Individual liberty and Sovereign Citizens - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > General Interest Forums > Preparedness & Self-Reliance Forum

Notices

Preparedness & Self-Reliance Forum Survivalism, Livestock, Preparedness, Self Reliant Homesteading, Individual Liberty

Old 05-16-2011, 09:08 AM   #1
Lucille
Individual liberty and Sovereign Citizens

I saw a segment of the television show 60 Minutes yesterday detailing a group called Sovereign Citizens. I'm not impressed by this group.

First, I think that individual liberty is important. I think that America was founded on the concept of limited government, and it seems along the way that concept has been lost in many places by bloated, expensive local and national government systems.

It isn't always easy to make change within the system, ANY system that has been around a while seems like it spends time/funds in protecting and perpetuating itself.

So I don't have easy answers.

But I have respect for most LEOs, most of who work hard for not very much pay, and put their lives on the line to protect us daily. I think that there is no excuse for shooting a LEO dead at a traffic stop. To me, that is cowardice and a sign of an imbalanced mind. I flat out do not respect political groups that think that such action is appropriate.

Want to make change? Go for it. But I think there is an important concept here: Just because I think that individual liberty and limiting government power over our lives is important doesn't mean that I'm going to back just any old half baked bowl of flakes that have similar ideologies. HOW you get something done is crucial.

http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2011/...in;cbsCarousel

Old 05-18-2011, 02:02 AM   #2
Dennis Hultman
To ends of the spectrum. The media likes to go the furthers it can to portray all those speaking about individual liberty as nut jobs. This piece was no exception.

In other news, Indiana has ruled that you may not resist a officer who comes knocking on your door without a search warrant. He/she may search and if you resist a unlawful search you are guilty of a crime. You must comply no-matter

U.S. Constitution - Amendment 4
Amendment 4 - Search and Seizure
The right of the people to be secure in their persons, houses, papers, and effects, against unreasonable searches and seizures, shall not be violated, and no Warrants shall issue, but upon probable cause, supported by Oath or affirmation, and particularly describing the place to be searched, and the persons or things to be seized.

Everyone is It's time to wake up.

I'm again with the Judge on this one.

Old 05-18-2011, 06:04 AM   #3
Lucille
Dennis, I think the Indiana ruling was an inexcusable encroachment on liberty. I also do not think that it is OK to kill an officer for a traffic stop.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!