New Bearded Dragon - Dark Spots? - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Lizard Discussion Forums > Bearded Dragons Discussion Forum

Notices

Old 07-05-2015, 02:44 PM   #1
Megan1973
New Bearded Dragon - Dark Spots?

I just picked up a 3 year old male bearded dragon yesterday and on the way home I noticed he had some dark spots on his side. I asked the girl I got him from and she said it was normal all her beareded dragons have them. The spots are very tough, they do not feel like the rest of his skin. I know this isn't normal. I am not sure what it is. I looked up fungus and am wondering if that is what it could be? I do not see any yellow discoloration. Please any help would be great! He is in quarantine and I wash my hands after touching him.
Attached Images

Old 07-05-2015, 05:35 PM   #2
reptilebaby
not sure about a reptile. all 3 of those worry me- if i saw any of them on my animals. i would say the first one , looks like bug bites or puncture wounds, the last one looks almost like some kind of burn or lost scales. not sure about the middle one. I know I don't know a lot yet about dragon health issues, but slowly learning

Old 07-05-2015, 05:37 PM   #3
reptilebaby
maybe a fungus.

Old 07-08-2015, 07:46 PM   #4
CarolinaClassicDragons
Megan, looks a lot like yellow fungus. Really bad news if that is the case. You should inform the individual that sold you this dragon. SMH

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!