Amazon pets - Page 2 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 07-12-2004, 09:22 AM   #11
CornNut
Genetic Testing

Several of the reptibid posts mention genetic testing. Do any genetic test really exist for snakes? I realize it would be possible but has anyone actually invested the time and money to locate morph genes and develop commercially available tests? I'm still hopeful that we will someday see the much more simple tests for paternity and siblings.

Old 07-12-2004, 07:01 PM   #12
dayligon
Absolutely not!

There are no available tests for identifying animals that carry specific color/pattern genes. The development of these tests to identify individual genes is *extremely* costly and time-intensive, and they primarily only exist for identifying genetic diseases in humans. The only good method for identifying animals that are heterozygous for recessive traits is to breed them out.

Old 07-16-2004, 05:38 PM   #13
stomperUT
don't buy from gene

I bought three balls from gene. two died.

I have just returned from the vet and my snake was sick! I don't know how to spell the parasites or medicines I am about to post, so sorry in advance. The vet did a quick smear and found flagelettes and coccidia. He is also sending off a culture and they should let me know monday if the culture shows any additional problems. My snake was treated with sulfa and metronidizal(remember these spellings could be way off.

The vet was Dr. mark fawcett and he was very nice and I would recommend him to any one in utah. He let me look at the parasites and didn't charge me for the medicine.

Now I have to bring my fourth one in to get it checked out too!

Thanks Gene!!!

Old 07-17-2004, 12:21 PM   #14
meretseger
Were these snakes sold to you as captive bred in the US? Many wild caught snakes are sold 'as is' and haven't been checked or treated for parasites. In this case the owner gets a price break but the animals usually end up needing at least some medical care.
However, if the animals were captive bred they shouldn't have those parasites.

Erin Benner

Old 07-17-2004, 01:21 PM   #15
stomperUT
I was told cb

hello,

Yes, they were sold as captive bred, at $15 ea. I bought three females from him for $70 shipped. A few people have relayed to me that they beleive their snakes are imports as well. I talked to the guy who cares for the snakes gene sells and he told me they were anywhere from 3-8 weeks old. and feeding when they left his facility.

He says he has taken several snakes in to be tested and none showed parasites.

Thanks,
Stephan Maycock

Old 07-17-2004, 03:43 PM   #16
David Reid
COME ON PEOPLE

I have a nice BMW for sale too, all original for $100. If it is too good to be true, PASS ON IT. Do some research, female Ball Pythons, CB, are not $15 each or 3 for $70 or even close to that. If you get burned for your ignorance, that is your fault!buyer beware! I am so tired of hearing "my $75 het albino pair did not produce any Albinos"....well no $h!t. ASK questions, and if it sounds too good to be true, pass on it!

Dave

Old 07-18-2004, 02:15 AM   #17
ReptileRay
David , I can tell you there are cb ball pythons for $15,00 and you need to double check your info before you post about people.

Old 07-18-2004, 12:38 PM   #18
David Reid
I would say I highly doubt

that there are $15 CB FEMALE Ball Pythons for sale. If you see them, I would say there is a HUGE chance that they are CH! Do you know the difference? As for Reptibid, as a SELLER, why would I put up a pair of het animals worth $900 for sale for a starting bid of say $100? Maybe, just maybe because they are NORMALS. You get what you pay for, there are VERY few "good deals" left anymore, and I can promise, there are none on reptibid. I stand by what I have said, there are way to many bad posts about reptibid. And for the record, no, I have not ever put anything up for sale or purchased anything off of reptibid, or any of the bid sites. I prefer to stay away from the FLEA market reptile sites.

Dave

Old 07-19-2004, 12:51 PM   #19
herpetological
Most likely they ARE captive hatched imports as opposed to true captive born and bred. Why would anyone go through the time, effort and care/feeding expense to sell the few babies from each female for 15.00 each. It costs more than that to produce them. Seems fishy??? (So do the 100% hets?)

Old 09-23-2007, 12:01 PM   #20
Paul Jones
Just some fun facts about EUGENE JOSEPH COTILLO

http://www.reptile-classifieds.com/b...iew.php?id=100

http://www.faunaclassifieds.com/foru...p/t-48816.html

-------------------------------

But it really comes to light when you look at his ciminal record!

http://publicrecord.hillsclerk.com/o...&submit=Search

------------------------------------------

He is NOT the finest person on the block.......BE AWARE!

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!