Bad Guy BEWARE of Evans Snakes - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 06-08-2009, 10:03 PM   #1
jim scharphorn
Thumbs down BEWARE of Evans Snakes

I am Jim Scharphorn owner of PVC Cages.

About 2 years ago I made a trade deal with evans snakes.
I sent him I think 14 baby 66% het albino babies for a 100% het piebald female.
When he got the babies from me he said one of them had a tummer or something like that on its mouth, I said thats weird I never seen it and said let me know or he said he would let me know what happens, well I never heard anything about it again.

Something happened on his end with the trade female I think it did not take off well so he could not ship.
So I was fine with that.
Then the follwing year something else happened and I do not recall what it was or it was a late hatch and by then it was winter so he could not ship.
He then said he would send me a un related pair for the delay.
Well I allways had to contact him about every 3 months because he would not contact me even though I asked him to keep me posted.
Well about 3 months ago he asked me if I was going to a certain show and he could bring the snakes and I said sorry but no.
Supposibly he ask me for my address at that time as well but I do not recall that but it did not matter anyway at that time because it was still too cold to ship.
Well sometime around that time he said to me that he had a freind that wanted cages and tried telling me what he wanted and for me to call him.
I said I was too busy and I was.

Well now it is time to ship so I caontacted him again and all I get out of him is BS .
I will try and list all emails.

Here is the email were he claims he ask me for my address.
( Hey Jim, are you going to be in the area anytime soon? Kalamazoo show? Or do you want me to ship to you? I guess you never called that friend of mine with the pet shop looking for a rack unit? He wants something like that $600 pick up only unit on your site. Do you have 2 of those available? Evan )

Well after many months/years with some communication I finally ask this

To: EVANSNAKES@aol.com
Sent: Wed, 3 Jun 2009 10:14 pm
Subject: 100% piebalds

Hey, Man those snakes should be about the size to breed now,
When are you going to ship ?
Thanks,
Jim Scharphorn

To: pvccages@charter.net
Sent: Thursday, June 04, 2009 5:15 AM
Subject: Re: 100% piebalds
I have emailed and asked you several time about shipping and your address and you have never given me ino.

My response..........
Please let me know when you plan on shipping so someone can be here.
Jim Scharphorn
12390 136th Ave.
Grand Haven, MI 49417
616-850-0432
Thanks,
Jim Scharphorn

No response from him so 2 day's later I email again.

-----Original Message-----
To: evansnakes@aol.com
Sent: Sat, 6 Jun 2009 8:16 pm

What exactly are you shipping me and when ?
I will be haveing pics taked of the pair and shown to others to ask about the markings to make sure they are hets.
I never got any other emails.

Thanks,
Jim Scharphorn

----- Original Message -----
Sent: Saturday, June 06, 2009 8:50 PM

is that a threat? why are you telling me that. you did get my emails because you replied to them I aske dyou if you wouyld or could go to the kalamazoo show to pick them up and if not if I could ship them. you just responded that you do not do shows. I emailed and asked about the big unit for a friend of mines pet shop and that he wanted to buy several if you called him and I would get the snakes to you when we hookied up on trhe cages. You responded you could not be botherd to call him. I then told you I wanted to ship to you and said that was allright but never gave me shipping information when I asked you just told me what city you lived in.

Sent: Sun, 7 Jun 2009 12:09 pm

P.S.
The deal with your freind.
I did not take the time to contact him because I do not do he said she said deals.
If the guy wanted cages HE would have contacted me, seeing he did not I felt he was not serious enough.
Thanks,
Jim Scharphorn

Sent: Sunday, June 07, 2009 2:33 PM

he is a very large, very high volume pet store and is going to spend several thousand dollars to set up his reptiles. if you do not want the money, I do not care. I was trying to do something for you since it worked well having you here in michigan, instead of appreciating it you have complained about it so I am sorry I ever mentioned it.

Sent: Sun, 7 Jun 2009 5:00 pm

Again I ask, So what and when are you shipping.
Thanks,
Jim Scharphorn

Sent: Monday, June 08, 2009 9:44 AM

when do you want me to ship? are you joking? what am I shipping? you don't know already?

