Anyone else come across this? - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Snake Discussion Forums > Kingsnakes & Milksnakes Discussion Forum

Notices

Old 01-15-2005, 08:45 AM   #1
DAND
Question Anyone else come across this?

About 1/3 of the two clutches were solid bellied like this. The mother has a good portion of this solid belly pattern, the father nothing like it. The two prior seasons there were some partial but there weren't any solid belly patterns. Same parents, but this past season the partial to complete solid belly pattern is becoming more pronounced. Any ideas, input or similar instances?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg cal.jpg (107.5 KB, 105 views)

Old 01-15-2005, 10:45 AM   #2
Wilomn
I had several white bellies this year. I kept a few back to see what happens when I breed them together. I get more white bellies than black but I do get those too. Hopefully there will be some cool stuff associated with the lack of pattern on their bellies.

Until this year I had always had one or two that I noticed but this past breeding season I had a lot of them. It's pretty cool.

Old 01-15-2005, 05:24 PM   #3
DAND
I've kept all the solid bellied patterned ones back to see what they'd do when bred together.

Old 01-16-2005, 12:04 AM   #4
AcesKings
Like Wilomn, I have a white bellied one, from her chin to her vent. I guess the closest I'd have to solid brown, would be my albino snow, who's belly is still on the pink side, with no yellow or white breaking it up. Meaning if she was a normal, it would be a solid black/brown too. She's an albino "nitida" and is supposed to be on the melanistic side though. What's the rest of the snake look like?

Old 01-16-2005, 03:03 AM   #5
DAND
Quote:
Originally Posted by AcesKings
What's the rest of the snake look like?
They vary. Some are almost full striped like the mother. While the other ones have rather aberrant patterns.

Old 01-16-2005, 06:56 AM   #6
DAND
A few more pics

Some pics of the various patterns.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Cal 1.jpg (163.9 KB, 46 views)
File Type: jpg Cal 2.jpg (165.0 KB, 45 views)
File Type: jpg Cal 3.jpg (149.8 KB, 32 views)

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!