Bad Guy Bad experience with Shipyourreptiles.com - Page 7 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 09-19-2009, 12:37 PM   #61
ToshaMc
Curiously Ed yelled Fire in the theater and ducked out.

There is no tracking number to prove his story.

There is no explanation as far as what happened on the sellers end, the receivers end, if SYR was contacted and attempted to find the package or if someone just complained to them at the end and they refunded

If the package got misdirected and SYR did nothing to try to help redirect ok problem there - but I see no evidence of this. If this is a typical misdeliver on behalf of UPS and SYR wasn't even made aware until afterwards - then whose fault is that really?

As far as what it was shipped. One of these options must be checked during processing -- is it possible that the shipper checked the wrong one?

Shipping Method
UPS Next Day Air
UPS 2nd Day Air
UPS 3rd Day Select
UPS Ground

What's the whole story.

Old 09-19-2009, 12:44 PM   #62
Pasodama
I don't see how SYR can be blamed for a delay that was caused by another entity.
UPS was contracted and entrusted with the care of a package. If UPS did not follow through (be it a delay, damage, or other), it is the fault of UPS (not SYR).
SYR at least refunded (which not everyone, who ships packages, would do ... just see how many Ads state that they are not responsible for errors caused by the shipping Co.). I don't see what else SYR could do.
Thus, a "bad guy" thread (in this case, on SYR) is, IMO, unwarranted.

To go a little further ...

When it comes to delays, several things can cause this.
Which, BTW, Includes shipping to a rural address - where arriving, later in the day, is a good possibility - and shipping co. excludes these areas, from guarantee, of early, in the day, arrival (may want to keep that in mind).

Delays do not occur with only UPS. Delays, also, occur with FedEx, etc.
Plus, other problems, or horror stories, do not occur (or have not occurred) with only UPS.
No matter who you ship with, there is, always, a risk.

With that said, successful shipments far outweigh the unsuccessful. However, of course, it seems that we tend to hear about the bad, rather than the good, far more. This can have the tendency to skew perceptions.

Another thing to keep in mind, should any problems arise, is to contact SYR rather than UPS (if/when SYR is used).
SYR may be able to get more info, from UPS, than the intended recipient &/or actual shipper. This is because the account, that is being used, is theirs and they are a "preferred customer" (and, being such, have another number, that they can call, where they may be able to get more info).

I have used SYR, several times, and have not had any problems.
Only once was there a same day delay (IOW Package should have arrived earlier, in the day, but did not arrive until later the same day)... plus, the package did not take the expected route.
With its not arriving, at around the time expected and with the package going an unexpected route, I contacted SYR (the recipient always received UPS shipments no later than 11 AM &, in this case, here we were in the early aft.).
SYR was more than helpful in contacting UPS, finding out some things, and calling me back (in timely fashion) with the info. Of course, their hands were tied, as well, unless the package did not arrive until the next day. Regardless, I really appreciated their customer care and the bit of info that they could provide me with.

BTW Although later than expected, the package arrived in great condition (that same day) shortly after I contacted SYR.
I also found out (not via SYR) that some changes had occurred, within UPS, in the form of layoffs (or some such?) and, thus, a re-routing was implemented (IOW routes were changed) ... this, I believe, played some part in the delay that day (and explains why the package took an unexpected route).
Should this have turned into a bigger problem (arriving next day or worse) ... and refunds aside ... I would not have placed a direct blame, on SYR, for the internal workings of UPS (which SYR has no control over and, very likely, would have no knowledge of).

Old 09-19-2009, 01:12 PM   #63
Clay Davenport
Quote:
Originally Posted by ToshaMc View Post
Curiously Ed yelled Fire in the theater and ducked out.
There's nothing curious at all about Ed ducking out, it's par for the course with him, his Modus operandi if you will. He makes a statement then when called on it or questioned about it in any way, he disappears and refuses to respond any further.

Come on Ed, man up, grow some balls. You started the thread, now it's time to defend your position.

Old 09-19-2009, 01:35 PM   #64
Bill & Amy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clay Davenport View Post

Come on Ed, man up, grow some balls. You started the thread, now it's time to defend your position.
It will never happen, at most he will pop in with another stupid remark and bail again.

Old 09-19-2009, 01:51 PM   #65
Mooing Tricycle
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill & Amy View Post
It will never happen, at most he will pop in with another stupid remark and bail again.
I think hes just testing the waters. Personally....

He made a false accusation in a sad attempt ( once again ) to stir the pot and place the blame on someone that was undeserving of it. Amazing though, that it always turns around to smack him in the face. Honestly, ive grown tired of the game. its sad and pathetic, really.

