You know your a Gecko lover when...... - Page 2 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Lizard Discussion Forums > Geckos Discussion Forum

Notices

Old 05-19-2004, 04:25 PM   #11
beakgeek
When gutload means something other than eating too much......

You purchase more paper towels than kleenex or toilet paper combined...........

You don't think havobator is someone who is into pleasuring themselves........

btw....I heard real gecko lovers take their geckos to a movie and dinner first ;-)

Regards,

Terry

Old 05-19-2004, 04:29 PM   #12
progeckos
You know you're a Gecko lover when...

You’re trying to breed insects but your neighbor is trying to exterminate them.

When the dish washer is full of dishes, but none are from the kitchen.

When the UPS delivery guy knows what’s in the overnight box.

When you don’t take calcium or vitamin supplements but your geckos do.

Old 05-19-2004, 05:13 PM   #13
Sybella
...when you're constantly tripping over the pile of plastic sweater and shoeboxes that are on the kitchen floor waiting to be washed.

...when you're happy because bugs reproducing in your house is a GOOD thing!

...when you can't set foot into a pet store without perusing the Leo display.

Old 05-19-2004, 08:23 PM   #14
lostkauze
wow

Damnit. I guess that means I'm a bit too obsessed. I'm reading this, and I'm saying to myself... wow only a whacko... but I continue reading... and I finally had to admit to myself that this is me.

I do go around looknig for good calcium dishes. I do fall asleep to crickets, I do reproduce the worms... look for good hides.... etc.... wow. I gotta get my self a girlfriend. Not to mention the family trip I forced my family to go on this summer that just so happens to be in Daytona, what a coincidence... someone slap me!

Michael

You know you're a lover when...
You have to sleep in a twin sized bed so you have more wall space for your leos.

You know you're a lover when...
you have to explain to the kids at school that you dont watch leo mating for enjoyment, but purely to observe natural behavior (and safty precautions.)

In (pre)esponse to Overton's post below, I thought I was the only one who did the flashlight thing... so is to not distub the animals at night by turning the light on.

Does anyone else whisper in the herp rooms? I'm dont talk loudly... cant disturb the sleeping ones during the day.

Old 05-19-2004, 08:40 PM   #15
riverjop
unbelievably....way too true!!!!!
LMAO
I am so glad.....I thought I was the only one with a problem!
Those are some good ones.

You know your a gecko lover .......
when you black out all the windows in your house........just to see what its like to be a gecko.

You know your a gecko lover .......
when your next door neighbors call up in the middle of the night to ask whats going on with all those flashligts? and you have to tell them you were just looking for eggs!

keep em coming!

Old 05-19-2004, 11:00 PM   #16
Golden Gate Geckos
You know you're a Gecko Lover when:

- you go to the store to get food and come home with pinkies

- when you've trained your new puppy to keep crickets from getting out in the house instead of burglars getting in

- when you think your spouse is tickling your neck in bed and it turns out to be a cricket

- when you almost pass out when your dinner guest grabs the Cool-Whip container from the refrigerator (the one with the holes in the lid)

- when your son stops by for bait on his way fishing

- when the only guys that think you're hot are under age 14

Old 05-19-2004, 11:16 PM   #17
ChuUtena
You know you're a gecko lover when...

...your 5 year long love for anime is trumped by your newly aquired gecko obsession

....the fedex lady tells you she's happy you're home because she doesn't want to take the 3 boxes full of "bugs" back into her truck

....your parents tell you they found a cricket on their bathroom floor, and you think nothing is wrong with that

....when your brother finds a cricket in his bed, and you only wonder if he killed him (wasted food!)

....when you get your friends and boyfriend obsessed and wanting a gecko too

....when you work extra hours at work to make money to afford a new gecko

....when you go thrifting to find old bookshelves to convert into racks

.....your bedroom is 15-20 degrees warmer in the winter because the windows are closed and the heat lamps are on

....you are actually reading this and trying to think of things to add

Old 05-19-2004, 11:25 PM   #18
thegeckobarn_DW
Quote:
you are actually reading this and trying to think of things to add
...you are reading this and actually thinking of things to add!

...your fiancee tells you that you're every little boy's dream - to please a girl by buying her WORMS!!!

...your 2-1/2 year old daughter calls them HER geckos.

...you walk down the school halls wearing a live gecko on your shoulder.

...you create lesson plans just so you have an excuse to bring your leos into the classroom.

...you create lesson plans just so you have an excuse to bring mealworms into the classroom!!!

~~Dusty Windom

Old 05-19-2004, 11:39 PM   #19
E2MacPets
Quote:
...your 5 year long love for anime is trumped by your newly aquired gecko obsession
Amateur

...your geckos watch anime with you and you point out to them which characters they're named after.

Quote:
...you create lesson plans just so you have an excuse to bring your leos into the classroom.

...you create lesson plans just so you have an excuse to bring mealworms into the classroom!!!
....your girlfriend borrows mealworms for a lesson plan she wrote.

...your girlfriend labels eggs for her classroom

.... you never ever go on vacations...

Old 05-19-2004, 11:51 PM   #20
ChuUtena
Quote:
Originally posted by E2MacPets
Amateur

...your geckos watch anime with you and you point out to them which characters they're named after..... you never ever go on vacations...
LoL Steve! I've been good so far naming my gals, and one guy, with unanime names, but I think I'm going to have to combine the love. I already know what I'm going to name my PA I'm getting from Jodi. Shoot I had another one to add too. Ah yes!!

....when your vacation plans are only decided if you know someone can take care of the "kids" and that generally means no vacations because no one else is as neutral to the worm and cricket thing as you are

...your first picture you took with your brand new camera phone, was one of your geckos

...your background image on your camera phone was one of your geckos, until you took a new one with all your loves, your boyfriend holding your fav gecko on your fav laptop (we're computer dorks too)

You know, I'm such a dweeb, I watch anime, I am in love with reptiles, and I love my computer...thank god I found a guy who tolerates, accepts and even loves most of the same stuff. ha!

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!