Ship Your Reptiles - Page 2 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Shipping

Notices

Shipping Forum for all issues concerning shipping, shipping companies, and anything directly related to moving animals and products via commercial carriers.

View Poll Results: Have you used ShipYourReptiles?
Yes 59 59.60%
No 40 40.40%
Voters: 99. You may not vote on this poll

Old 06-01-2010, 08:39 AM   #11
ms497
Hi I have a question, did you have to be certified through UPS to ship snakes? Before the snake ban i called them to find out what reptiles were legal to ship with them and they told me they do not allow snakes to be shipped. Every snake that has ever been delivered to me was through UPS and thats who the majority of the people who ship snakes use. I am just wondering how people were able to ship snakes through UPS? Thanks, Melissa

Old 06-01-2010, 08:56 AM   #12
Herp.Herp.Hooray
I set up a user account to ship, as this was our first year... They shipped over 30,000 packages, pretty impressive! Will use them when they get this situation squared away

Old 06-01-2010, 04:03 PM   #13
Aurora
I used them once, to ship my own pet snake to myself when I moved from California to Minnesota. Everything went smooth as butter. I, too, hope the situation gets fixed up. I've never had UPS problems in my area.

That said, first thing I'm going to do when I get home from vacation is get FedEx certified. Might need it in the mean time.

Old 06-12-2010, 08:36 AM   #14
RickNC
Just used them for the first time. I had two seperate shipments of hatchling turtles. I used their site to order shipping supplies and to print off shipping labels. No issues here and it saved some money on shipping. Will use again.

Old 06-12-2010, 08:46 AM   #15
WingedWolf
Most people shipping snakes through UPS are doing so illegally (they did not properly mark the packages per the Lacey Act). UPS doesn't know they are snakes, so they deliver them.
SYR had a waiver to do so.
A few other individuals over the years have also had waivers with UPS to do so, but it's not easy to get one of those out of them.

Old 07-07-2010, 10:19 AM   #16
alohareptiles
I used them many times...Each was smooth as silk...Was very bummed when they wouldn't ship snakes anymore, but now that I have a great FedEx rep, I'm happy again (but my pocketbook isn't, they are more expensive...)

Old 07-07-2010, 10:55 AM   #17
kellysballs
I voted no because I have only shipped using FedEx but I have received one package from a person who used SYR. I was not impressed and as I said before I will only buy from people who are FedEx certified from now on.

Old 07-12-2010, 12:27 AM   #18
NicoleSB220
I have used them 3-4 times but not for snakes, only for cresteds. I only shipped with them after several requests from people buying from me who did not want to pay the higher rates for FedEx. I had only used FedEx up until that point. I would prefer FedEx and I have an account with them, but if someone is pushing for UPS I won't deny them that...but it does make me nervous...

Old 07-13-2010, 01:35 PM   #19
WingedWolf
I've learned my lesson. There is no reason that the customer cannot pick up their animal at the UPS hub, rather than having it delivered to their door. Having it sent to the hub is relatively safe, and I feel at least as secure with that as I do using Fed Ex for the same.

Old 07-14-2010, 11:35 AM   #20
Khaman
Quote:
Originally Posted by WingedWolf View Post
There is no reason that the customer cannot pick up their animal at the UPS hub
My reason for not having it sent to the UPS hub is it is only open for customer pick ups between 5-5:30pm so the package does not sit in a temperature controlled room it sits on the dock because all they have is a counter in the customer service office.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!