Inquiry Dan at DTS Herps, Inc (Boca Raton, Florida) - Good guy? - Page 4 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 04-01-2010, 01:37 PM   #31
TailsWithScales
Quote:
Originally Posted by lucille View Post
Just a thought, but here we have a low post insistently pro Dan poster, any chance this could be the D boy himself?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Will0W783 View Post

I was wondering the same thing.....
Kathy is not Dan. My my aren't we the suspicious ones. I know Kathy via emails and photo exchange through this site as a matter of fact and can vouch that she's definitely not him. I've been helping her with her monitors as of recently.

I to have purchased from Dan back in 2004-2007. Every single transaction was perfect and the animals better then described. I purchased monitors and some snakes. But personally, as of now I probably won't. To much bad news as far as I'm concerned. I'm not sure why he's become so hit n miss but as for me that bad just far out weighs the good.

Old 04-01-2010, 03:09 PM   #32
Southern Wolf
Kathy... just so you know everyone is glad you had a good experience with him. The point that we are trying to make is this. IF there had been a problem with your animals or the shipment.. then it would have been your fault. Doesnt matter if he packed the wrong species... its still YOUR fault.

The true merit of one business is how they handle the mess ups... and they way Dan handles them speaks loud and clear. Its never his fault. Ask him... he will tell ya.

It has been shown here time and time again... Dan's business is stellar UNTIL you have a problem. Then you get shafted because its never his fault and your just trying to scam him. He will tell you... there has NEVER been a legitimate complaint against me. Horse hocky.... no one is perfect and there will always be a legitimate complaint when dealing with live animals and human nature. We all screw up from time to time. We're human.

Old 04-01-2010, 03:45 PM   #33
Sssnakemom31
Christine, thanks for clearing up my identity - LOL!! And for saying you have had positive experiences with Dan.

And I am not negating that there have been people who have not - I well know how the business of buying and selling animals can turn on you through circumstances both in your control and not. And yes, how you handle that is very important.

Because I haven't had it happen, I can't speak from experience, and will do business with Dan as long as it is as good as it has been - which I fully expect to be the case.

Kevin, I understand your point, and I do agree with your premise that a good business person deals with problems professionally and promptly. And nobody is right all the time! But there are people out there who are looking to get something for nothing, and will try to smear someone's name in order to get them to comply with their demands. I have actually had THAT happen to me. And I have taken my share of blame when it was warranted, too. So ... I guess the bottom line is, I only wrote of my experience, and fully expect to have more good ones with Dan.

I'm sorry if others feel differently, but it won't change my own mind.

Kathy Weeks

Old 04-01-2010, 05:54 PM   #34
Southern Wolf
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sssnakemom31 View Post
Because I haven't had it happen, I can't speak from experience, and will do business with Dan as long as it is as good as it has been - which I fully expect to be the case.
This is like playing russian roulette with your cash, animals, and sanity.

Please take the time to read over his threads here. Pay attention to how he responds and acts. Do you really want to subject yourself to that IF something goes wrong with the transaction? There is a reason he is banned from Fauna... and it will become clear if you will take the time to read the threads.

Those of us that refuse to do business with him have had to endure his antics here and witnessed first hand how he conducts himself. I can also guarantee this with certianty... if you tell him your taking something to the BOI you might as well light the fuse on 80 pounds of C4 because thats the size of the bang your about to be subject to.

As you stated.. .you are free to make up your own mind... please use the resources at your fingertips to make an informed decision.

Old 04-01-2010, 07:52 PM   #35
Lucille
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sssnakemom31 View Post
Christine, thanks for clearing up my identity - LOL!! And for saying you have had positive experiences with Dan.
One of y'all pro-Ds vouching for the other pro-D does not make a clearup in my book.

Carry on.

Old 04-02-2010, 02:53 AM   #36
TailsWithScales
Quote:
Originally Posted by lucille View Post
One of y'all pro-Ds vouching for the other pro-D does not make a clearup in my book.

