female crested geckos bin in lay box for 4 days - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Lizard Discussion Forums > Geckos Discussion Forum

Notices

Old 02-18-2013, 04:07 AM   #1
bigindo's
female crested geckos bin in lay box for 4 days

Hi anyone reading this I have a 41 gram crested gecko, that's layed before. She has bin in her lay box for 4 days now. she bin under the moss since the first night I can see part of in there. I just want to know how long till I should get worried or what i should do i don't want to mess with her now that she's in there. i also don't want her egg bound and dieing either so any info from anyone would be great Im starting to worry

Old 02-18-2013, 04:10 AM   #2
bigindo's
Oh for got to say this is my first time breeding crested geckos. I've bred Leo's before but I just feel 4 nights no eggs and not making a nest anymore something is wrong

Old 02-18-2013, 12:56 PM   #3
bigindo's
So no one can help me out here!! I really need help

Old 02-18-2013, 04:24 PM   #4
312Herps
how do you know she hasn't laid if you haven't checked in the laybox ? and am i correct she hasn't moved in 4 days? i'd check her out regardless of what she's doing. maybe she's just going in there to sleep and hide , please post Clear photos of your enclosure and maybe some people here may be able to assist. Btw you may want to give a bit better history and info on your gecko such as diet , how do you know she's gravid if you've never bred them before? humidity , temps night/day . might get a few more responses .

Old 02-18-2013, 05:38 PM   #5
bigindo's
Ok I'll post pics of the set in a few but she's in a 18x18x24" exoterra with a male and another female there over a year old and have lived together all there lives I know she's gravid cuz of the 2 huge egg .shaped bulges in her belly and that she layed 2 duds 4-5 weeks ago she and her cage mates eat cgd and mealworms and reaches about every2 weeks always dusted there about 10 fake planets in the cage the wall ones a water fall they can hide behind and a fogger I put of for about a half hour away the a light misting in the morning and a heavy mist a night there air temps stay from 79-75 in the middle of the exoterra in the day and at night drops to 72-75 again that's air temp humidty stays around 50-60 during the day at when i do the big mist at night it will go to 75%

Old 02-18-2013, 06:27 PM   #6
bigindo's
cage pics

shes bin eating fine on cgd then one night she went in her lay box dug a hole an this was 4 days ago. she always was the first to the bowl to eat. i own many other reptiles such as leo's, ball, gila and beaded lizrads i also have 6 foot male black throat im not a noob to keeping reptiles but i am a noob to breeding crested geckos i pulled her out as (312herp said to do even tho i dont think that was a good thing to do) but he go me worried anyway there was no egg all i want to know is whats the longest someone has had a crested gecko in a lay box for thats it i know how heat feed cage and handle my reptiles i just need that one this anser thanks
Attached Images

Old 02-18-2013, 08:23 PM   #7
bigindo's
So is anyone able to tell me how long there crested geckos stay in the lay box before laying please any one!!

Old 02-18-2013, 08:40 PM   #8
rcarichter
This can vary greatly. I have one girl, that I've mentioned in other threads, that will dig for a couple of weeks, then emerge, and lay her eggs in a paper towel tube. This will be her 4th year of consistently laying in this manner. Several days of digging is not cause for alarm. On the other hand, some seem to walk across their enclosure, laying as they go.

One thing you do need to watch for is egg binding. Keep an eye on her, and if she appears to be trying unsuccessfully to push the egg out for long periods of time (days), then you have a problem that requires a vet. But as long as she's just digging, I wouldn't worry.

Noelle

Old 02-18-2013, 10:51 PM   #9
bigindo's
Thanks you

Old 02-19-2013, 04:16 AM   #10
bigindo's
Oh sorry one more thing she wasn't digging anymore she was just in the lay box lying there so i took 312herps advice and looked for eggs there where non and she did move so i picked her up and she seems fine she eat a mealworm I put her back in her cage she hung out for awhile then right back to the lay box and dug in Im guessing she almost ready to lay? She was eating her cgd and worms like crazy before she started digging so i don't think she's sick or anything and her 2 cage mates are acting normal the other female is gravid aswell but not as pear shaped as the one in the lay box

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!