"Big Mama" Is this the time for Ovulation? - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Snake Discussion Forums > Ball Pythons Discussion Forum

Notices

Old 02-10-2010, 12:04 AM   #1
chamgirl99471
"Big Mama" Is this the time for Ovulation?

This is "Big Mama" She's around 2000 grams ... I have had her with my male pastel and have whitnessed several locks... just wondering if this is too soon for ovulation? She's really cranky and it looks like she's growing around the middle... midsection to tail... Just curious if this is too soon for ovulation

Any advice is appreciated... Just started swelling tonight!!

Old 02-10-2010, 01:04 PM   #2
Jerry_c_62
Several locks, over how much time? A single lock can produce a viable clutch, although more locks is never a bad thing. I would think that once she started to develop folicals anything over one lock could accomplish the desired effect.

As far as the pics, the first one sure does look like it shows the effect that all BP breeders look for.

Congrats and good luck.

Old 02-10-2010, 01:11 PM   #3
chamgirl99471
It was several locks over a 2 week period... I seperated them a couple times and offered food which she took and the previous owner said that she never stopped eating last year and layed 9 eggs 8 of which hatched. I'm just crossing my fingers and playing the waiting game now. The Male seems to have lost interest and is staying in the far corner away from her now. I'm gonna remove him tonight and let them rest for awhile then put him back in again and see what happens. Thanks Keep your fingers crossed cause I may have some pretty little pastels to sell later on this year

Old 02-10-2010, 05:41 PM   #4
Jerry_c_62
The male losing interest sounds fairly normal if she is gravid. Again, Good Luck and keep us posted. Also keep in mind that the folks around here LOVE pictures. So when you get them, let us see too.

Old 02-10-2010, 05:52 PM   #5
chamgirl99471
I will definately post pictures if I'm lucky This would be the daddy if it's true and I can't wait to see what his babies will look like cause he's such a cool looking pastel!!

Old 09-15-2010, 02:07 PM   #6
dustinNMpythons
Did this girl ever produce eggs for you? hope she did!!

Old 09-15-2010, 03:50 PM   #7
chamgirl99471
Nope.. but I'm hoping to have some from my pastels this next season... also from my Het albinos if I'm lucky

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!