Info *BEWARE* Jim Stelpflug-Questionable Ethics - Page 3 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 04-20-2017, 05:18 PM   #21
Snakesatsunset
Does no one read anymore? Jim got the snakes from Manny because Manny owed them to him for a while. Manny finally came through with his end of the deal. Jim is just happy that he finally got them. There are no time frames, this could be a deal from 12 years ago for all you know. Stop ASSuming.

As for "secret" groups that is usually for spammers NOT to infiltrate and put up a million ads for ray ban sunglasses. Many many groups are secret. They are also secret due to the fact that there are only a few admins to look after it, so they cap it off at a certain number of members. Many groups are for people on a different level in the hobby. I sure wouldnt want a bunch of newbies blowing up a group of professionals. There are OTHER groups for that. This isnt public domain. They are private groups for people who want to be in the group. There is no RIGHT TO BE IN a group.
You are taking "secret" way to far lmao.
Now besides "Secret" groups that have nothing to do with Jims character, I am sure there are hundreds if not more that attest to his character as a great person, honest, and completely bend over for you backwards if he wasnt even doing business with you. I have seen it in person. They may or may not post, as they probably think as me that this thread on such a cool dude is "insert here politically incorrect wording" - but they are there by the droves.
ASSuming someone loves dealing with a known bad character is not very intelligent. Now asking him like a man, not some internet troll via PM, hey are you and Manny buddies? do you sell alot of his snakes? Do you support Manny? Do you flip Mannys animals? You know asking , instead of ASSuming, is kind of the normal correct thing to do.
I know for a fact based on Jims character that he would avoid Manny like the plague....unless Manny owed him money for a deal from awhile ago.

For anyone that can see through the salem witch hunt, Jim is probably the MOST honest guy in the industry. Many many can attest to that.

Old 04-20-2017, 06:06 PM   #22
Chris Kennard
Hopefully, Jim, whatever animals you got from Frade are properly represented in case you sell them. I'd hate to buy something misrepresented only to find out I would have to seek resolution from Manny.

Old 04-20-2017, 08:57 PM   #23
Jim@SW
I fully agree. I have all visual animals from him. All seem to be in great health, and all were sexed properly as well. Maybe it is a sign of good things in the future as well

Old 04-20-2017, 09:19 PM   #24
Fangthane
Quote:
Originally Posted by SW reptiles View Post
Dan witch hunt
I'm involved in a "witch hunt" against someone I never knew existed; in support of someone with whom I have absolutely no relationship. Riiiiggghht. An entirely well-considered conclusion, with no emotional knee-jerks involved, I'm sure.

The more you talk, the more interested I am in knowing the answers to the questions David asked you about this deal that went wrong. Hard to trust uncorroborated statements from someone who's shown a willingness to put forth the most self-serving interpretation of events.

Old 04-20-2017, 10:05 PM   #25
DavidBeard
Notice how Jim conveniently avoided and completely ignored my questions about his assertions?

Jim, in case you missed it the first time: why would you offer your own animal in trade for an animal in your possession that allegedly belonged to someone else? Can Brock Wagner corroborate your claims? Surely he can since you named him in one of your previous posts. Oddly enough, the person who bought the supposed Spectre from you mentioned none of this.....could it be that you did not make this situation aware to them? I would think someone with 35 years of experience could tell the difference between a $50 Yellowbelly and a Spectre, is that not correct?

Old 04-20-2017, 10:09 PM   #26
DavidBeard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Snakesatsunset View Post
Does no one read anymore? Jim got the snakes from Manny because Manny owed them to him for a while. Manny finally came through with his end of the deal. Jim is just happy that he finally got them. There are no time frames, this could be a deal from 12 years ago for all you know. Stop ASSuming.

As for "secret" groups that is usually for spammers NOT to infiltrate and put up a million ads for ray ban sunglasses. Many many groups are secret. They are also secret due to the fact that there are only a few admins to look after it, so they cap it off at a certain number of members. Many groups are for people on a different level in the hobby. I sure wouldnt want a bunch of newbies blowing up a group of professionals. There are OTHER groups for that. This isnt public domain. They are private groups for people who want to be in the group. There is no RIGHT TO BE IN a group.
You are taking "secret" way to far lmao.
Now besides "Secret" groups that have nothing to do with Jims character, I am sure there are hundreds if not more that attest to his character as a great person, honest, and completely bend over for you backwards if he wasnt even doing business with you. I have seen it in person. They may or may not post, as they probably think as me that this thread on such a cool dude is "insert here politically incorrect wording" - but they are there by the droves.
ASSuming someone loves dealing with a known bad character is not very intelligent. Now asking him like a man, not some internet troll via PM, hey are you and Manny buddies? do you sell alot of his snakes? Do you support Manny? Do you flip Mannys animals? You know asking , instead of ASSuming, is kind of the normal correct thing to do.
I know for a fact based on Jims character that he would avoid Manny like the plague....unless Manny owed him money for a deal from awhile ago.

