Anybody Know Jeff Verharst? - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 02-05-2004, 02:07 AM   #1
Chris Kelly
Anybody Know Jeff Verharst?

I have some friends who had a deal go south with Jeff Verharst. I'm trying to help them locate Jeff Verharst and get their money back for them.

The last we heard of him he was living in or near Sun Valley California. He was employed by a local pet store (I will refrain from mentioning them as they were not involved with the deal).

My friends had made a deal to purchase two pancake tortoises for $1400.00. The money was sent and recieved but the tortoises never showed. Jeff made numerous excuses none of which made any sense. It later turned out that the tortoises never existed at all. This deal went down at the end of 2000 and I know it's been a LONG time but the money is still owed.

Anyone who has any information on Jeff Verharst I'd be very greatfull.

Chris Kelly

Old 09-19-2011, 07:55 PM   #2
Shadera
I'll send a pm/email to the OP, but does anyone have any info on whether this was resolved?

This gentleman contacted me this evening and gave a CA telephone number, wanted to purchase an animal from me. When I linked this thread, he sure disappeared quick.

If it hasn't been resolved, I'd hate to think there's a proven scammer that's resurfaced again thinking time has washed it all away.

Old 08-09-2014, 12:04 PM   #3
CalRosy
Was this ever resolved? I've been talking about doing a trade with him.

Old 08-09-2014, 01:43 PM   #4
Wilomn
I wouldn't. He's not really trustworthy. In fact, he lies. A lot. He's in San Diego and from what I hear, read a national database, he can't leave without registering his whereabouts with that same national database.

Old 08-09-2014, 02:40 PM   #5
hhmoore
I'm inclined to close this thread since it was based on anonymous third party information...but, then again, it was started before I was even a member here, and I don't know that it would have been handled that way at the time. Guess it makes sense to leave it - it seems unlikely that the original topic will become a hot issue 10 yrs later

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!