"giraffe mojave" - Page 2 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Snake Discussion Forums > Ball Pythons Discussion Forum

Notices

Old 11-30-2009, 08:57 PM   #11
Shadera
But. You'll receive pictures of momma if you buy said giraffe mojo. lol

Sorry, I'm lmao at most of that seller's ads. They smell kinda like that guy from Niagara that was in the business for a few months trying to pass off his normals as special new morphs. Like others, I don't expect all the secrets to be revealed for new morphs, but you have to expect a certain amount of questioning when you're claiming an animal is worth five grand and it looks just like the one we all have in our basements that cost us a couple hundred.

Just my take on it. But I'm cynical and suspicious.

Old 11-30-2009, 09:37 PM   #12
hhmoore
Well, hopefully, the seller will rethink his "too much to type" position, and give some answers on the morph.
I hate when people will only address things like that on the phone. Besides, is it really faster to explain on the phone, if you have to keep repeating yourself for all the people that are interested enough to ask? Post the answer once, and its there for all to see.

Old 11-30-2009, 11:38 PM   #13
Artistry Exotics
Exactly. What I don't get is, someone asks a simple question - asks for some more pictures or asks what makes up a certain morph - and the breeder starts huffing and puffing and shooting childish insults. 'How dare you question me! If you want to know, call! Otherwise I'm packing up my toys and playing elsewhere!'

Why not just answer the question? Makes someone look a lot less suspicious.

Old 12-01-2009, 02:47 AM   #14
Ed Clark
The person with all these one of a kind morphs has been posting them everywhere, I have seen him take up over half the first page of the classifieds with his imaginary morphs. the low white pied mojave was an out and out lie like all his other made up morphs.

I say show this guy the door for openly scamming the members here.

Old 12-01-2009, 03:31 AM   #15
hhmoore
I realize that some people have some questions about what he is selling...maybe the pics don't do the best job of showing the qualities that make the animals what he says. I initiated this thread in the hopes of getting some information on the "giraffe mojave", not to give people an avenue to bash the seller.
While there is no problem with normal topic drift here in the discussion forum, I would prefer to avoid this thread becoming negative....if for no other reason than I would like to hear from the breeder about this combination, since it appears that nobody else can fill in the blanks. Besides, this isn't the BOI (consider that a big hint from the moderator side of my brain)

Old 12-01-2009, 04:04 AM   #16
Willow
I very much doubt the seller will be coming forward with any real proof as to whats going on with these animals and what he claims them to be....his best argument is that he backs his animals genetics with paperwork (i never really thought of that as much better then the breeders word)...which means in a few years when the person who buys this mojave is completely unable to prove out anything other then the basic morph....that buyer will have to go through the hassle of trying to get a refund for a grossly overpriced mojave (she is beautiful...but not THAT beautiful)

proving out that " low white mojave pied" would be even worst....if its not truly a pied...its 66%poss. het (mojave het pied to het pied i think is what he said the parents where)

which means if it ever produces a mojave pied baby in its future...you know the seller will hold his argument thats its a pied itself and not a het pied...it would take a few generations of trying to breed it out with a non pied (or non het pied) to "maybe" make 100% hets (IF its a pied) and so on and so on to try and prove it isnt what he claims it to be

what a hassle...bah...even thinking of it makes my head hurt

Old 12-01-2009, 09:25 AM   #17
ReptileJay
Quote:
Originally Posted by Willow View Post
I very much doubt the seller will be coming forward with any real proof as to whats going on with these animals and what he claims them to be....his best argument is that he backs his animals genetics with paperwork (i never really thought of that as much better then the breeders word)...which means in a few years when the person who buys this mojave is completely unable to prove out anything other then the basic morph....that buyer will have to go through the hassle of trying to get a refund for a grossly overpriced mojave (she is beautiful...but not THAT beautiful)

proving out that " low white mojave pied" would be even worst....if its not truly a pied...its 66%poss. het (mojave het pied to het pied i think is what he said the parents where)

which means if it ever produces a mojave pied baby in its future...you know the seller will hold his argument thats its a pied itself and not a het pied...it would take a few generations of trying to breed it out with a non pied (or non het pied) to "maybe" make 100% hets (IF its a pied) and so on and so on to try and prove it isnt what he claims it to be

what a hassle...bah...even thinking of it makes my head hurt
It would actually be VERY easy to prove.... Breed the "Mojave Pied" to a Pied... if even a single baby is not pied, neither is the Mojave...

Regardless, based on the way the seller has been acting, i highly doubt we'll ever hear his side of the story... Pity really...

Old 12-01-2009, 10:58 AM   #18
snakemansnakes
And just for everyone's info, This guy is no longer selling snakes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MagickalMorphs View Post
They smell kinda like that guy from Niagara that was in the business for a few months trying to pass off his normals as special new morphs.

Old 12-01-2009, 05:45 PM   #19
Ed Clark
Quote:
11-30-2009, 10:34 AM #3
ballroompythons

Name : Tim Lane
Karma Power: 0
ballroompythons is at reputation level 50 - 149
Trader Rating: (0)

It is a co-dom condition.

As stated by Tim Lane this mojave is a co dom condition.

Old 12-02-2009, 07:59 PM   #20
deborahbroadus
It appears that he may be a bit confused about genetics per se....butbutbutbut...he seems to have a Champagne on his site!!! IMO, that indicates some serious money involved in building his collection (but what do I know?).

It's possible that he has a Het pied Mojave that happens to be a "Ringer" and he's a bit confused. But looking at the pattern, I would bet serious money that it's a Mojave, mojave and nothing but a mojave (possibly a het pied and that he's going by the percentages and not actually LOOKING at the animal)

Not sure about his other animals..don't see anything that jumps out and screams. "I'M WORTH 5K!!"

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!