Aiken Feeder Food INQUIRY - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 10-03-2006, 07:42 PM   #1
darkbloodwyvern
Aiken Feeder Food INQUIRY

http://www.kingsnake.com/aiken

Does anyone get frozen feeders from this supplier? do you recommend? I already bought some rats for my ball from another company, but I'd like to try out this place because they offer free shipping. If they are not reliable however, i will stick with what i got. thanks!

Old 10-04-2006, 09:15 AM   #2
OBES
Quote:
Originally Posted by darkbloodwyvern
http://www.kingsnake.com/aiken

Does anyone get frozen feeders from this supplier? do you recommend? I already bought some rats for my ball from another company, but I'd like to try out this place because they offer free shipping. If they are not reliable however, i will stick with what i got. thanks!

We have used Aiken Feeders for live, but we only live about an hour from them. Quality is always good. Jeremy is a great person.

Joann Johnson

Old 10-04-2006, 09:28 AM   #3
Cat_72
Jessi, if you acttually look at the prices, many of them are nearly double what someplace like Big Cheese charges......that's how they give you free shipping, you're still paying for it. Then there's a $10 packaging fee for orders under $75.

I can't comment on the quality as I have never done business with them, but you aren't really saving any money with their "free shipping".

Old 03-08-2007, 03:34 PM   #4
blucifer
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cat_72
Jessi, if you acttually look at the prices, many of them are nearly double what someplace like Big Cheese charges......that's how they give you free shipping, you're still paying for it. Then there's a $10 packaging fee for orders under $75.

I can't comment on the quality as I have never done business with them, but you aren't really saving any money with their "free shipping".
i think it depends where you live. the price quote big cheese just gave me was over a dollar more then aiken per small rat(on an order less then $75).

Old 03-08-2007, 08:10 PM   #5
hissnherps
Jeremy is a good guy. I have ordered from him,everything was nicely packaged,and they were good quality rodents. I would not hesitate to order from him again.

Old 03-09-2007, 06:44 PM   #6
Aikenfeederfood
Thanks for the kind works

Hello everyone, thanks for the kind words. I feel like I should say a few words on how our shipping works. When I set up shop I wanted to create a business that reflected my personal likes and dislikes. When I am shopping online I loath getting all the way to the end of the payment process only to find the shipping to be much more than I was willing to pay. I decided that anyone who wished to shop with me would have no surprises. Obliviously shipping does get paid. I regularly cut a check to DHL and Airgas and Kolboy Coolers. This money has to come from somewhere so I evaluated the operating cost and compared prices to ensure I was competitive then added in the average for the shipping being paid out. Indeed this in not a perfect system. Some customers will save with me and others will not. I tell all my customers that if they can find a deal cheaper elsewhere that they should jump on it, for those things are not meant to last. I welcome anyone to the business who wants to breed rodents. It is a hard job and there are not enough of us doing it. I believe that good customer service and a quality product will speak for itself.

Thanks again for all of your support. I wouldn't be here without all of you.

Jeremy Morris, Aiken Feeder Food

Old 03-09-2007, 07:41 PM   #7
NJ Serpents
Definitely use Aiken

Jeremy is a top notch guy. does exactly what he says he's going to do, and you get your feeders very quickly, not 2 weeks after you're order is placed. I would definitely recommend Aiken, I get all of my smaller items from them. Unfortunately, since they're a smaller outfit, they run out of their larger stuff quickly, or I'd use them for that too!

Old 01-08-2009, 12:00 PM   #8
viandy
Aiken Rodents, good by me!

I ordered from Aiken for the first time last Friday. My order arrived Wednesday, well packed and hard frozen. The ones I fed off last night were good quality, not frozen together. He wraps them in butcher paper, too, which I think is a nice touch. If someone looks in your freezer they won't see you have rodents very easily. I imagine this can be a big plus!
Andrew Via
Richmond, Virginia

Old 08-19-2009, 06:30 PM   #9
scottchromados
Great Frozen Rodents

Aiken Feeder Food had a sale going on that i noticed on KS and needing to stock up after a move i decided to give them a try. They went out of their way to ensure that they would get from SC to CO in 2 days and the product is great. The rats have great size to them and they are nicely packed in freezer paper what pleases the girlfriend. Also, while some dont like having the shipping included in i think it was great, you dont have to guess how much it will be at the end.

Scott Craddock

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!