Bad Guy Snakes at Sunset (Miami) - Page 5 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 03-20-2010, 01:14 AM   #41
Paul Kent
Quote:
Originally Posted by hupababy_83 View Post
.... are they really that ginormous?!
They can be. Especially if they've been sitting there feeding.

Old 03-20-2010, 01:16 AM   #42
LauraB
Quote:
They look way too big to be mites to me. Could they be ticks??
I agree. Way too big unless they're mites on steroids! And yeah, definitely lose the shed in the enclosure ... especially when that snake should be quarantined in the first place and not a conduit for parasite transportation, nor a conversation piece.

Old 03-20-2010, 01:23 AM   #43
hupababy_83
Oh that poor baby! Makes me itch! They look big enough to PICK off so why is no one picking? Thank you someone for me never dealing with those.

Now S@S I just don't understand why you would leave a dirty shed in a tank with a new import. Couldn't the scent stress the new snake for one? I ask because I would never do that and I'm still a weebit new, but I try to give all my snakes clean safe and non stressing environments. Smelling another snake in my home would stress me out after being in a box!

Old 03-20-2010, 01:24 AM   #44
ReptileAddictions
I have never seen wc long term mites. But mites in general grow as they gorge. It's safe to assume those are very fat and happy mites.

On a lighter note " holy cow mom look it's a yellow snake in a smiley face" is usually the eye catcher at my store! No shed needed! On a serious note I wouldn't want to use gimicks to try to sell a condro to someone who doesn't know has never seen a shed.

Again, my input in this thread is the same as above .... The husbandry and quarantine. You thought I had purcahsed from you before, if I would now would be based solely how you responded here about your husbandry and quarantine.

Besides a store with 250000 worth of animals I have a house, if I have a problem I take it home where the collection I can't afford to replace is not in jeopardy!

Old 03-20-2010, 03:51 AM   #45
IvoryExotics
Sorry, I have not had a chance to get back on til now. If anyone has any other questions for me Im more than happy to answer.

Quote:
First off, you were told that the snake just arrived and was going to be treated.
No, you told me a customer dropped him off. Thats it. I assumed it had been a while because there were two sheds in the cage and I highly doubt you transferred the snake and both sheds into the cage. You also specifically said he was for sale, as is.

Quote:
Second that is why he was alone and seperate from the rest of the for sale in the store.
No he wasnt, he wasnt more than 5 feet from other animals in the store. That is not separate.

Quote:
We cannot help that, but to treat the animal, and fix it up.
That is a great thing to do, but an animal in that condition should not be for sale. The cage was clearly marked Sorong, $300.

Quote:
Cause it is funny when we have one snake per display enclosure, and max 2-3 baby beardeds? Was the 20 long with 4 banded baby uromastyx "crammed" ?
Per display enclosure, but there were multiple cages of animals for sale that were crammed. Also note, I did not say ALL.

Quote:
Because your accusations are 100% false and you know it. Simple as that.
You even went OUT OF YOUR WAY to say we are selling it as is, that is why it is cheap? The only words out of your mouth were, the green tree python has mites, and we responded with , yes we know, he is being treated. You never said a word as you said that while leaving, and that is that. Please do not LIE and post correct facts.
I am repeated exactly what you said, maybe it just sounds worse when typed?

Quote:
You use provent a mite/black night on chondros and you signed their death warrant.
I disagree, Ive used provent a mite with gtps and other delicate snakes. This post is not that you had mites in your store, it is that you were willingly selling untreated snakes.

Quote:
It just really amazes me how someone can take the time to make a post about mites on a GTP. You know what, shit happens. I've gotten mites from some of the biggest Boid breeders out there and do you see me make a crybaby post about it? Nope, I simply treat the snake as it's quarantine anyways and move on.
One or two mites, I would agree with you. This was much more than that. With the mites and plus the shed it was obvious it was not being treated (and if the shed was left over from a previous snake I dont even want to talk about sanitation issues).

Quote:
All in all, get a life and do something worthwhile to protect the hobby instead of bringing up a ridiculous post for no reason.
I am. Im hoping that if nothing less, now at least the animal is getting treated. Healthy animals are the hobby.

Quote:
My only questions are whether or not the snake was actually for sale in that condition (which would be ridiculous, and would be a reference to the quality of the rest of your animals), what kind of quarantine system do you have in place (because it affects the health of your other animals), and lastly, why in Gods name would you house in plain sight in that condition (not my business really but Im curious anyways)?
As far as I know, the snake was for sale (as I said in the first post, I was specifically told the snake was being sold as is...so I assumed that really meant as is).

Old 03-20-2010, 04:44 AM   #46
Utta
Quote:
Originally Posted by KelliH View Post
They look way too big to be mites to me. Could they be ticks??
it looks like its the colour of the scale from the pic. the mites the OP could have seen may not have been captured in the pic it self, but Mike has admitted there are mites on the GTP.

Old 03-20-2010, 04:50 AM   #47
IvoryExotics
Unfortunately for the snake, all of the black spots are mites. The snake had no black scales that I could see.

Old 03-20-2010, 07:59 AM   #48
chris allen
I've never seen mites that big. It looks like black speckling on the python?

Old 03-20-2010, 09:24 AM   #49
Snakesatsunset
Your lying about several things, the one that quirks me the most is the "as is". We dont sell snakes "as is" ever, and would never tell someone that.

Second, you know excatly where the snake is, and you know the only thing in that entire room is a burmese. You are forgetting to put the animal in the right place. You kow it, and are just pissed about something so are making things up.

Who ever said the shed was his shed? Like I said before it looks cool. Was not the MITE snakes shed. We have 2 other sorong chondros, one was which on display in that tank, and we took out to puut hte mite infested one in so it wouldnt spread mites everywhere. Understand? Or is that too complicated. Sheesh! lol. This is getting ridiculous.

Facts:
Snake had mites
SNAKE GOT THERE not too long before you did.
Snake was taken out of tree trunk, and replaced with mite filled snake to keep it sepereate from our for sale stock on the floor more then 20ft away, and the back room with our extra for sale stuff.
Snake has been treated, and so has tree trunk.
Mites nor any bug can travel in our store cause we are anal about it. We spray all corners, edges, crevices with prytherin. The only sectiont hat doesnt get sprayed is under the counter where we keep crickets.

Youve made the story distort itself so that your able to keep it posted. You never tried a transaction with us, nor were in any dealings with us. You straight out are lying about what you talked about with us by mentioning the snake had mites, and getting the response you claim you did which you didnt. You are also lying about "Cramped" cages. All our displays for lizards have only one in them, unless something small, so there are 4-5 animals. Like baby beardeds.

You also claim emaciated snakes, dirty cages, etc, which YOU know are all FALSE as can be. Ill post pics today to prove it. Animals can be clean one minute and dirty the next, when we notice, we go clean it. Simple as that.
YOUR LYING. We never offered him to you for sale, nor to anybody else. Never said sold as is, and never ever would sell a snake like that to anyone.

You have something against us for some reason so be it. But to lie and make stuff up? Ridiculous.

Old 03-20-2010, 09:29 AM   #50
Snakesatsunset
hupbaby- not really, snakes can actually be quite curious. Another snake shed might make it inquisitive and show you some neat behaviors. I do not recomend using a different snake shed though, we leave them with the snake that had it.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!