Beardie diet - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Lizard Discussion Forums > Bearded Dragons Discussion Forum

Notices

Old 01-18-2017, 10:50 AM   #1
Insomniac101
Beardie diet

Hi Kids,

I'm new to bearded dragons, and adopted my first a couple of weeks ago. They are such cool lizards!

My question is, do any of you more experienced keepers feed nightcrawlers to yours? My guy seems to prefer food that moves - crickets, Dubia roaches. I feed nightcrawlers to my oscars, but I'm out right now. If others feed worms to their lizards, I'll buy a larger quantity when I get out to the bait store tomorrow.

Thanks!

Kathy

Old 01-18-2017, 01:44 PM   #2
Reptiles 101
If i remember correctly night crawlers can cary a lot of parasittes so i wouldnt recommend it. When i first got in to dragons i fed one of mine a night crawler and she didnt like it to much but she was always a picky eater.

Old 01-18-2017, 10:56 PM   #3
Insomniac101
Thanks Ashton. I didn't think about parasites, but it makes sense. I'm just trying to offer a wide variety of foods to keep him healthy and thriving.

Kathy

Old 01-18-2017, 11:19 PM   #4
Reptiles 101
Your welcome, awhile back i would collect earwigs clean there guts out for about 2 to 3 weeks then feed them to my dragons iv used this same method with snails and grasshoppers without problems for other animals iv had.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!