Bad Guy Underground Reptiles Stay away!! - Page 2 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 10-09-2014, 04:19 PM   #11
Craig Wyatt
I've watched the show 20 mins underground a bunch of times. The owner Ryan says all the time that it pisses him off when people say that he is all about the money and less about the animals. I mean COME ON. These are $20 geckos that they are sending out sick and and they are blaming you for them sexing the one gecko incorrectly. Give me a break. They have been around for years. It's obvious they are never going to get it right. As long as we keep lining his pockets with $100 bills he will continue to sell us sick, diseased and half dead animals.
Ryan you need to replace those geckos and suck up the shipping cost. All your trying to do is to get him to buy something else so he has to pay for the shipping then you will replace your mistakes.
********UNDERGROUND REPTILES IS ALL ABOUT THE MONEY!!! ********
There TOS is designed to screw you out of your money!!!

Old 10-09-2014, 04:30 PM   #12
Will0W783
I had a pretty good experience with Underground Reptiles earlier this year. I bought a few of their rhinoceros viper babies. I knew I was buying imported, farmed animals, and they shipped them in very damp containers, but the snakes are doing great. I had a few issues with the flights getting them shipped, and the guy I spoke to on the phone was very helpful and kept in touch. He even called me later in the night to make sure the snakes had arrived safely and that I was happy. Overall, I was impressed with the service and my purchase from them.

I hadn't read anything either way about them before my order, so maybe I was just lucky. But I'm happy with my rhinos and they are growing like weeds.

Old 10-09-2014, 06:37 PM   #13
guyanabill
Underground was told about the sexing mistake as soon as it was noticed and really why would a time frame even matter, the animal was sold as a sexed female and turned out male, isn't that grounds enough for a replacement animal to be sent with shipping costs both ways covered since its their mistake? The fact that the animal was garaunteed a female and wasn't should trump and timeframe written into a TOS.

Old 10-09-2014, 07:59 PM   #14
Craig Wyatt
Bill. You said that perfectly. What's funny is they see it differently. That's because ITS ALL ABOUT THE MONEY!!!!! Underground only cares about 1 thing. THE MONEY!!!! As long as it makes it to you with a few breaths left in its body then basically there done with you.

Old 10-09-2014, 08:28 PM   #15
Lucille
One would think that after a recent, highly publicized thread Underground would not risk another Bad Guy thread over a twenty dollar lizard or two.
I'm with the OP here, if a lizard does not show physical signs of being a male for a few weeks, how could Underground be notified immediately.

When the OP first went to order she was told that there were no females. I'm wondering if this was a setup, whether Underground knew that the OP would not be able to tell for a few weeks and just sent whatever they had around, knowing that time and TOS would shaft her if they made an error.

Recent thread:
http://www.faunaclassifieds.com/foru...d.php?t=500292

Rian,

Send this customer two nice female geckoes and pay the shipping. A reasonably priced way to show that customer service at Underground is not completely dead. You need to turn your rep around here.

Old 10-09-2014, 08:29 PM   #16
Skinker
Underground's TOS, found at http://undergroundreptiles.com/terms-and-conditions/, is worded in a way that they can weasel out of almost any responsibility in most foul outcomes. My advice is to cut your losses and look for females elsewhere, they're just trying to keep you on the hook with their store credit.

That said, they actually do not have a time limit listed for contacting them regarding wrongly sexed animals. If you in fact received a 100% sex guarantee they owed you credit on the second male regardless of time elapsed. Just don't expect them to cover shipping. Even if the mistake is 100% theirs the cost of fixing it comes straight from the customer's pocket.
Quote:
* We cannot be held responsible for shipping charges incurred for upholding our guarantee; they are the responsibility of you, the buyer. We do not offer credits or refunds on shipping for replacement animals.

Of course, if you did not get them to actually say that they guaranteed the sex on these geckos they could have easily used the wording on their TOS to wiggle out of owing you anything
Quote:
* Underground Reptiles will do their best to sex your animal using our experience but we cannot guarantee the sex on any animal unless otherwise specified.
but I suspect this card is reserved for more expensive purchases. As it is, they're surely still in the green with your order as they so cleverly are never responsible for shipping costs.

Here are their terms in full, cut and pasted straight from http://undergroundreptiles.com/terms-and-conditions/ - customer beware.
Quote:
*Note that your failure to read our terms and conditions, whether intentional or accidental will under no circumstances be reason to consider them altered or void.

* Underground Reptiles ships during the week Monday-Thursday with the exception of holidays.

* Underground Reptiles has a no refund policy for all retail and wholesale orders. However we will offer store credit.

* In some instances, if a refund is granted, a 15% restocking fee may apply.

* Underground Reptiles does not guarantee live arrival on inverts or amphibians.

* Underground Reptiles will do their best to sex your animal using our experience but we cannot guarantee the sex on any animal unless otherwise specified.

* Underground Reptiles ships Fed-Ex priority overnight. We do not ship venomous snakes via Fed-Ex. Please do not ask. Mammals are shipped airport to airport via commercial airlines according to IATA regulations. Airline rates do apply. There is sometimes an additional fee for boxing and/or health certificate.

