Ebay - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > General Interest Forums > General BS forum

Notices

General BS forum I guess anything is fair game in here. Just watch the subject matter doesn't get carried away too much.

Old 07-15-2006, 06:46 AM   #1
Lucille
Ebay

I love Ebay. I can shop whenever I want to, and they have an amazing array of stuff for sale.
For being such a huge company in such a relatively small period of time, they are doing well in customer service.
I was recently looking for a stereo receiver and found just what I wanted at an amazingly reasonable price. The ad, purporting to be in the US and to take Paypal, required an email inquiry 'for shipping purposes' be made prior to bidding.
I emailed and found that unlike what the ad said, the item was coming from outside the US and the vendor would not take Paypal but rather wanted one of those Western Union wired money deals. That didn't sound right to me.
I reported the ad and it was immediately pulled and I'm sure the vendor had some explaining to do

Now that Ebay and Paypal are so closely linked, I can buy all sorts of stuff easily. I've bought food for my critters, sterling silver for me, cute teddy bears to decorate the living room, books to read, all kinds of items.

I have heard and seen some weirdness in the form of unusual items for sale and that only adds to the cachet. In addition, it is interesting sometimes to see the outrageous prices paid in bidding wars.

Have any of y'all had any notable experiences or seen anything unusual on Ebay?

Old 07-15-2006, 08:39 AM   #2
old guy
Heck yeah and aa a major

e-bay seller and buyer BUT ! ..........be warned of the constant hacking attemps of trying to get into your pay pal account/s ! Many FAKE and scam things has gotten even worse over the past year with all said and several dozen attempts on me of pay pal and my e-bay account period.

Now for the question :

One time word of AUCTION as to everything below is or was of auction.

A womans 6 foot plus hair length

a woman that would come to your funeral and cry for you . You supplied a sort of trust fund for her in proper clothes and how to get to your funeral. The contract between you and her good for 10 years.

The Jay Leno look-a-like potato chip

various townships and the most famous was Langtry Texas ( all of us west Texas snake hunters know of this place ) but did not include the famous Judge Roy Beans visitation and welcome facility.

A toe nail from Elvis

A live in family of a mother, father, and 2 kids that was pulled but later put back up for auction as to being legal.

a tube of sperm but pulled from auction

a toilet seat from some famous celebrity but forgot who

a roll of half used toilet paper from some famous celebrity

a coffee cup with Marilyn Monroe's lip stick stuck to it

a number of somebodies feet ( yes I mean FEET ) of photos

a box containing one of the first cut either CFC or Churches Chicken piece of chicken that was semi-mummified ( a leg or as one of my " BROTHERS " said, a short thigh )

a hot chili pepper that resembled a penis and the scrotum

a apple that looked like past president Johnson

a chicken foot ( pulled )

a chicken beak ( pulled )

a rented > breast ( female ), a rented forehead ( male ), a rented lower back ( female ) for advertising or an advertisement

a tooth from a famous celebrity

some that I have seen................and remember........there';s more but will have to think of them

Old 07-15-2006, 09:41 AM   #3
Cat_72
LOL, remember the "Jesus pancake" they had on there?? That was just TOO funny.

Then there was that large and rather hairy man selling his ex's wedding dress, and modeling it.....that was one of my all time favorites.

Old 07-15-2006, 12:11 PM   #4
Rebel Dragons
Wedding Dress Guy

Old 07-16-2006, 11:51 AM   #5
Lucille
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rebel Dragons
I hadn't seen this one before and it is hilarious

Old 07-16-2006, 12:04 PM   #6
Cat_72
It's too bad you can't see the guy's face anymore.....that added a lot. LOL.

Old 07-16-2006, 12:09 PM   #7
Bill & Amy
I can't believe someone paid that much for that dress, in the ad it says it was only $1200 new. then someone paid $3850 for it. That was a good investment.

Old 07-17-2006, 05:11 PM   #8
Lucille
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cat_72
LOL, remember the "Jesus pancake"
No, tell me. I am obviously woefully out of touch with Ebay historic events.

I don't know about the Jay Leno potato chip either...

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!