Gino Sassani--Lost World Reptiles---Awesome!! - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 12-12-2004, 10:03 PM   #1
Joejr14
Thumbs up Gino Sassani--Lost World Reptiles---Awesome!!

Attended the Tallahassee Reptile Expo Saturday morning and got some more stuff from Gino, and again, I'm totally pleased.

Last October (2003) I got just a pair of corns (snow and amel) from him and they've done wonderful. Never refused a meal, not even while in blue phase, and never had a problem with them in general.

When I saw that the Expo was coming back in December I emailed Gino (this was a few months ago to see if he was coming and what his stock was going to be) and again he was great. Totally willing to answer any and all of my questions and his responses were always very prompt. We exchanged a few emails between October-December and I introduced myself to him at the Expo. I told him in an early e-mail that I was interested in a Cal King and asked what he had---he said he was very limited but he'd hold me one until at least Noon. I was there when it opened, but nevertheless it was a great gesture.

I was the first person up to his table and we just BS'd for a good 15-20mins as I was picking out my snakes. He said that he's finally going to start selling online next year, so I figured I'd go ahead and post this here for some future reference. He's a great guy, absolutely beautiful snakes and some killer prices. I walked out of there with a gorgeous normal, anery and motley corn and a cal king for $75. While the expo's vendor numbers were way down compared to the show last year, I browsed after hitting Gino's table up and he had the best prices in the place. He also threw in a bag of aspen for free.

He said he'll be updating his website in the spring and getting everything geared up for the online selling and such. Just wanted to give him a little recognition for a job very well done. I couldn't be happier! (www.lwrepties.com)

Old 12-12-2004, 11:52 PM   #2
Neil Gubitz
Joe.... I absolutely agree with you.... Gino lives about 15 minutes from me and I've been to his house a number of times and I've seen his breeders first-hand.... they are outstanding!!.... So nice, in fact, that I now sell all his (rarer) babies, and un-needed breeders, FOR him, until he gets his site updated in the Spring.... I won't do that for just anyone.... I have to KNOW that they are worthy of MY site.... and his animals fit the bill perfectly!.... He takes such good care of them it's scary!!.... Even Ellen (his wife) doesn't see him unless she goes into the "snake garage".... lol

On top of that, he's just a great guy with a LOT of knowledge about his "product".... he will talk your ear off, and all you have to do is ask him ONE question.... ANY question!!.... After all, he IS Italian.... lol
All in all, you can't do better for your money than in dealing with Gino....

Hey Gino.... get those meatballs ready.... I'm starved!!.... lol

Neil

Old 12-13-2004, 03:20 PM   #3
Joejr14
That all sounds about right. It was great how he was just willing to sit there and talk about a variety of things. The pleasures of doing business with a relatively small breeder .

I honestly wish that he had more a selection. Maybe next year when he gets the online sales going. I really wanted an Amber/Caramel and unfortunately there wasn't really much of a selection there. Oh well though.

Old 12-13-2004, 03:31 PM   #4
Gino
Thanks Guys,
Joe, your comments make all the hard work worthwhile.
It was wonderful spending time with you in Tally.
Thank You for your business.
I like to give the time you mention. If it had not been for the generosity of breeders like Bill and Kathy Love I wouldn't have what I have. They were very well known and did not have to spend the time with an unknown hobbiest.
They are not only fine breeders but outstanding people.
I believe it is my duty to do no less for others
As for more stuff... we try to add a new project or two every year.
This way we can really make sure it's well started before looking at something else.
Next year we'll have a variety of white-side and brindle black rats as well as creamcycle, pastel, and Miami Phase corns.

As for Neil, it has been a great ride dealing with him. They'll always be snakes for Neil when he needs them for his clients. He doesn't miss much (as long as it's smaller than a 7-11). I trust him 100%

Again, thank you both for the kind words and back at you.

Gino
Lost World Reptiles

Old 12-13-2004, 03:36 PM   #5
Gino
Just an update.
Thanks for posting the web address but you did not spell it correctly so the link won't work.
I am grateful for the gesture.
Here is the right one: www.lwreptiles.com

Thanks Again,
Gino
Lost World Reptiles

Old 12-13-2004, 05:55 PM   #6
KathyLove
I hope you do keep adding more "flavors" Gino...

When I have run out of some types and offered my customers the ones I got from you instead (after explaining those facts to them), they have all been very pleased with the quality of your babies. And your prices are great! You just don't have everything I need yet - So keep up the good work!

Old 12-13-2004, 06:34 PM   #7
Joejr14
Hah, I guess it's pretty poor that I couldn't seem to spell the 'reptiles' part correctly. Eeks.

I'll definitely be in contact with you in a few months when hatchling time gets closer. It's already paining me that I dont even get to see the corns that I got over the weekend till after Jan 1st. I cant wait to get those little guys and gals back into my apartment and build a shelf system for them.

I'll have my order in next year for a few more guys, no question about that.

After reading all of that bad stuff that goes down with people, it's always nice to be able to either read, or make a post about something good for a change.

Thank you for the wonderful product and the great service, before and after the sale. I truely appreciate it, and you've certainly earned my business for years down the road.

Old 04-11-2005, 08:18 AM   #8
Jim O
Thumbs up

I met Gino and Ellen yesterday at the Tampa show. They were great to deal with. They both spent a lot of time talking to me about a $60 purchase of two garter snakes.

The snakes are too small to be sexed safely so Gino was kind enough to offer that if they turn out not to be 1.1 he would send me one of the opposite sex for the cost of shipping. I could not ask for anything more than that. In fact, if these were unsexed chondro hatchlings, what breeder would offer anything even remotely similar?

I would highly recommend Gino and Ellen. They are super nice and have great animals.

The snakes are beautiful. I am certain that my daughter, for whom they were bought, will love them.

Old 09-22-2007, 07:54 PM   #9
T and J's Corns
Gino has been a good man to deal with... Integrity is numero uno from my expieriances.. It was great working with you Gino, it has been a learning expieriance and then some!

Regards.. Tim of T and J

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!