* The buyer must be present to receive the package on the first delivery attempt or all guarantees are void.

* Live and visibly healthy arrival is only guaranteed when shipping temperatures at both ends are between 35° – 90°F for home delivery and 25F° – 99F° for having the animal shipped to a Fed-Ex facility for pick up. We will still guarantee the animal if you opt to have the package held at a Fed-Ex facility for pick up however the animal must be picked up within 4 hours of arrival at the Fed-Ex facility or all guarantees are void. Otherwise, we can hold the animal(s) at our facility until temperatures are safe for shipping.

* We are not responsible for carrier delays or mishandling resulting in DOA* animals.

* All animals have a live and healthy arrival guarantee. We cannot offer any guarantee after the arrival.

* We cannot be held responsible for shipping charges incurred for upholding our guarantee; they are the responsibility of you, the buyer. We do not offer credits or refunds on shipping for replacement animals.

* If the animal(s) is dead or not visibly healthy upon arrival the customer must notify Underground Reptiles of the deceased or unhealthy animal immediately upon receiving the animal(s). The arrival time will be determined by the tracking information Fed-Ex provides online of the delivery. If the first attempt of delivery is missed then all live and visibly health arrival guarantees are null and void. An email with a photo attached of the actual animal must be emailed within one hour of arrival or all guarantees are null and void.

* We reserve the right to refuse sale to any buyer, for any reason. Sorry, no sales to minors. Proof of age may be required at our discretion.

* Underground Reptiles is not responsible for any veterinary expenses or costs incurred by the buyer for any animal. If you take any animal to a veterinarian, you do so entirely at your own expense.

* Photos and requests: The animals pictured on our web site may or may not be the actual animal available. The photos do represent the species, and the health and quality of the animals we ship. We can send more pictures of any animal you are interested in by contacting us.

* Photos, descriptions and care sheets posted on our web site are the exclusive property of Underground Reptiles, and may not be used or reused without our specific, written permission.

* In accordance with FDA regulations, turtles and tortoises less than 4 inches listed on our web site are offered expressly for educational, scientific or export purposes only. They are not sold for use as pets.

* You can contact us either by phone (954-428-8005) or email ( info@undergroundreptiles.com) If you have specific questions/requests, feel free to ask; we will respond accordingly. We can be reached Monday through Saturday from 11:00 AM – 8:00 PM.

* Please be aware of your own local wildlife laws and regulations. No shipments will be knowingly sent in violation of any state or federal laws. Please do not even ask.

* Underground Reptiles reserves the right to alter these terms and conditions at any time and in its sole discretion.

*DOA = Dead on Arrival

Old 10-09-2014, 08:36 PM   #17
guyanabill

Right there, its written RIGHT there in their TOS that they can not guarantee sex on any animal UNLESS OTHERWISE SPECIFIED.

These geckos were sold as females! Holy crap, Underground, give the guy the $20 or whatever the gecko cost back and live up to YOUR OWN T.O.S.!!!

Old 10-09-2014, 09:57 PM   #18
predators
Quote:
Originally Posted by craigwyatt View Post
I've watched the show 20 mins underground a bunch of times. The owner Ryan says all the time that it pisses him off when people say that he is all about the money and less about the animals. I mean COME ON. These are $20 geckos that they are sending out sick and and they are blaming you for them sexing the one gecko incorrectly. Give me a break. They have been around for years. It's obvious they are never going to get it right. As long as we keep lining his pockets with $100 bills he will continue to sell us sick, diseased and half dead animals.
Ryan you need to replace those geckos and suck up the shipping cost. All your trying to do is to get him to buy something else so he has to pay for the shipping then you will replace your mistakes.
********UNDERGROUND REPTILES IS ALL ABOUT THE MONEY!!! ********
There TOS is designed to screw you out of your money!!!
Does the owner really mention in the videos that he is upset when people say he is all about the money and not about the animals?
hahahahah, WOW.
I have had conversations with him years ago where he flat out told me it was all about the money. He smuggled in reptiles and killed count less thousands in his attempt to make a dollar. Than went to prison for it
Dont get me wrong he is a business man and certainly should try and and turn as much of a profit as he can and I am not saying this man has to be the patron saint of animals but, come on.. to actually come out and say that on a video.. Its like a lie on top of a lie on top of a lie.

Old 10-10-2014, 12:12 AM   #19
Arachno
I've heard that someone sued Ryan and got him on Judge. LOL I would love too that episode

Old 10-10-2014, 08:51 AM   #20
cornchips
Ive boughten quite a few animals from Underground, including some nice kenyan sand boas and have had only one bad experience.I think people need to be aware they do sell wild caught animals as well as cb.
I bought 3 tokays from them and all three died, one within a week and the other two several weeks after, even after treatment for parasites.
BUT Ive recently got an awesome ball python baby and he is perfectly healthy.
So its a petstore, hit and miss especially with wild caughts.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!