The Queen Looks Gravid! What do you think? - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Snake Discussion Forums > Pituophis & Drymarchon Discussion Forum

Notices

Old 12-13-2007, 02:40 PM   #1
molurusbreedingcente
The Queen Looks Gravid! What do you think?

Glad to report the young male that attempted to bred a 5yr. 5.5 ft. female and failed last year is near 6 ft. and is 3 years old. He had no problem this time and bred several times the middle of October.

It appears to have worked. Now when the male is in with the female she rejects with vibrating the tail and is gettng very large in the posterior section.

Following suggestions from Snodgres, Nazz and some other breeders I switched from just feeding rodents to alternating with farm raised trout (frozen for 4 wks/thawed.) from the Boulder fish Hatchery. The snakes love the fish and their skin indeed seems smoother and has a nice shine to it. The red has also intensified to some degree but I will also introduce the Nekton and see how that works also.

Is there anyone other than Nazz breeding Indigos in Europe? I have heard of a couple in England and Eddy and Biggy's site in Germany shows some nice ones they are breeding. I know there must be other European Bloodlines out there as well.

I would like to correspond with European Drymarchon breeders. There was a guy a few years ago that was from the Netherlands and had a website depicting an albino eastern indigo but the site does not seem to be working at this time. Can anyone put me in touch with him via email.

Gracias, Merci, Danke, Doomo Arigatoo!

Picture of female staying in nesting box. The posterior looks large and 8 lumps can be felt if you let her slide through your fingers. I tried her back with the male again but she continues to just try and get away.

Old 12-16-2007, 12:01 PM   #2
norcal
Congrats! looks good. I hope to be able to breed my Indigos in a couple of years. She(yearling) is growing fast! Keep us updated.
note: there was an article on Indigos in the January issue of REPTILES magazine.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!