Did I make a good purchase? - Page 3 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Lizard Discussion Forums > Geckos Discussion Forum

Notices

Old 11-23-2006, 04:17 AM   #21
hhmoore
Joseph,
You appear to have a bit of a chip on your shoulder. I'm not sure why that is, but when you come in here brimming with sarcasm and taking shots at people, you really can't expect most of them to go out of their way to help you.

I happened onto this thread because it was posted in the latest discussions, not because I was scanning the leo forum. It is no secret that I have no interest in them, which is why I made no signficant effort to respond to the first portion of your question. (I did take just a few minutes to look, but quickly lost interest and moved on to other things.) I couldn't even tell you what the average sized adult male is, and I haven't looked at leo pricing since we closed the shop. I hope you get the information you are looking for, but I think you will find this (as any) community more receptive if you lighten up a bit.

Old 11-23-2006, 04:33 AM   #22
edicius
At least that is some form an answer, thanks steve.

Old 11-23-2006, 04:34 AM   #23
edicius
What sarcasm? I used no sarcasm! I asked questions, and you all took it personally.

Old 11-23-2006, 04:52 AM   #24
hhmoore
I took nothing personally. And you are right, you weren't sarcastic, you were being an ass - I was trying to be nice and not say so. My point was that there is no need to conduct yourself like that.

Old 11-23-2006, 04:56 AM   #25
edicius
I was being an ass? ok...I even said i wasn't trying to flame I was just curious before my question. But maybe it your time a month or something. Now thats being an ass.

Old 11-23-2006, 05:17 AM   #26
LadyGecko
I don't know about most people but when I am considering getting a new gecko-i do a lot of looking (breeders sites-classifieds-auctions etc.)-unless i just happen to wander across a pic of someone's babies and one really takes my fancy
You say that you are looking for or inquiring about a normal sized morph that weighs in at over 100 grams
Do you care what age/sex that this gecko is because to reach that weight in a non-giant-you will be buying an adult gecko and most likely a male
I would go to the classifieds section of each website that offers Leos for sale and simply browse what there is for sale
You say that you have already done that but don't you think that the ads can change every single day?
just because you don't see one for sale right now(and it is very possible that no one wants to part with a gecko that size/morph right now) doesn't mean that you won't ever find one
Also-many sites have a "wanted to buy" section
you could post there as to exactly what you are looking for

It is not impossible to find such an animal as there are people selling some of their breeders every season and replacing them with hold backs the next
As to what you would pay-that is a very large variable and would depend solely on what the person selling the animal wanted to get for it
plain and simple-there is no right answer for a price on an animal when the price will differ from person to person depending upon their circumstances
I agree with Steve-if you are happy with the gecko that you get at the price that you paid-they it is a good deal
hope that this helped
Sandy

Old 11-23-2006, 05:37 AM   #27
hhmoore
Quote:
Originally Posted by edicius
I was being an ass? ok...I even said i wasn't trying to flame I was just curious before my question. But maybe it your time a month or something. Now thats being an ass.
snippets from your other posts in this thread:
Quote:
Now if you're done being childish, how about you at least give me an estimate since no one seems to know.
Quote:
did you not read my question?
Quote:
Thanks for nothing.
Quote:
Not of much help.
Quote:
Next time try helping not being an idiot.
Quote:
Please dont give me a bunch of poitntless crap
Quote:
stop being hateful and start being helpful.
Quote:
if you have some useful information please help, otherwise...be quiet.
so, yes, you were being an ass

Old 11-23-2006, 12:54 PM   #28
Great Lakes Reptiles
Quote:
Oh come now, play nice with everyone, you know very-well that your being a jerk (Troll) I have know time for people like yourself.

PS. If your disruptive behavior is do to the fact that you may be a victim/sufferer of "Tourette Syndrome Symptoms" then I do apologize and will make an effort to help you

Old 12-02-2006, 05:02 AM   #29
Sardoniccheese
WOW you guys are jerks.

There isn't a simple answer to the question however.

If you paid a total of 100 I would say yes it was a good deal.
If you paid 100 + shipping then no it wasn't. You should have talked them down to $125 shipped.

Old 12-02-2006, 04:53 PM   #30
BalloonzForU
Quote:
Another question, not trying to flame:

How come most of the posts on this forum are questions that can be answered very easily with google?

If you would have not posted this, the fallowing post with answers you didn't like, would have never been posted.

With that said, I think you over paid.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!