Carry on.
And why wouldn't it?? I'm not a newbie around here and yes I know of Dan's blow up's. My dealings were prior to my using the BOI. I have been lucky. But that doesn't mean I'm going to risk a problem by purchasing from him again.

Yes I 'stuck up for' Kathy purely because I know who she's is and it's not right to just automatically be suspicious of someone just because they've had a good experience with someone bad. Yes she just got lucky and clearly she now understands that.

People shouldn't be so suspicious especially after a long time member is willing to vouch for someone based on the contact I have had with her over the last three months.

Old 04-02-2010, 10:05 PM   #37
lanceheads
Have you had any transactions with Dan, Lucille?

I think everyone knows where I stand on this. My transactions have been excellent. And I'll still purchase snakes from him, if I need them for breeding stock. Maybe I had better "knock, knock, knock,knock,.... on wood" If the time comes when I DO get burned by him, you can bet your bottom dollar, I'll hollar.!

And, of course, I have read every negative post about him, including the many, who way out-number the one's who have NEVER bought a single animal from him. It's okay to assume that someone had a negative transaction with him for WHATEVER reason, to steer clear of him, but it's not okay to assume that someone who's posts a negative transaction with him is always RIGHT or correct. (some folk's can NEVER be satisfied).

Does he handle his reponses correctly? No. He flys off the handle and defends himself in a negative way, and I have told him that many times in the past. However, I have only bought venomous snakes from him, and they were well-represented, and I was happy.

While the BOI is set-up for asking about potential, proven worthy, and proven negative sellers, the majority of posts fall in the negative category about any seller that a customer had a negative transaction with, on any given day, and are quick to give their opinion. Thus, many, who have NEVER bought anything from the seller, jump on the negative bandwagon, for whatever reason they deem fit. Whether they think that "poster" is reliable, a friend, or believe they are telling the truth, or because it's the "popular" thing to do, because EVERYBODY ELSE is doing it.

Now, with that said, tell me about your purchases Lucille?

Randal Berry

Old 04-02-2010, 10:26 PM   #38
Southern Wolf
Randal I dont know if your lumping me into those statements as well (kinda feel you are though)... but as I told ya on the phone.... I wont do business with him because of how he handled himself on here. Im not willing to take the risk that something might go wrong with the shipment. Cause if it did go wrong then it would be my fault and I would just be out scam him because he has had no legitimate complaints. (his words... not mine )

I know that you and him are friends and you want to stand up for a friend. I can respect that. But you yourself states that he doesnt handle things in the best way... and quite frankly I dont want myself or others to be on the other end of how he handles problems.

Old 04-03-2010, 09:26 AM   #39
Sssnakemom31
Thank you, Randal, for your post ... I was starting to think I was the only person here who made decisions based on personal experience ... I appreciate it!

Kathy Weeks

Old 04-03-2010, 11:11 PM   #40
VegasBilly
Some very excellent posts. I used to post about my positive experiences w/Dan but the wrath I incurred from viewers was truly remarkable. I really liked the post a few replies earlier in regards to people who have never even dealt w/Dan jumping on the "anti-Dan" bandwagon. Just my humble opinion but it would seem to me that this forum would be better served if the respondees to a particular inquiry were only from those who had actually dealt w/the person/entity in question. After that aren't the other responses basically heresay? This applies to people/entities beyond Dan Scolaro.

As a glutton for punishment/derision I will state that I too have purchased many animals from Dan..all transactions have been perfect. I also have cautioned him regarding how he responds to complaints but thats his business and all I can do is offer an opinion.

I am also a realist. I know going in I am purchasing imported snakes and the myriad of risks that are inherent is such transactions. My expectations are realistic. If and when a "dispute" arises I personally feel we'll be able to work it out amicably.

For the record (again) I am not Dan Scolaro, I am not a "plant" for Dan Scolaro, nor am I related to him in any way. Please refrain from any personal attacks merely because I offer an opinion contrary to the prevailing mood.

Bill

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!