Miserable people - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > General Interest Forums > SOUND OFF!!!

Notices

SOUND OFF!!! Ever have something REALLY bugging you and nowhere to vent about it? Well, this is the place. It does not have to be fauna oriented at all! Get it off your chest right here.

Old 12-23-2015, 08:28 PM   #1
CraftingDreams
Angry Miserable people

Why is it that people who work retail, can not get it through their head, that us Last minutes shoppers, are the ones who give you work so you can have money for Christmas? (ok, or to catch up on bills you didn't pay so you could buy gifts)..

My husband was out of work, so we have been playing catch up with EVERYTHING... the way we budgeted, we couldn't really spend until this week, so last week we took $10 and put stuff on layaway. Then all we have to do is pick it up a day or two before Christmas when his pay hit. Im standing in line, and one of the workers standing by the layaway window (NOT in a back room) is voicing his opinion on all these "stupid" last minute shoppers who make him SOOOO miserable.

Wow... I don't know why I was hurt at this. I mean, if it wasn't for these last minute shoppers, who filled Kmart tonight, causing them to even NEED his bogus butt to come to work, then he would be sitting at home because they were over staffed. My apologies to the lazy cart pusher who made sure everyone heard what he said.

I use to work retail, and I get it. Its not easy during this time of year. People are miserable, they are in a rush, and they have no tolerance for error. Sometimes the best thing to do is make eye contact and smile.. The customer could have been caught in this horrible traffic, and might just need the extra kindness to take the edge off. Not some jackwagon making them feel worse. Isnt it enough that the lines are at the least a 1 hour wait for layaway? Or how about when you put stuff on layaway and they lose half of the items? (that's always fun)..

*smh* I just cant wait for this to be over... I am usually a pretty up beat person, but stuff like this really gets to me. I wont even go in a Walmart during Christmas "rush"... you can forget it.

Old 12-23-2015, 08:35 PM   #2
Lucille
I agree, what he said was mean and inappropriate.
Perhaps something happened to him and he too might need some extra kindness.
The reason, for the season.
I'm sorry you have had all these aggravations and that your DH was out of work. That's a lot of stress.
I hope the new year brings you peace and prosperity.

Old 12-23-2015, 10:27 PM   #3
CraftingDreams
Very possible... and because he was not there by the time I was done, I took my cart back up when I was done.. he wouldn't have had to go pull it from the back of the parking lot in the rain. Might not make much of a difference, but well.. its about all I could do as a gesture.

As far as him being out of work, its life, and we expect the unexpected.. It is what it is.. yes it makes things a bit more difficult, but things came through.. and I had enough to put a dep on my Crested.. which changed things up for me tonight.. Im so much happier now..

I hope you have a wonderful Christmas and Happy and safe New Year.. lets hope its much better then this last..

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucille View Post
I agree, what he said was mean and inappropriate.
Perhaps something happened to him and he too might need some extra kindness.
The reason, for the season.
I'm sorry you have had all these aggravations and that your DH was out of work. That's a lot of stress.
I hope the new year brings you peace and prosperity.

Old 12-24-2015, 10:18 AM   #4
chrisis697
Tiss the season lisa.
I agree there is definitely some ppl worken in retail that clearly dont belong there. Three simple things to have when working with the public.
1. Communication skills
2. Small sense of humor
3. COMMON SENSE
Have a great holiday everyone!! Merry Christmas

Old 12-25-2015, 04:37 PM   #5
JColt
That works both ways though. My wife works retail and some of the crap she puts up with is nothing short of amazing. Reason I never worked retail. Guaranteed someone would get throat punched.

Old 12-29-2015, 10:03 PM   #6
Helenthereef
One of the best rejoinders I've ever heard to a snotty "service" professional, and one I long to have the balls to use, comes from the Scottish comedian Billy Connolly - "Get a job YOU LIKE!!!!"

Old 12-30-2015, 01:13 AM   #7
Mistyck
Quote:
Originally Posted by JColt View Post
That works both ways though. My wife works retail and some of the crap she puts up with is nothing short of amazing. Reason I never worked retail. Guaranteed someone would get throat punched.
YES! I've worked retail during the holidays. And it made me totally HATE people. People are bitchier to retail workers during the holidays, (I have no clue why, but they are! I've seen it first-hand.) It's not the retail workers fault if lines are slow (the computers bog down because of so much activity and a lot of things are going on all at once that during normal times wouldn't cause such a stink) and because those lines are slow it makes customers even bitchier, and after having so many bitchy customers, it makes retail workers bitchy too. I understand that being a retail worker entails that you take a lot of flack, but it doesn't mean that all customers can unleash all their crap on the retail workers to deal with. So if a retail worker gets bitchy during the holidays, then maybe that has something to do with customers (and their job in general during that time.)

While he shouldn't have verbalized what he was thinking (especially with customers there,) he did have a right to do so. And if you think he's just being miserable, then that's your right. I'm going to guess it was a culmination of the holidays, work stress and being unloaded on by customers. Still he should have just kept his mouth shut. (Though I know I've made the stink eye enough times that me keeping my mouth shut probably wouldn't have helped either. lol)

And I will say that I've been pretty grumpy this holiday season, but I make damn sure I don't unload on the retail worker (or other shoppers; unless they're rude, then I'm just snarky.) What goes on in my little world is my own and no one needs to know about my crap but me. But after so much crap I do have a hard time going out of my way to be "kind" to people. So I'd rather not say anything and just be done and gone when I'm out. If people take that as being rude, then so be it. But it's better than me ACTUALLY being rude.

Old 12-30-2015, 01:14 AM   #8
Mistyck
Quote:
Originally Posted by Helenthereef View Post
One of the best rejoinders I've ever heard to a snotty "service" professional, and one I long to have the balls to use, comes from the Scottish comedian Billy Connolly - "Get a job YOU LIKE!!!!"
I love Billy. He's hilarious. But if I got a job I actually liked doing; I wouldn't get paid. lol

Old 12-30-2015, 03:10 AM   #9
LauraB
I can add nothing except love Billy Connolly, as a comedian and musician

Oh, and bah humbug

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!