This is the kind of problem EVERYONE who ships live animals needs to be aware of. it HAPPENS, and that risk should be noted with every shipment. Is it always detrimental to the animals? no, but it means that people need to watch shipments every step of the way, and be on top of them if anything happens. Dont accept vague answers from the companies you ship with.

Ive used ship your reptiles, as well as have gotten shipments from them, and all of my transactions thus far have been excellent.

I thank them for the service they provide.

Old 09-19-2009, 06:19 PM   #66
MiamiExotics
Basic info for LACEY ACT compliance is to label the top of the box in readable format, whats in it, and the quantity. Scientific names confuse would be thieves so use those instead of common names. Also besdes having to state whats in it , quanitity, you have to state as well is it live or dead(live harmless reptiles) and so forth. Needs to have an invoice even if its for 0.00$
thats federal law and there is more to it then that.
YOU HAVE TO. PERIOD label whats in it, and more. Not to mention IATA regulations even if its not airlines.

Old 09-19-2009, 07:12 PM   #67
ForkedTung
Quote:
Originally Posted by MiamiExotics View Post
Basic info for LACEY ACT compliance is to label the top of the box in readable format, whats in it, and the quantity. Scientific names confuse would be thieves so use those instead of common names. Also besdes having to state whats in it , quanitity, you have to state as well is it live or dead(live harmless reptiles) and so forth. Needs to have an invoice even if its for 0.00$
thats federal law and there is more to it then that.
YOU HAVE TO. PERIOD label whats in it, and more. Not to mention IATA regulations even if its not airlines.
Not to take this thread more off-topic, but seeing as Ed is MIA. It is my understanding that both the scientific and common names are to be displayed on the box in additon to what you've mentioned. That's what I do, although I write it as small as the smallest lettering on the label.

Old 09-19-2009, 08:18 PM   #68
exitree
Quote:
Originally Posted by RB_BPz View Post
I wouldnt even call it approaved. Ship Your Reptiles DOES NOT have permission to ship snakes. A friend of mind is an Overnight Express Supervisor who handles the night shift on express items at the main UPS facility hookd to the MIA airpory, and over a period of nagging and bothering him he still says all POLICIES ARE THE SAME. Snakes are still not allowed to be Shipped through UPS, however SHip You Reptiles is sneaky about how they explain you can by asking you to say it is a "harmless reptile" and to jus drop off>

This jus my advice, if UPS finds out you have shipped a live snake they will have custom fine you and take your snake. Almost happened to me about 2 yrs ago. Through a random inspeaction they discovered my live animal was a snake and flipped. Had a agriculture/customs agent call me...Luckly i was a "naive first timer" so i slipped the loop on that one...

Someone with a SHip Your Reptiles LAbel go to a UPS and say i have a ball python here, please be careful handling. They WILL DENY it....Try it. Just shedding light here...

Pablo Gomez
(Full Name Harold finally got the habit LOL)
UPS is aware of the contracted agreement between UPS and SYR. I had a situation where a couple animals I was supposed to receive were shipped UPS ground. I called and talked to several UPS people and explained the situation I told them there were snakes in the package, and they never did anything, or said that they wouldn't ship it. The only call of concern I got from UPS was when they got a call (I'm assuming it was the scumbag shipper) that said there were live venomous snakes in the package. I explained they were ball pythons and everything was better. Even if they would've sent someone after me for the package containing snakes I'd of been fine since the person who sent the snakes actually sent an empty box instead, but that's another story.

Old 09-19-2009, 09:23 PM   #69
chris allen
So far, I couldnt be happier with SYR. Ive shipped numerous packages and 1 delay(due to mechanical problems per ups), which the package got delivered in the afternoon. Everything was ok, and SYR refunded asap. I don't see how in any way they can get a bad guy post for something that UPS delayed. I mean if the issue was due to billing, or some type of error on their part, ok, but I don't see such an issue here?

Old 09-19-2009, 10:05 PM   #70
Mike Schultz
The way i see it, Ed didnt do anything wrong here.

He paid for a service from SYR, did not receive it, and posted a thread here warning others. The fact that he got a refund does not change the fact that the company failed him.

To those saying it may have been UPS's fault and not SYR-
The reason many people use SYR is so that they dont have to deal with the intricacies of shipping. If SYR is going to charge to provide a service of shipping reptiles for you, they should be the ones to blame if things go wrong. If I order a package from Amazon.com and it doesnt arrive, I blame Amazon, not FedEx or whatever shipping company they use.

Thats my 14 cents.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Tags
shipyourreptiles, syr