Bad Guy KEN FOOSE EXOTIC PETS - Page 10 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 05-19-2010, 12:17 PM   #91
zzzdanz
Mr. Foose, You sir are a stand up guy in my book.

Old 05-19-2010, 02:15 PM   #92
chongorojo
Wow what great advertising for Ken! (I didn't need it as we have done business in the past and will in the future with no hesitation) I have simply put the OP on my run like He!! from list! Good job Ken now go make some money buddy. Id bet good money the OP has a sexed pair 1.1 of awesome solomon boas and a whole lot of breeders that will NOT SELL TO HER!

Old 05-19-2010, 02:25 PM   #93
R. Eventide
For the record, "palpate" is not limited to feeling for follicles/eggs/etc. Palpate means trying to physically feel for something, whether it be follicles or hemipenes.

Old 05-19-2010, 03:10 PM   #94
DaveyFig
Quote:
Originally Posted by Herp.Herp.Hooray View Post
Not sure if this species can be palpated? If so do a search on how to Palpate, you will know in seconds..
Quote:
Originally Posted by R. Eventide View Post
For the record, "palpate" is not limited to feeling for follicles/eggs/etc. Palpate means trying to physically feel for something, whether it be follicles or hemipenes.
I know very well what palpate means. I was asking what Jason meant by it.He still hasn't replied. There are words that have very broad meanings that take on more specific meanings in a different context over time with continued use. "Palpate" as I mentioned earlier generally means to feel for follicles when discussing stuff in this hobby. Given your loose definition, of course candoia paulsoni can be palpated! There is all kinds of stuff you can feel for, now lets get this thing sexed! I would imagine you could palpate the spurs even! Lets start feeling things.

Now maybe Jason could be more specific (which was all I was asking for), now that we know that palpate just means "feel for something". Thanks for the definition...

Old 05-19-2010, 04:29 PM   #95
R. Eventide
I'm sorry, but it seemed pretty obvious to me that no one here realized that palpating can be used for more than follicles/eggs, which is why I gave the general definition. I thought he was pretty clear that he meant palpate as a way of sexing. I've heard of it before, though I'm not sure on what species it works.

Old 05-19-2010, 04:30 PM   #96
Southern Wolf
Quote:
Originally Posted by jennilyn View Post
You said it MISTAKE.Now why would I want to spend my time ,money and effort fixing someone elses mistake.I know jack about shipping animals.It was winter.They had a hard enuf time just making it this far.I dont happen to have a box of hot and cold packs just kicking around.Perhaps you think I should just order some of those too.
Ummm you said it was winter... as in... like at least 2-3 months ago? Did you even try to work something out with Ken? I have done business with him in the past and he is very easy to work with.... and I will be doing business with him again in the future.

Old 05-19-2010, 04:41 PM   #97
goReptiles
Ken, despite the intent of this thread, you've made yourself out to be a good guy. You've done everything right in this situation.

Whoever the OP did business with and got a free snake for nothing, I'd like to do business with him/her. Ha. I've never experienced that. The only thing I've ever heard of, is breeders sending free reptiles to replace a DOA.

Old 05-19-2010, 04:52 PM   #98
garweft
Just so everyone is up to speed on her intent, here are some of her posts from the KS Candoia forum......

Reading it seems she also has misplaced anger about other poor deals and feels like taking it out on the one person who was more than willing to correct any possible mistakes.

