Bad Guy ReptileOutlet - Eric Leblanc (Extreme Animal Cruelty) - Page 5 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 10-29-2014, 06:38 PM   #41
toooil
Quote:
http://www.faunaclassifieds.com/foru...d.php?t=394706

Is it the same Eric Leblanc mentioned in this thread?
I would say yes based on these screen shots I took from the Reptile Outlet Facebook page. It is the same page that posted the photo of the mutilated monitor lizard of which I posted a screen shot earlier. If you zoom in to read the response Reptile Outlet leaves it is signed "sincerely Eric". This response also talks about receiving illegal turtles and having been in prison for murder and robbery.

Quote:
"Whenever I'm feeling down, I go F--- with maverick". That doesn't sound like " home treatment" to me.
My interpretation of that statement was that it cheers Eric up to interact with the monitor because even though horrible things had been done to the monitor (albeit by Eric), the monitor has a positive attitude and still “loves” Eric?

The facts as I see them are:
1. He publically posted photos and admitted to cutting the tail off of his monitor.
2. He does not represent himself or his business in a professional manner.

Some questions:
1. Does cutting the tail from a monitor, severing its genitals, and cauterizing with a heated machete meet the legal definition of animal abuse in California?
2. Does not contacting a vet while the monitor’s tail was infected for 3 days constitute neglect as legally defined by California law?

Here is what I found.

California Penal Code Title 14 Section 597 :

597. (a) Except as provided in subdivision (c) of this section or
Section 599c, every person who maliciously and intentionally maims,
mutilates, tortures, or wounds a living animal, or maliciously and
intentionally kills an animal, is guilty of a crime punishable
pursuant to subdivision (d).

(d) A violation of subdivision (a), (b), or (c) is punishable as
a felony by imprisonment pursuant to subdivision (h) of Section 1170,
or by a fine of not more than twenty thousand dollars ($20,000), or
by both that fine and imprisonment, or alternatively, as a
misdemeanor by imprisonment in a county jail for not more than one
year, or by a fine of not more than twenty thousand dollars
($20,000), or by both that fine and imprisonment.

597.1. (a) (1) Every owner, driver, or keeper of any animal who
permits the animal to be in any building, enclosure, lane, street,
square, or lot of any city, county, city and county, or judicial
district without proper care and attention is guilty of a
misdemeanor.

I don't know anything about this poor monitor lizard or Eric Leblanc other than what I have seen publically posted to social media. It seems to me that Mr. Leblanc’s actions meet the legal definition of animal abuse and neglect in the state of California.

I’m Jesse Skok. I didn’t put my name in my earlier post (not sure if everyone has to give their full name or just the OP). Or if having my full name in the side bar is sufficient? I haven’t posted regularly but this thread really got to me.
Attached Images

Old 10-29-2014, 08:01 PM   #42
Billy1138
Toooil, awesome post! Thank you for the input. I have friends in Cali that I can recruit for assistance.

This thread has been really troubling me also.

Old 10-29-2014, 08:28 PM   #43
toooil
Thank you Bill. I hope your contacts in Cali can make a complaint that brings some action from animal control. I don't know if they will heed a complaint from a non resident as seriously as a complaint from someone who lives in California.

Old 10-29-2014, 08:30 PM   #44
Billy1138
I hope so too. I will get a hold of them and post any updates to this thread for sure

Old 10-30-2014, 06:18 PM   #45
meowmeowkazoo
Animal Control responded and said they are forwarding this thread to their Field Services Department.

I also heard from a former employee of Eric's pet store, who informed me of things that I unfortunately can't share here, since they wish to remain anonymous. However, the information I received from the former employee (more stories of animal abuse and shady behavior) will be sent to AC as well.

Old 10-30-2014, 06:33 PM   #46
Billy1138
Thanks for the update

Old 10-30-2014, 06:58 PM   #47
hypocamaro
You are knowingly "Snitching" on a convicted felon publicly with your full name and location. I agree with what you are saying... but a man who cuts off a monitor tail and burns it with a blow torch has a very questionable disposition. You are braver than I.

Old 10-30-2014, 07:07 PM   #48
Billy1138
Hypocamaro, I have definitely thought about that...

Old 10-30-2014, 07:28 PM   #49
Aw3s0m3
I'm pretty sure he's safe since Eric is a gang dropout. He can't have anything to do with his former gang because they WILL kill him if they see him.

Thanks for the update though. I'd love to see him get shut down. I don't know if they can make it so he can't keep animals ever but they can make it so he can't for a certain amount of time

Old 10-30-2014, 08:23 PM   #50
SIGNATURE DESIGN EXOTICS
First I would like to say sorry to the admin. for the direct threat that I got a infraction for. I was so upset that I just typed my thoughts at the time. i in no way wish to give the wrong idea that I wish to be violent. That said I will not say sorry for the fact that I still think he is a piece of sh*t!!! I can only hope that what goes around comes around. I think we all agree that this man has no right to own anything.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Tags
eric leblanc, outlet, reptile, reptileoutlet