They are going to tell me what kind of soda I can buy? - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > General Interest Forums > Preparedness & Self-Reliance Forum

Notices

Preparedness & Self-Reliance Forum Survivalism, Livestock, Preparedness, Self Reliant Homesteading, Individual Liberty

Old 05-31-2012, 11:50 AM   #1
Lucille
They are going to tell me what kind of soda I can buy?

This is an outrageous move by the nanny.gov. I do admit that overweight is a ballooning problem in the US and I fess up to being somewhat fluffy myself, but I think that should be a matter of choice. It is rapidly getting to the point where we will have no choices and no freedom left at all.

http://www.nytimes.com/2012/05/31/ny...it_th_20120531

Old 05-31-2012, 12:46 PM   #2
hhmoore
This State is getting ridiculous - first the proposed "fat tax", now this.
At least it doesn't affect vending machines, supermarkets, and convenience stores, lol.

How much sense does it make to restrict the sale of larger servings, but continue to allow free refills?

Old 05-31-2012, 01:24 PM   #3
Shadera
Nothing wrong with fluffy. I'm a little fluffy myself.

Do these people really have nothing better to harp on? Let's ignore the elephants in the room and keep whittling away on those personal freedoms!

Old 05-31-2012, 04:25 PM   #4
sschind
How is this going to work in fast food joints where they have self service. Will they require to to sign a form stating that you will in fact only put diet coke in you king sized cup you just got.

All in all its a really stupid idea.

Old 05-31-2012, 04:27 PM   #5
salottimc
I believe they are trying to cut the cost of government funded healthcare by forcing everyone to live healthier.

Old 06-01-2012, 06:45 PM   #6
Metachrosis
How do you "untrain" an entire Nation that has been
brainwashed for the last 8 generations?
Decade after decade of glutinous self entitlement under
a disposable constitution,this nation will reap what it has sowed.

They ain't stopping at soda's ...........

Old 06-01-2012, 07:33 PM   #7
snowgyre
We (global "we," not anyone in this thread) are removing personal responsibility from the equation and expecting the government to fix all of our problems. We invent excuses for everything to remove fault from ourselves. Guess what, I was sick of being overweight and made a concerted effort to lose weight simply by counting calories. I lost 25lbs in 6 months and I've kept it all off. People are so lazy that anything that requires an actual effort on their part is completely ignored. Obesity caused by decades of personal neglect is not going to go away with a magical pill or a government program. The will to change must be with the individual. Yet the government does the same thing... it's a lot easier to change a law and add a new regulation than it is to create an educational campaign to give people the weapons to change themselves. "Give a man a fish, he eats for a day. Teach a man to fish, he eats for life."

Old 06-02-2012, 01:16 AM   #8
Metachrosis
Excuses is exactly what it amounts to,zero personal accountability.
This Nation has taken everything this thieving entity has thrown down their throats
without question. Now folks think they have an opposing voice
against the spoon that's been feeding them.

Keep playing that lottery sucker ..........

Old 08-26-2012, 12:39 PM   #9
Lucille
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadera View Post
Nothing wrong with fluffy.
I'm working on trying to diet, but:
Attached Images

Old 08-26-2012, 12:57 PM   #10
Shadera
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucille View Post
I'm working on trying to diet, but:
I'm doing really well on paleo. Lost about 40 pounds so far. No grains, no dairy, no refined sugar. Lots of fresh veggies, meat, and healthy fat. Look into it. It's seriously the easiest diet I've ever done, and I no longer count calories at all.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!