"Golden" Spiders? - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Snake Discussion Forums > Ball Pythons Discussion Forum

Notices

Old 09-16-2009, 11:01 PM   #1
NorthernRegius.com
"Golden" Spiders?

Can someone tell me if there is such a thing? A friend of mine sent me an ad saying that this "isn't an ordinary Spider", but the pic had been messed with so I doubt the ad was valid. However since I'm constantly catching up on new BP morphs is there a line of Spider called a Golden Spider?

Thanks in Advance- Deb

Old 09-17-2009, 12:09 AM   #2
Crazy4Herps
Hmm, very interesting. I've never heard of it; I would imagine RDR, NERD, or VPI would be the ones to come out with a new morph, and I can't find a "golden spider" on any of their sites, but I suppose it is possible...

I'm interested to see if anybody else has a take on this.

Old 09-17-2009, 09:10 AM   #3
RJK890
Maybe...

The term "Golden Spider" could have been used to describe the appearance of the Spider?
The same as "High White" or "Low White" is used.

Maybe they were just saying that the "High Gold Spider" does not look like your average Spider?

Can you post the pic in this thread?
Have a member that can check out the photo and see how altered it is take a look at it,(I think Alicia / MooingTricycle is able to do it?)

I sometimes "mess with" my photos to get the picture to represent the actual appearance, and true colors of the animal.
If I am selling / trading the animal, I also send untouched photo's as well.

Then again, maybe they are intentionally misrepresenting their animal?

Old 09-17-2009, 09:26 AM   #4
NorthernRegius.com
The photo was messed with & the ad stated it was NOT a normal Spider- yet corecting te photo that's all I saw.

Old 09-18-2009, 11:18 AM   #5
DJSlurp1200
Spiders vary quite a bit from animal to animal... you have your super reduced, not so reduced, high white, low white, Ones with almost a solid yellow side instead of white... Some dark, and some high gold like what the person selling the animal might be referring to.

IMO though...Any alteration to a picture's color... even to try to represent the animal better with honest intentions is still misrepresentation of that animal in my opinion. I just can't when someone posts an ad up and the snake has been photoshopped to death and looks like a plastic toy... I saw a thread once where a group of people all photoshopped an animal to the best of their ability to try to bring out the animals "truest" colors and by the end you would have thought it was 9 differen't animals had you not known they were shopped. LOL

If you feel you need to alter the color go outside in the sunlight, seek some better lighting or just straight up get a new camera that takes better pics LOL...

Old 09-18-2009, 08:46 PM   #6
RJK890
Is this the Spider Ad that you are referring to?

http://www.faunaclassifieds.com/foru...d.php?t=144904

If so, I don't see any misrepresentation at all.

Old 09-18-2009, 08:58 PM   #7
NorthernRegius.com
Quote:
Originally Posted by RJK890 View Post
Is this the Spider Ad that you are referring to?

http://www.faunaclassifieds.com/foru...d.php?t=144904

If so, I don't see any misrepresentation at all.
Absolutely not-
That ad is fine. It's one thing to describe your animal's colour & another to tout it as a separate line/morph. The original ad was off-Fauna & referred to a GOLDEN Spider as in morph/line. Since no one has hard of any new line of Spider, it's a good thing my friend avoided purchasing there.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!