Fauna, the BOI, and Favouritism... - Page 12 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Admin Area > FaunaClassifieds Site HELP & Feedback Forum

Notices

FaunaClassifieds Site HELP & Feedback Forum Anything of a nature concerning this website, moderators, admin, or anything having to do with how it is being run, should go here. Criticism is welcome, but abusive antagonism is not. THIS IS NOT THE FORUM FOR FEEDBACK CONCERNING BUYERS AND SELLERS! Such posts are ONLY allowed as replies to classified ads posted by the specific member involved in a specific issue with you.

Old 05-09-2005, 04:12 PM   #111
Zx7trev
karen

Your response following my qoute doens't answer anything I said.

"New member? You've been on this site longer than me. It's your own fault (and choice BTW)if you chose not to participate. I do agree that someone who just joined or doesn't post much tends to get ignored. But you have to plug along and eventually someone will talk with you. It's kinda like starting at a new school. At first everyone ignores you but they warm up with time. Now that I think about it every question I've asked on the forums has been answered, even when I was a "newbie". So I can't say I've truly been ignored, now can I? I bet you weren't ignored either. See I'm not ignoring you."

I never said anything about being ignored. What I said was that you are more likely to be treated harshly when you are not in agreement with the powers that be here. People respond to me all the time when I post. Thats not the issue. The issue is that the more popular you are here, the less likely you are to be attacked for voicing your opinion when it doens't mesh with the in crowd here.
Example, since so many of you are into examples. Some time ago, I took a position defending a few of the shipping practices of a member here, because I had seen them for myself, and they worked well for him and for me. But, becuase they were not the way everyone is used to seeing them packaged, he was attacked. When I tried to defend his position, you should have seen how many negative points, or whatever the rating system is that you guys use here. I even got an email flame from one of the in crowd here. Its absoulutley intimidating to come here, and there absolutely is a mob mentality. Make no mistake about it.

S~

Old 05-09-2005, 04:25 PM   #112
robin d.
hey lucille, will you mind answering my posts above? i would really rather discuss this more indepth to some sort of conclusion... and the relivance or irrelivance of my giving you point... what it that you actually got mad because i soke the truth and sometimes its hard to accept or maybe my obcenities and vulgarities... also some of the other questions pertaining to the whole favoritism thing regaurdless of the ray g thread of poopy, urates and mites (i wonder if he has his very own brand?)cuz trust me this thread aint all about ray g... however some people cant seen to see past that and see the over all picture

it's rather entertaining to see you avoid both mine and kellis post after you started slingin the poo, but ya cant handle it when its slung back eh?

Old 05-09-2005, 04:39 PM   #113
Lucille
Robin: what you wrote me was rude and uncalled for and you are correct, I will rise above it and after this post will never respond to it again.
There are times when discretion is the better part of valor and that time is now, for me. If you are spoiling for a fight, go pick on someone who wants one; I will not fight with you.
I can love you as a Fauna member, I can, like the rest of the board, feel good when your dog made it through a difficult time; but Robin, you were uncouth, and spoke in the spirit of hostility, and I refuse to promote that sort of response.
When disagreements are unavoidable or inevitable they should be done with a problem solving approach.
What we need to do in the reptile world, what with all the restrictions and laws and scams going down, is emphasize our strengths and commonalities rather than stir up hostilities and differences.

Old 05-09-2005, 04:39 PM   #114
Karen Hulvey
Thank you for enlightening me, Shawn.

Old 05-09-2005, 04:44 PM   #115
Rebel Dragons
Quote:
Originally Posted by lucille
What we need to do in the reptile world, what with all the restrictions and laws and scams going down, is emphasize our strengths and commonalities rather than stir up hostilities and differences.
I agree 100% You and Robin can sling poo to your both brown and smelly. At the end of the day we are all here to promote, enhance and enjoy the reptile community. Because all other "poo" aside, that is really why we are all here.

Old 05-09-2005, 05:00 PM   #116
robin d.
Quote:
Originally Posted by lucille
Robin: what you wrote me was rude and uncalled for and you are correct, I will rise above it and after this post will never respond to it again.
There are times when discretion is the better part of valor and that time is now, for me. If you are spoiling for a fight, go pick on someone who wants one; I will not fight with you.
I can love you as a Fauna member, I can, like the rest of the board, feel good when your dog made it through a difficult time; but Robin, you were uncouth, and spoke in the spirit of hostility, and I refuse to promote that sort of response.
When disagreements are unavoidable or inevitable they should be done with a problem solving approach.
i feel that rocky song coming on...
thing is lucille... i want to see my graphically nasty and Vulgar comment... see funny how a couple days later it's just rude and hostility (whcih i doubt even hostile). in this instance discretion (on your part) is being a coward, maybe being a weiner or wuss... whatever you want to call it

i appreciate the support when pickles was sick but this is not about that... and honestly i really dont need anymore lovin i got plenty thank you .... all disagereements can not be solved... i mean ok some people react to non confrontational comunication however for some it just doesnt get through that thick skull and thats when the bluntness needs to come out(and oddly just to get a point enough)

and yes the reptile comunity needs to come together however first you need to educate yourself on your animals you keep and how to responsibly handle them and care for them and know your local,state and federal laws also CITES
it's not just about hugs and kisses and love... its about education and awareness

