignores my question and just put in an attachment as the reply. My guess is he never read my reply just cut and pasted this BS solicitation. Now he is also Rev. Collin Oakley.
Quote:
5 LBS
AKC FEMALE YORKIE PUP REGISTER.
CHAMPION BLOODLINES STUD: Yes
YORKIE DOODLES PISTOL PETE 3 1/2 LBS 7
ALL SHOT COMPLETED :yes
SHE IS 15 WEEKS OLD SHE WILL GO HOME WITH ALL HER CURRENT VACC. AND WORMING SHE CAN BE SHIPPED AT EXPENSE FOR APPROX. $28-----Inline Attachment Follows-----

Hello
Thanks for your interest in my pet. The York Shire Terrier (puppy) is still very much available adoption. Katti is a tiny registered Yorkshire terrier puppy.She is as beautiful as you can get,she has a cute little teddy bear face and a soft non shedding hair coat.If you are looking for a little buddy to take with you everywhere you go,then here she is.She has a wonderful personality and loves to cuddle AKC registered ADORABLE and SOCIABLE with GREAT Personalities and very good bloodlines.She is also very healthy and current on her puppy vaccinations. a nice crate and health certificate. more so ever i want you to know that i am in Western African now on my Christian mission along with my Wife and the puppy .after a while i notice that the Western African weather is not good for the puppy and i have not been able to take good care of her the way i always do because of my job.i need someone to adopt her and take care of her in the right way as i have always done for her.

AKC FEMALE YORKIE PUP1/2 LBS.)
CHAMPIONS SHE WILL WEIGH APPROX. 3 1/2 TO 0 back to usa
if you can afford that. please kindly Get Back To Me With The Informations Below If You Are Interested her so that arrangement can be made when i am not in church for the delivery to the information that you will provide for me :

Full Name:
Contact Address:
Nearest Airport:
Contact Phone Number:
nearest airport or would you prefer the baby to deliver to your door-step?
name on the Tag:katti
Let me know if you would like some puppy grooming and feeding guide magazines so that I can include them in the shipping. await to read from you if interested in the yorkie May God Be With You
Rev Collin Oakley
I HATE these scumbags. Do these people really think I am going to give out this information or much less deal with someone out of the blue from Africa?
Get real. Find someone else to scam.

Old 11-30-2008, 02:43 AM   #2
Uroboros
I was advertising an RC airplane I have (still have......) on craigslist and I got an email from someone interested in my 'item' and wanted to know if the 'item' was still available.

Naively, I responded YES.

They were very happy that my 'item' was still available and wanted to make some really wonkey payment arraingements.

Good thing I live in Nigeria. I think it's the guy down the street.

Old 11-30-2008, 07:42 AM   #3
Lucille
Yorkies are hot dogs right now and yorkie scams are everywhere. Even the dog classifieds of newspapers will have ads for free yorkies as long as one pays shipping (from another country of course).

What is sad to me is that because there are so many of these ads, you know that some of them must be working.

I can just see some little old lady yearning for a $1,000 yorkie and sending $200 of her savings to a scammer, expecting a puppy shipped to her. And many of the ads have heartbreakingly cute pictures and descriptions of puppies. Right now, yorkies, Maltese, and English bulldogs seem to be topping the scammer's lists.

Old 11-30-2008, 08:02 AM   #4
norsmis
This isnt new Steve. Back in 05 when I was stationed in Hawaii, my neighbor fell victim to a scammer on her American bulldog she had posted online. It was the typical Nigerian scam. He sent her a fake money order for $3000 as she was asking $1000 for her dog. She was naive and tried to cash it and was arrested for it. Her husband told me what happened and I explained to him about Nigerian scammers but unfortunately his wife took the fall because she is the one who tried to cash the fake money order.....

Old 12-05-2008, 07:10 PM   #5
Ed Clark
Quote:
Originally Posted by lucille View Post
Yorkies are hot dogs

NO
NO NO
NO NO NO

Dachshunds are hot dogs!!

Old 12-05-2008, 09:24 PM   #6
texasnewbie
I get these all the time about my cats.

Some are really convincing and I've replied to the initial email but the second email from them is usually a standard Nigerian scammer response.

Old 12-07-2008, 05:05 PM   #7
Lucille
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ed Clark View Post
NO
NO NO
NO NO NO

Dachshunds are hot dogs!!
That's funny.

Old 07-24-2015, 01:26 PM   #8
ONE18
Yorkie puppy

Hello I ve been trying to find a yorkie puppy and everyone I came across was a scam can any body tell me where I can get one for cheap please help im also looking for sugar gliderss.

Old 07-24-2015, 05:24 PM   #9
AbsoluteApril
You should post a wanted ad in the classifieds mammal section, it's free to do so.
Here's a link to the correct spot
http://www.faunaclassifieds.com/foru...splay.php?f=16

Also, you'll be receiving a PM about your full name needing to be listed.

Old 07-24-2015, 06:33 PM   #10
Mistyck
Quote:
Originally Posted by ONE18 View Post
Hello I ve been trying to find a yorkie puppy and everyone I came across was a scam can any body tell me where I can get one for cheap please help im also looking for sugar gliderss.
Yikes...
Attached Images

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!