I want to know your opinions on this BD.. - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Lizard Discussion Forums > Bearded Dragons Discussion Forum

Notices

Old 09-22-2016, 03:46 PM   #1
enoughbubbles456
I want to know your opinions on this BD..

Well I was just looking in the classified and I stumbled across this advert of a "health and in good condition" bearded dragon.

I may not be a bearded dragon expert, but my bearded dragon looks absolutely nothing compared to this skin and bone, malnourished beardie.

I was thinking about "rescuing" it but it looks like it's at deaths door... I might and ask a few questions about him though.. it makes me really sad that alot end up like this.

This is the picture that was on the advert..

I might call the authorities, I can't stand such cruelty.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Old 09-22-2016, 03:53 PM   #2
enoughbubbles456
Even if it was a healthy bearded dragon, the enclosure is probably the worst one he could of chosen to house a beardie.

I'm just shocked how they could let the poor little guy suffer this long..

I wouldn't mind though, but they've advertised him for £250!! What a joke! It'd cost me that to bring him back to good health.. probably even more.. They've got to be kidding!

Here's the inadequate enclosure..

Old 09-22-2016, 04:12 PM   #3
Lucille
250 pounds is approximately $350, that is a lot of money. It is a nice enclosure, just not for a dragon. Perhaps they will sell you the dragon only for a small sum. I admire you for looking into the situation and hope that he can go home with you.

Old 09-22-2016, 04:26 PM   #4
Reptiles 101
If you do end up getting the dragon i would feed him chicken and vegetable baby food, iv seen it bring dragons back i thought for sure would die over night.

Old 09-22-2016, 05:20 PM   #5
enoughbubbles456
That's exactly what I thought Lucille.

I would definitely try that if bring the dragon home reptiles 101, he looks in dire need of help.. I hope I can be the one who rescues him and nurse him back to health... I might be back later with an update..

But in the meantime here's a picture of my gorgeous boy😊:

(He was still shedding his foot lol)

Old 09-22-2016, 05:23 PM   #6
enoughbubbles456
I can't edit my post for some reason..

But thanks for the answers guys!

Old 09-22-2016, 06:29 PM   #7
angie.h
It's really nice of you to want to help that poor dragon. It's in extremely serious condition and very probably will not survive. Poor thing needed intervention long ago before it turned in to a living skeleton. There will be dehydration + starvation to try to overcome, but the kidneys are probably already severely affected.

Old 09-22-2016, 06:43 PM   #8
Lucille
Amy, your little gent is quite the looker!!

Old 09-23-2016, 07:15 PM   #9
enoughbubbles456
If I can't rehome this one, I will definitely try and get one from the local reptile rescue... beardies look like the most common reptile in the rescue centres.

I've reported the advert for animal cruelty anyway, I hope the site will contact the rspca/ or a reptile rescue and get him the help he needs!

Thank you Lucille! He's my pride and joy, but he won't have any veggies for me! Just stuffing his face with roaches lol... he needs to cut back on those, he becoming quite the fatty (don't tell him I said that)😂

Old 09-23-2016, 11:24 PM   #10
_Lucian_
I have sadly seen many cases like that in local ads where I live. But I can't blame the people most of the time, when I ask I always get the "This is how Petco told me to do it"

Sent from my A521L using Tapatalk

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!