Firebelly? - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Snake Discussion Forums > Boas Discussion Forum

Notices

Old 11-21-2004, 12:41 PM   #1
dwedeking
Question Firebelly?

I ran across an ad this morning that had "Firebelly Redtail" as the discription. I'm curious if anyone's heard of this or better yet has a picture? Not really looking to buy (so didn't want to bug the seller) just curious as I've never heard of this before.

Old 11-21-2004, 12:51 PM   #2
Mike Greathouse
The term Firebelly, I believe was first used by Dennis Sargent and describes a bloodline/locality of Honduran Boas that exhibit bright red/orange ventrals.

Old 11-21-2004, 01:15 PM   #3
jmkhet
I think i might have a firebelly either that or something else, i have a female 100% het for albino bci kahl line, i noticed all the belly scales turned a red orange color, after i got it from the seller.I purchased it from www.topnotchboas.com go to the collection section then to sold boas to see a pic of my het female.Now keep in mind this pic is old, it shows some of the coloring but shes got WAY MORE color now on her belly, kinda looks like a pumpkin lol.

Old 11-21-2004, 01:16 PM   #4
jmkhet
Its the first female on the top of the page of the sold boas, i gotta run

Old 11-21-2004, 04:23 PM   #5
LOSTNCONFUSED
if you are talking about one stop pet shop

I recently completed a deal with johnathan for what he was calling a mainland honduran firebelly he was honest and forthcoming about not haveing owned the snakes long and he never mentioned or implied it to be of the island locality. i purchased the snake on monday and recieved it on tuesday she was packeged and shipped correctly. although she is overly nippy she shed for me on wed and i was instantly satisfied overall a great deal and a great shopping experience
i hope this helps

Old 11-21-2004, 11:17 PM   #6
robin d.
the true fire bellies are from rotan... they are killer a few people have them out there... i believe rotan is an island of of honduras and they get VERY red, much more so than the mainland counterparts

Old 11-21-2004, 11:21 PM   #7
LOSTNCONFUSED
true fire bellies are also from bahia island and yes the are quite stunning i used to own a trio purchased from dennis seargent but my old partner kept them those are the only snake he kept that i really miss and i cant wait till dennis produces them again so i can get some more

Old 11-21-2004, 11:42 PM   #8
robin d.
john,
i do not know if dennis even has those anymore. i can find out though

Old 11-21-2004, 11:44 PM   #9
LOSTNCONFUSED
well he had originally sold them all but has recently reaquired a group of them i spent a hour speaking with dennis on the phone about them a few months back it will be awhile before he produces them again but im pateint

Old 11-22-2004, 03:23 PM   #10
robin d.
Quote:
well he had originally sold them all
ya i didnt know if you knew that or not.. i do know several people whom have some of his breeding stock as well as offspring they are growing up.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!