Mack Snow Odds..... - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Lizard Discussion Forums > Geckos Discussion Forum

Notices

Old 05-08-2006, 09:26 AM   #1
USAGECKOS
Mack Snow Odds.....

Well, 2 more of my Mack Snow eggs hatched, both were normals again

So, Now I have hatched 6 eggs from my Male Mack Snow x Female SHTCT and only got 1 Mack so far. The 50% odds aren't working out too good for me. Anybody else experiencing this or am I the only one that is REALLY unlucky

Old 05-08-2006, 10:13 AM   #2
420Geckos
Ouch that's gotta hurt.

Old 05-08-2006, 10:15 AM   #3
A_Kendergirl
I recall that happening to someone else last year...I don't remember who.

Old 05-08-2006, 10:50 AM   #4
The NY Gecko
reptiles are different than mammals so idk how that works but ill try and rationalize it. If you have a black mouse and a white mouse and both traits are co-dom then all of their offspring will be grey. however if you breed 2 grey mice to each other the ratio will be 1:2:1 1-black 2-grey 1-white. Thats how the co doms work, odd i know. You can do it on a punnett square and it will show you the same thing. but i guess it doesnt explain the huge stroke of bad luck you seem to be having. it seems to be just that, bad luck.

Old 05-08-2006, 11:13 AM   #5
Xavier
Quote:
Originally Posted by The NY Gecko
reptiles are different than mammals so idk how that works but ill try and rationalize it. If you have a black mouse and a white mouse and both traits are co-dom then all of their offspring will be grey. however if you breed 2 grey mice to each other the ratio will be 1:2:1 1-black 2-grey 1-white. Thats how the co doms work, odd i know. You can do it on a punnett square and it will show you the same thing. but i guess it doesnt explain the huge stroke of bad luck you seem to be having. it seems to be just that, bad luck.
I think the point of this post is to see if others where experienceing similar results from Mack snow breeding and not what the outcome should be.

Old 05-08-2006, 11:19 AM   #6
USAGECKOS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xavier
I think the point of this post is to see if others where experienceing similar results from Mack snow breeding and not what the outcome should be.
Exactly, I know how the odds work, I don't like it though!...LOL

Old 05-08-2006, 12:29 PM   #7
Albey
Hi Jeanne,
Last year I bred Mack Snow to Tremper Albino, twelve eggs – three Mack Snows. I bred Mack Snow to Las Vegas Albino, eight eggs – one Mack Snow. It is hard to hit the odds with these guys for some reason.

I hope you have better luck on the next clutch.

Old 05-08-2006, 12:38 PM   #8
USAGECKOS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Albey
Hi Jeanne,
Last year I bred Mack Snow to Tremper Albino, twelve eggs – three Mack Snows. I bred Mack Snow to Las Vegas Albino, eight eggs – one Mack Snow. It is hard to hit the odds with these guys for some reason.

I hope you have better luck on the next clutch.
Thanks for that info Albey, it is reassuring

Old 05-08-2006, 12:57 PM   #9
Franks_Geckos
You could always hatch two snows on your next clutch and be ahead of the odds with 3/8. Positive thinking.....

Old 05-08-2006, 01:28 PM   #10
USAGECKOS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Franks_Geckos
You could always hatch two snows on your next clutch and be ahead of the odds with 3/8. Positive thinking.....
Yeah, I was hoping that when I hatched out my last 2 normals, but it didn't work

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!