∩ 04 Female Het T- does 10 this morning! - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Snake Discussion Forums > Ball Pythons Discussion Forum

Notices

Old 06-03-2012, 02:36 PM   #1
Amelanistic Orca
∩ 04 Female Het T- does 10 this morning!

I honestly thought I was going to wake up to her egg bound and dead. Some of the absolute wildest pre-lay positions I have ever seen..

She did 10 during the night. All are perfect! She huddled the litter like a professional an hour after this photo, as she settles in to do this Maternally.

8 years to prove this pair out between two collections, in case anybody is wondering the dedication that goes into breedings! I'm hoping for some T- heads pippin' in 54 days.
Attached Images

Old 06-03-2012, 08:37 PM   #2
Blue Magik
Wow 8 years of wait , suddenly the 60 days of incubation time doesn't seem so bad , good luck

Old 06-03-2012, 09:07 PM   #3
Amelanistic Orca
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue Magik View Post
Wow 8 years of wait , suddenly the 60 days of incubation time doesn't seem so bad , good luck
Eggsactly! Easy street now... The breeding is a pair of 100% Het T-'s that are stricltly mice and asf feeders ONLY! Never taken an offered Norway in 1.5 yrs I've been involved with them. Took 5 yrs to raise to weight, lol, and here we are..

Last year she got her eggs on the ground, and then the hard part happened.. She had 8 that were lost in a friends incubator failure while on a Vacation.

The eggs didn't make it far enough to be able to tell if there were any morphs or not, towel was thrown in on the pair, and I took over. Real curious to see how she fares brooding her own..

Thanks Blue Magik!

Old 06-04-2012, 12:51 AM   #4
scratchypen
How exciting! Thats so cool you do the maternal incubation. Ive heard so many horror stories about it Im not sure I will ever delve into that, especially since Ive heard females tend to not eat while incubating their eggs.

Old 06-04-2012, 10:47 AM   #5
Amelanistic Orca
Quote:
Originally Posted by scratchypen View Post
How exciting! Thats so cool you do the maternal incubation. Ive heard so many horror stories about it Im not sure I will ever delve into that, especially since Ive heard females tend to not eat while incubating their eggs.
Thank you! Don't believe everything that is written or told... The only horror stories I know are Incubator involved anymore.

Let me put a couple myths to sleep right here, right now since I have a chance. This is the way it was intended by MN(Mother Nature). They will shed and eat while on a "stack"... My females are sweet as pie and allow me to intervene with barely a huff and a puff here and there.. My females always come back to their stack and keep it wrapped up.. And... They can go back to back like my other female Het T+ sitting on 8 right now and in a post lay shed. She was in the same position last year this time.

Honestly, I don't even own an Incubator! Lol. And I love admitting that noise! We have 20 females that are going to roll out their own babies.. Including a Desert... I'll post some pics of these two later on... Progression pics.

Old 06-04-2012, 11:07 AM   #6
SPJ
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Pecanic View Post
Thank you! Don't believe everything that is written or told... The only horror stories I know are Incubator involved
EXACTLY. That is why I am going with maternal incubation this year. Massive losses last year due to the incubator.

Congrats on the clutch. Let's hope the results more than make up for the time it took to get there.

Old 06-04-2012, 11:36 AM   #7
Amelanistic Orca
Quote:
Originally Posted by SPJ View Post
EXACTLY. That is why I am going with maternal incubation this year. Massive losses last year due to the incubator.

Congrats on the clutch. Let's hope the results more than make up for the time it took to get there.
Thank you Steve! Means more than you know! TY again.

Old 07-21-2012, 03:45 AM   #8
Amelanistic Orca
WELP! She Proves! But, it's a bum deal kinda 'Proving'..... Maternally Incubating, I have been catching them pipping on the morning of the 50th day. This coming Monday was/is morning 50....

I checked everybody earlier today and started to smell that.. Ummm, rotten egg smell.. I was not happy. In the end I found the bottom and center most egg went bad here at the tail end..

I gently rip apart the egg cluster, get to the 'bad' egg, and, as luck would have it.. You gotta know where I am going with this.. Of course, I walk past the scissors to the garbage can, and then think, I better check, so I do..

And, whatta ya know.. Tom, shot in the foot one more time. She proves, to a lifeless fully formed, but "not quite right" dead Visual T-. I have 9 more chances starting Monday morning, my fingers are white-knuckled and crossed. I'll spare you the horrible pic I just had to take of the scenario..

Old 07-21-2012, 03:20 PM   #9
Amelanistic Orca
We like this lil kid, for just a 66% Possible Het T-. We like it!

Sex TBD in a few hours.
Attached Images

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!