Quote:
HI JERRY, Started a thread on fauna classifieds board of Inc.I got burned a few months ago by ken foosj-exotc pets(sent me a male after I allready bought a male from him)supposed to send a female Its getting pretty popular still near the top.Anyway I thought you should read some of it as you are mentioned.Also since we dont know each other you could give me your real opinion.I'm kinda new to mail order snakes.Everyone there seems to think Im in the wrong.Thanks Jenni
Quote:
Hey Helen,THANK YOU-again.I'm not concerned.I've been trying to assemble some snakes to breed in the future.So I've bought almost every solomon island ground offered for sale on kingsnake in the last four months(maybe all of them)except the rest of Ken's.And I expect problems when getting them,and have not been disapointed.Once I figure how to post pictures,you'll see what I mean.Like supposed cb animals arriving covered in weird looking ticks.Seller photos posed so you cant see the missing tail.I have another suposed hold back "baby" thats three feet long and I'm pretty sure carried around by a dog,also with ticks and mites,broken ribs puncture wounds-really like a dog had it.Two males instead of 1.1-Literally everyone has pulled something except one guy,who was a private seller.So I'm kinda over it.I only posted that stuff about Ken to piss him off,like he pissed me off.Not to resolve anything.I couldnt care less about the money,I just wanted him to know that I know hes a scammer.As for all his snake dealing buddies well lets just say It attracts a certain type.Maybe thats what it takes to keep these pittiful little buisnesses going in todays economy.I dont know. Sorry if this sounds harsh ,but its the truth.REALLY THANKS SO MUCH/
Quote:
Hey Jerry,Hi I'm not at all trying to drag you into this.I did want you to know that I referenced the Candoia Page in responce to someone telling me all boas have "spurs" and that I must be very inexperienced.I was just having fun with some guy that ripped me off by selling me a male as a female like I was to stupid to notice.I'm sick of getting burned.These were all folks on kingsnake though.I really apriceate(i cant spell in case you hav'nt noticed)you getting back to me and for writing the candoia book in the first place its grate.And yes what a bunch of crazys I've never seen anything quite like that before,still tons of fun making them freak out.Thank you again ever so much.JENNI/

Old 05-19-2010, 04:58 PM   #99
Southern Wolf
Quote:
Originally Posted by jennilyn View Post
Hello everyone,I orderd a solomon island boa about week before I ordered this one Im complaining about.The first one was a male so I wanted a female to go with it.I doubt any of you would be happy about it if it happened to you.I just want what I paid for and no I dont think thats asking too much.
Nope...not too much to ask at all... you should get what you paid for

BUT!!!!!

Quote:
Yes I've ordered 1.1 and gotten 2.0 before and never heard of shipping them back,they allways just apollogised and sent out what I ordered,letting me keep the mistake snake for free because it was they're mistake.I think this is just good buisness.In my first post I stated this is just my opinion.
This is getting more than you paid for..... ALOT MORE.

Most shippers will tell you to send the snake back at their expenses... then they will ship out the correct sex. From what I am seeing... you didn't even give Ken a chance to make this right. You just waited several months then decided to make a bad guy thread against him.

Here's a thought for you to ponder.

Not even remembering the shipment (OR asking for proof he sent it) but telling you to send it back for a full refund = GOOD GUY

Old 05-19-2010, 04:58 PM   #100
DaveyFig
Quote:
Originally Posted by R. Eventide View Post
I'm sorry, but it seemed pretty obvious to me that no one here realized that palpating can be used for more than follicles/eggs, which is why I gave the general definition. I thought he was pretty clear that he meant palpate as a way of sexing. I've heard of it before, though I'm not sure on what species it works.
Pretty obvious that nobody knew what palpating is? Two people commented on palpating. One was me. See?!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveyFig View Post
Perhaps by palpate, what was meant was the method of sexing some boa species accurately using a rubbing method. I have never heard it referred to as palpating, although I guess technically it could be.
And that was in response to this.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skiploder View Post
You mean like checking the reproductive condition of female snakes by palpating the abdomen?

I thought that was only useful in feeling for ovarian follicles and uterine eggs............How is the useful in sexing a snake?
It was not clear, and still is not. I too have heard of palpating to determine gender. I use it for Colombian boas, Kenyan sand boas, and rosy boas. I have just never called that palpating, simply because if I asked "Did you palpate it to know for sure its a female?" people would assume that I was asking them to check for something different, as the method of sexing boas by feel is fairly new. It was only a few (maybe 3?)years ago that people were still popping and probing those poor bci.

Again, I am asking JASON..what did you mean by palpate?

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!