Bad Guy KEN FOOSE EXOTIC PETS - Page 3 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 05-18-2010, 07:53 PM   #21
jennilyn
Hi ,This was candoia paulsoni not some boa constrictor I suggest you visit JERRY CONWAYS CANDOIA PAGE .Just google candoia page.NO candoia females have "spurs"-claws is more accurate IMO.Spurs are what cowboys wear on theyre heels.Dumerals can also be reliably be sexed this way along with others/

Old 05-18-2010, 07:55 PM   #22
ozz465
Quote:
Originally Posted by jennilyn View Post
Hi ,This was candoia paulsoni not some boa constrictor I suggest you visit JERRY CONWAYS CANDOIA PAGE .Just google candoia page.NO candoia females have "spurs"-claws is more accurate IMO.Spurs are what cowboys wear on theyre heels.Dumerals can also be reliably be sexed this way along with others/
Did you try to get a refund or snake exchanged? if it is the wrong sex get your money back .

Old 05-18-2010, 07:55 PM   #23
Ken Foose
Hi. I don't really recall the transaction, but I think I would have, since I don't respond well to be calling dude. I don't remember talking to them at all. Might have, might not have. I have Mad Cow disease, so it's hard for me to remember things sometimes. Anyway, I would not have probed a Solomon ground boa, as it's easy to visually sex them. However, if by chance my ailment hit as I was sexing it, and it's the wrong snake, I would be more then happy to have it sent back at my expense for a full refund to the card they purchased it with. That's the best I can do. I can say, since I don't recall any of this, that it's been some time since I sent out the boa. Makes me kinda wonder if it's the same one, but I'll give them the benefit of a doubt.

Old 05-18-2010, 07:57 PM   #24
brd7666
Quote:
They happen to be called SPURS, not claws. You were kind enough to inform of this earlier. Why can't you answer the question, and here it is again.

Did you start this thread before you told him there was a problem?

Old 05-18-2010, 08:00 PM   #25
Ken Foose
Davey contacted me about this thread. The OP did not. And, although once again I don't clearly recall, it sounds like I told them to send it back for a full refund some time ago. Not sure that makes me a bad guy.

Old 05-18-2010, 08:03 PM   #26
deborahbroadus
I fail to see the problem. Ken said to send it back and he would reimburse their credit card (am I correct?) so where is the problem?

Totally unnecessary post. IMO, the OP needs to ship the snake back and then if Ken does not make good, they can come back and take up their "sword" again...perhaps this time they will actually CUT something other than themselves.

PS. OP get the details of shipping, who pays, etc ironed out BEFORE you ship the animal back.

Old 05-18-2010, 08:03 PM   #27
DaveyFig
Quote:
Hey everyone,No e-mails -we called Ken he said he probed it personally and that it was female-we said come-on dude its got obvious claws-he said just ship it back and we'ii fix up your card.
So is this a good guy thread?

Got pics of the animal? Ken doesn't remember this deal or talking to you, but is willing to refund. Pics might jog his memory.

Got pics of the spurs? Even though Ken trusts your word, it would be nice to see them

Date of purchase?

Have you shipped the snake back and Ken hasn't "fixed up your card"?

Old 05-18-2010, 08:19 PM   #28
Iguanachic
Why, why, why, why do people jump the gun??? Why is someone a bad guy for *possibly* making a mistake? Ughhh!!!!

Old 05-18-2010, 08:26 PM   #29
brd7666
Quote:
Originally Posted by deborahbroadus View Post
I fail to see the problem. Ken said to send it back and he would reimburse their credit card (am I correct?) so where is the problem?

Totally unnecessary post. IMO, the OP needs to ship the snake back and then if Ken does not make good, they can come back and take up their "sword" again...perhaps this time they will actually CUT something other than themselves.

PS. OP get the details of shipping, who pays, etc ironed out BEFORE you ship the animal back.
I think we all fail to see the problem. The OP is not answering my question as to whether or not she started this without contacting the seller first. I am not sure what is safe to say about the OP, but I believe not the maturest of people is probably safe to say.

Quote:
I suggest to take your own advise and read it yourself. Then you will see they are called spurs. I posted it in an earlier post I made, but to save you the trouble, I will post it again, just for you. It is in blue.

Sexing

One of the easiest aspects of Candoia husbandry is the ease of sexing your specimens. There is never a need to probe or pop any Candoia species. To sex any specimen, just look for spurs or absence of spurs on either side of the vent. Male Candoia of all species have very large hooks for spurs. Females have no spurs at all. It is very easy to see provided you are looking in the correct place. All male Candoia are smaller than females. It is especially noticeable in Paulsoni, where most males are dwarfed by females that may be 10 times larger and heavier.

Old 05-18-2010, 08:35 PM   #30
jennilyn
You said it MISTAKE.Now why would I want to spend my time ,money and effort fixing someone elses mistake.I know jack about shipping animals.It was winter.They had a hard enuf time just making it this far.I dont happen to have a box of hot and cold packs just kicking around.Perhaps you think I should just order some of those too.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!