Sent: Mon, 8 Jun 2009 5:47 pm

I do know, I just want you to verify so when I open the box their is no misunderstanding, better safe then sorry.
What and when are you shipping. ?????????????????????????????????????
Your the most difficult person I ever dealt with.
Dang near 2 years to resolve this to boot.
Thanks,
Jim Scharphorn

Sent: Monday, June 08, 2009 8:43 PM

That's funny, I was thinking that I could not believe that when I tried to give you a couple thousand dollars worth of business with one of my best customers without asking anything in return and you were so lousy about it, that you were one of the biggest assholes I have ever dealt with. And I was thrilled when you sent me a boa with a huge tumor on its jaw that you said you did not notice. Like I said, I have asked for your info and wether or not you wanted the animals shipped on many occasions as I have listed off to you and you have been nothing but difficult every time until just now. When do you want the snakes shipped. I want to be done with you.

Sent: Mon, 8 Jun 2009 9:07 pm

You got my address twice over the weekend.
Tell me what your shipping and when
I will let you know if I will be here.
Thanks,
Jim Scharphorn

His repsonse

Now you are threatening me with fauna? What a class act. "He said, she said" what are you 12 years old? I was giving you a couple thousand dollars in business for no reason other than I felt like it and you were somewhat local and not only could you not even acknowledge it or say thank you, but you could not be bothered to make a phone call. So call it what it is. You being lazy? You being dumb? How about the boa with the giant tumor on its face? Are you going to mention that on fauna too?

I have not replyied to this last one
But then he sent this one.

I'm done. I'll ship when I have time. Ups will notify you. Don't talk to me again.

Long story this cat owes me, I had to always ask about the snakes.
He now will not just verify what he is shipping.
He keeps running his mouth about this cage deal for his so called freind.
If his freind needed cages I have a #.

I keep asking what and when will you be shipping and he will not answer.
But now he will ship when he has time and ups will notify me,
Well what if I cannot be here.
This dude needs a boot in the a--

Also now today he finally brings up this huge tummer after 2 years, I think he is full of BS !!!!

Old 06-08-2009, 10:52 PM   #2
JunglePaul
Sorry to hear this, I've always found Evan to be a nice guy to deal with. But to just ship snakes and THEN notify you with a UPS tracking number is EXTREMELY irresponsible and cruel to the animals should you not be available for their delivery. I hope Evan changes his mind about doing that.

Hope everything works out!

Paul Snyder

Old 06-08-2009, 10:59 PM   #3
Mooing Tricycle
Is Evan notified that this thread is in fact here?

Old 06-09-2009, 12:25 AM   #4
Mister Internet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mooing Tricycle View Post
Is Evan notified that this thread is in fact here?
I'm pretty sure he got banned a few months back...

Old 06-09-2009, 12:47 AM   #5
Mooing Tricycle
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mister Internet View Post
I'm pretty sure he got banned a few months back...
ah well that kinda limits things eh?

Old 06-09-2009, 01:15 AM   #6
Uroboros
I know of a few "Evan"s what is his full name?

(off topic, what is a "tummer"?)

Old 06-09-2009, 03:10 AM   #7
Seamus Haley
Quote:
Originally Posted by jim scharphorn View Post
Something happened on his end with the trade female I think it did not take off well so he could not ship.
Quote:
Then the follwing year something else happened and I do not recall what it was
Quote:
Supposibly he ask me for my address at that time as well but I do not recall
That's an awful lot of memory loss.

Quote:
When he got the babies from me he said one of them had a tummer or something like that on its mouth
Quote:
Also now today he finally brings up this huge tummer after 2 years, I think he is full of BS !!!!
If he brought it up when they were shipped, it probably wasn't BS.

Evan Stahl (of Evans Snakes) isn't my favorite guy in the world. Stick two know-it-all egomaniacs on the same message board and they're going to rub one another the wrong way... Evan can also be hot headed and holds grudges... But I do not believe he's ever been shown to be dishonest. He's not a thief and he's not a liar- as far as I know.

Jim Scharphorn on the other hand... well, anyone caring to punch his last name into the search engine here will see a rather different story. Mixed in with the good guy threads and the praise are more than a couple incidents where Jim has lied, where he's supported scumbags and thieves and the rather enlightening incident(s) that surround Jim's own banning(s!).

Evan earned his ban by taking a swing at Rich... I kinda doubt he'll be back to defend himself.

Jim's story has holes that a person could drive a truck through, apparently as a result of Jim's on-and-off amnesia. "Something happened, I don't remember what" is simply not enough to condemn anyone on.