Old 05-09-2005, 05:13 PM   #117
Wilomn
Quote:
Originally Posted by robin s.
hey lucille, will you mind answering my posts above? i would really rather discuss this more indepth to some sort of conclusion... and the relivance or irrelivance of my giving you point... what it that you actually got mad because i soke the truth and sometimes its hard to accept or maybe my obcenities and vulgarities... also some of the other questions pertaining to the whole favoritism thing regaurdless of the ray g thread of poopy, urates and mites (i wonder if he has his very own brand?)cuz trust me this thread aint all about ray g... however some people cant seen to see past that and see the over all picture

it's rather entertaining to see you avoid both mine and kellis post after you started slingin the poo, but ya cant handle it when its slung back eh?
And at the end of that thread, when misunderstandings had been talked over, if I'm referrig to the same thread you are, WHAT then was the outcome?

I believe it was all to the better, was it not? And if it was, that sort takes the wind out of your sails, does it not? Which, in a round about way, puts it right back in your sails here as you are now being supported about the lack of support you initially, but not eternally, recieved.

A line about having it, and eating it too comes to mind right now. Ooops, there goes that wind again. Fickle, ain't it?

Old 05-09-2005, 05:14 PM   #118
Wilomn
Well THAT was the wrong quote, darn computer, or darn me, or darn both of us. Let me try again.

Old 05-09-2005, 05:20 PM   #119
Wilomn
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zx7trev
Your response following my qoute doens't answer anything I said.

"New member? You've been on this site longer than me. It's your own fault (and choice BTW)if you chose not to participate. I do agree that someone who just joined or doesn't post much tends to get ignored. But you have to plug along and eventually someone will talk with you. It's kinda like starting at a new school. At first everyone ignores you but they warm up with time. Now that I think about it every question I've asked on the forums has been answered, even when I was a "newbie". So I can't say I've truly been ignored, now can I? I bet you weren't ignored either. See I'm not ignoring you."

I never said anything about being ignored. What I said was that you are more likely to be treated harshly when you are not in agreement with the powers that be here. People respond to me all the time when I post. Thats not the issue. The issue is that the more popular you are here, the less likely you are to be attacked for voicing your opinion when it doens't mesh with the in crowd here.
Example, since so many of you are into examples. Some time ago, I took a position defending a few of the shipping practices of a member here, because I had seen them for myself, and they worked well for him and for me. But, becuase they were not the way everyone is used to seeing them packaged, he was attacked. When I tried to defend his position, you should have seen how many negative points, or whatever the rating system is that you guys use here. I even got an email flame from one of the in crowd here. Its absoulutley intimidating to come here, and there absolutely is a mob mentality. Make no mistake about it.

S~

Quote:
Originally Posted by wilomn
And at the end of that thread, when misunderstandings had been talked over, if I'm referrig to the same thread you are, WHAT then was the outcome?

I believe it was all to the better, was it not? And if it was, that sort takes the wind out of your sails, does it not? Which, in a round about way, puts it right back in your sails here as you are now being supported about the lack of support you initially, but not eternally, recieved.

A line about having it, and eating it too comes to mind right now. Ooops, there goes that wind again. Fickle, ain't it?
That should make a little more sense.

Old 05-09-2005, 05:50 PM   #120
ToshaMc
Talking Imho

This place should be called the Board of Inquisition not the Board of Inquiry. A person shouldn't have to sift through pages and pages of petty BS and personal attacks from people that have no first hand knowledge of a situation in order to get to the pertinant information. I have done a lot of business with many people that are dam near worshipped on this board and the service they've provided has been less than steller. I've also done business with people that this board has crusified and have received good service. Everything does not have to be an arguement and not everyone is guilty until proven otherwise. Yes everyone is entitled to have and express their opinion but come on you don't have to express your opinion on every single matter and if your only goal is to see how many people you can flame today you need to get a life. Forgive me if I'm wrong but wasn't this board created to help people?!

Tosha McClintock

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!