For anyone that can see through the salem witch hunt, Jim is probably the MOST honest guy in the industry. Many many can attest to that.
For someone asking if people read anymore, you sure did miss some integral parts to this conversation.

I *DID* ask about the animals on Jim's post, and he simply deleted the inquiries and de-friended me. That seemed a rather odd reaction to my posts, and low and behold.....I smelled fish and found some Tuna.

I'm well aware of how the term "secret" applies to Facebook groups, so unless you're explaining this for Jim's sake then you're preaching to the choir. The group I mentioned is literally listed a secret group on its description, and I was merely explaining this because anyone not in the group will not be able to pull it up in a search function on FB, and I did not want anyone confused or thinking it did not exist.

Old 04-20-2017, 10:57 PM   #27
Snake-Queen
David, you are making too much of Jim receiving some boas from Frade. The boas were payment from a PAST debt.

I bought a wonderful BP from Jim & she is beautiful and healthy. That is what matters to me.

Would I buy from Frade? No. Many people still do & most transactions go well, unless (it seems) they are high dollar transactions. If you avoided doing business with people who buy/sell/trade with the undesirable, you would be very limited in options.
Sometimes, business is just business ... to call someone out because of a past debt that was owed to him is wrong.

I cant speak of the other deal, I've not read the thread.

Old 04-20-2017, 11:28 PM   #28
tlmoon
I’m trying to decide what to think of this thread…Manny Frade is by all accounts a scammer and person to be avoided. So I would wonder about anyone who does business deals with him and defends him by blocking posts regarding his past deeds.
On the other hand though, how far do we take guilt by association? If Jim got some animals that he was due from a past deal, I don’t see how that makes him a close associate or supporter of Manny. There is another thread where Manny owes someone on a breeding loan. If he now makes good on that and delivers on what he owes to that person, does that person then become questionable because they finally collected on that debt? I think not.
I think the real issue here is this: by tagging Manny and then defending him by removing David’s posts, it looks like Jim was supporting Manny. That may not have been his goal – maybe he just didn’t want the FB group descending into a dramatic argument about Manny. Maybe he was annoyed by David calling him out on it, and instead of saying “yeah, David, I know he’s a bad guy but he owed me some snakes and I didn’t want a whole FB war so I deleted your posts ” he basically said that Manny’s issues are his own and who he associates with is his own business. Maybe he is owed further animals and is trying to keep Manny cooperative and holding up his end of the deal? Or he may have just been somewhat offended – you did come on pretty strong there, David. Maybe by arguing back with you, he was more defending himself than Manny? None of us are at our best when we feel attacked.
I guess I’m on the fence. It’s good information to know in order to avoid associating with associates of scammers, but I don’t see enough evidence to say Jim is a buddy of Manny’s.

Old 04-20-2017, 11:51 PM   #29
DLenaRuth999s
How does any of this warrant a BOI thread? It doesn't meet the criteria...

Old 04-21-2017, 12:20 AM   #30
DavidBeard
If it was just ONE criminal he was knowingly doing business with and promoting their sordid behavior, it would be one thing. Jim flippantly replied that he does business with several known criminals and thinks its fine....I'm really having a hard time believing that people don't see the point I'm trying to make here. If you keep feeding the bottom dwellers of the hobby, you are opening others up to a potential scam/rip-off/bad transaction.

Theres an old quote about "the only thing evil needs to thrive is for good men to do nothing" or something to that effect.....I think that absolutely applies here, and people who do business with Jim should know that he has no problem associating with and buying from criminals, and therefore could possibly be open to stiffing customers in the future, just like he did the person who traded for the Spectre.

His stories don't line up with the testimony of his displeased customer, and he is avoiding admonishing himself by ignoring the questions put forth to him.

Just because someone has 100 good deals, does not diminish the one bad deal that occurs. Its not about what you do when everything is going well....its how you handle things when they go bad.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!