I also hope that Evan doesn't go through with randomly shipping, the threat to do so is kinda classic Evan temper tantrum but- as difficult as his personality can be- I doubt he'd actually endanger an animal.

I'm not sure exactly what happened between these two... but I know for damn sure that I haven't seen both sides of the story. Or even a complete side from Jim given all his problems recollecting the events. I've got this suspicion that there might be some important pieces in those areas that Jim is suffering from memory blackouts about though.

Old 06-09-2009, 06:15 AM   #8
jim scharphorn
Saying that on other threads I have supported scumbags and lied and such is what you may believe, I do not recall those dealings to perfection as well but I was jumped on in those threads, I do not think I lied, it is just what you or those folks choose to believe. but if you would like to bring up the old stuff in those threads we can try and figure it out.

Sorry I do not recall a year ago events.
The first animal did not take off right so we did not make that trade, the second year I think the snake was a late hatch by then too cold to ship.
Now is time to ship.
All I did was ask when are you going to ship and what and he will not answer that question.
That is too bad he is banned, he does know it is here as I told him in this email.
Now he say's I am harrassing him, all I ask is what and when nothing more nothing less.

Their was nothing gone bad or any bad feelings over the past 2 years, I have been patient, I would have liked to see him contact me every now and then about them like I asked him to do but Owell.
But now I am asking him to ship and he has been nothing but difficult.

Sent: Mon, 8 Jun 2009 10:03 pm

Do not ship without verifiying I will be here.
I want to know what and when first.
P.S.
I am heading to fuana now, Not threat, it is a promise. see you there.
Thanks,
Jim Scharphorn
www.pvccages.com

Old 06-09-2009, 07:50 AM   #9
DAND
Quote:

Sent: Mon, 8 Jun 2009 9:07 pm

You got my address twice over the weekend.
Tell me what your shipping and when
I will let you know if I will be here.
Thanks,
Jim Scharphorn

His repsonse

Now you are threatening me with fauna? What a class act. "He said, she said" what are you 12 years old? I was giving you a couple thousand dollars in business for no reason other than I felt like it and you were somewhat local and not only could you not even acknowledge it or say thank you, but you could not be bothered to make a phone call. So call it what it is. You being lazy? You being dumb? How about the boa with the giant tumor on its face? Are you going to mention that on fauna too?
Well Jim's amnesia seems to be effecting the e-mails he has posted as well. Seems Evans reply is missing Jim's prior response. Evan is clearly responding to something jim said but what he is responding to has conveniently been left out. Leaving things out for some reason there Jim? Have the classic jim scharphorn mindless rantings been omitted? Censorship jim, shame, shame, shame.

Quote:
This dude needs a boot in the a--
Hello kettle, this is pot, you're black.

Quote:
Tumors are not a laughing matter but tummers are a different story.

All in all your post is questionable at best, but I'm sure reality differs greatly from the picture you are feebly attempting to paint for us.

Oh, if there is any doubt in your mind that jim has a screw or two loose re-read this if you missed it earlier:

Quote:
P.S.
The deal with your freind.
I did not take the time to contact him because I do not do he said she said deals.
If the guy wanted cages HE would have contacted me, seeing he did not I felt he was not serious enough.
Thanks,
Jim Scharphorn
I'm sorry, but who in their right mind would pass up a potential sale? A simple phone call is too much effort for you there jim? Hmmm, loss of memory and laziness sounds an awful lot like someone is spending too much time with his brother Herb.

Old 06-09-2009, 04:23 PM   #10
jim scharphorn
Dand D, No Censorship needed, if it was missed then sorry.
He responded to the email were I said I was going to post this here.
That email is posted above.
Nice to see people trying to jump my wagon..

As far as the cage business, You ask who in their right mind would pass up a pottental sale, well that is me !!!!!! I have been too busy, sorry you can not grasp that.
If I had the time I would consider it, but I need to sleep also.
I felt it was a shaddy deal from get go as Evan tried telling me what the guy needed.
The guy should have contacted me if he needed them not Evan, so for that reason I did not feel it was a ligit deal on top of it.
You seem to have the extra time on your hands why dont you call him.
I do not go to shows as well because I stay busy enough without the need to go to them so are you going to tell me I am lazy for that as well. ?

This so called tumor, I never seen it, I never seen pics, this is Evan claiming it had one.
Was it from the aniamal rubbing its mouth on the contanier it shipped in ?
Who Knows, did it really have one ? Did you see it ?

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!