LOOKING FOR A Pair of snakes m and f - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Classifieds > Snakes For Sale/Wanteds > Ball Pythons

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 01-12-2007, 12:06 PM   #1
jesus_lives_within
LOOKING FOR A Pair of snakes m and f

we are in clarkston michigan and are looking for a pair of ball python snakes... around breeding age.. in the 50-75 range would pay up to 100 if they are awesome looking 150 if the come with eqiuptment... will consider shipping but prefer local .... we are starting a rescue for ball pythons so if you are in a desent distance and have some u dont want or need anymore we will take them in .. along with supplies... cracked tanks are okay can fix... Please help us out this has been a passion for long time and looking forward to trying to make this a huge family hobby...

email me at jesus_lives_within@yahoo.com with pictures,prices,details, location, and all
  Contact User Check User
Old 01-12-2007, 01:55 PM   #2
Pink Lady Exotics
Breeding-size females are worth much more than that alone, so I doubt you'll find a pair for $75-$100. Unless they're WC non-feeding junk but even they're going for a higher price.

Old 01-12-2007, 02:26 PM   #3
Cat_72
Christine, Jen is absolutely correct. You may find males that fit your needs at that price, but look around....you won't see a breeding age female for anywhere near that low of a price, especially with the proper equipment to keep her in good enough health to be breeding.

My advice to you would be to start with a good healthy captive bred baby or 2, which you should be able to get in your price range....and grow him/her/them up. But make sure you have all of the enclosures set up properly before you get them, so you know that they will grow into healthy animals that will produce healthy babies. Learn all you can keeping them as pets before deciding to dive right into trying to breed. It's a lot more fun as well as rewarding that way.

Old 01-12-2007, 03:15 PM   #4
jesus_lives_within
OKay do you know anyone selling a baby male and female for 50-75 ....
  Contact User Check User
Old 01-12-2007, 03:42 PM   #5
Bill & Amy
Quote:
Originally Posted by jesus_lives_within
OKay do you know anyone selling a baby male and female for 50-75 ....
You will find small females for that much, but probably not a pair. Then you will more than likely have to pay at least $50 for shipping.

Old 01-12-2007, 03:45 PM   #6
jesus_lives_within
well bill do you have any for a pair for 50 -75?
  Contact User Check User
Old 01-12-2007, 03:49 PM   #7
Bill & Amy
Quote:
I don't think you will find anyone with a pair for 50-75.

Old 01-12-2007, 03:52 PM   #8
jnjreptile
If you want them dirt cheap then buy some in april or may for $10 ea.

Old 01-12-2007, 03:55 PM   #9
Suncoast Herpetological
Quote:

A real good price on a captive bred pair of normals would be $100 to $125 Christina. That does not include shipping which would be around $50 so you are looking at a minimum investment of around $150 to $175. The only animals you could get at the price you quoted would be farm raised imports

Old 01-12-2007, 03:58 PM   #10
Bill & Amy
I think you shouldn't worry about getting a breeding pair right off the bat. I assume you are new to this and have alot to learn about these animals. The first thing you want to do is make sure you have a good setup to keep your new snakes in. I suggest reading this caresheet for ball pythons and making sure your cage or enclosure meets the requirements for keeping these snakes.

http://www.faunaclassifieds.com/foru...ad.php?t=77422

Then after you have that setup and working well, then purchase a female ball python to raise up to breed. They take longer than the males to raise to breeding size. Then after you have success raising up the girl you can purchase a male to breed her with. Below are some good links to sites with good info. Good Luck.

http://www.ballpython.ca/care.html

http://www.ballpython.ca/gallery/breeding.html

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Closed Thread