Sanctions to dissuade toxic users? - Page 4 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Admin Area > FaunaClassifieds Site HELP & Feedback Forum

Notices

FaunaClassifieds Site HELP & Feedback Forum Anything of a nature concerning this website, moderators, admin, or anything having to do with how it is being run, should go here. Criticism is welcome, but abusive antagonism is not. THIS IS NOT THE FORUM FOR FEEDBACK CONCERNING BUYERS AND SELLERS! Such posts are ONLY allowed as replies to classified ads posted by the specific member involved in a specific issue with you.

Old 10-08-2015, 12:45 PM   #31
Big Borg Reptiles
"I really don't give a crap about you and Tom and the spat you have between
yourselves. And no, I don't really give a crap about what people will post in
their own visitor's section. Can you or can you not delete messages there
yourself? It offends you? Delete it then. Why come whining to me? What am I supposed to be some sort of baby sitter for everyone who gets into a spat with another member here?"

He posted a meme with my arrest record saying "takes a lickin, keeps on molesting children". Everything before then was just him being a troll, that was the point that he crossed a line. If you don't care what people say on other's VM, how did I end up banned for it? (Don't answer, it's rhetorical). All I said on his board was that his Toxique line reminded me of the Zoolander dereliqtue line, after he kept pushing and I was told to deal with my own problems. Apparently those two things are equivalent since we both got banned? (again, rhetorical)

I read through the reported posts and they all are exactly what I reported them for. They're all either spam, off topic, antagonistic, outright name calling, etc.

Please don't misunderstand Rich, I'm way past the point of being obsessed or caring. I spent the first couple days of my ban thinking about how I was going to make a post in the feedback forum showing all of the contradictory messages I got from the different mods and the infractions I received as a result, and then I just stopped caring. It's not going to change anything. What happened happened, why it happened I still don't know, and I'm beyond the point of having it bother me. The last 3 weeks of my ban I spent time focusing on selling my snakes instead of talking to people on here and sold more than I have in the last 3 months combined.

You guys do what you do, I'm going to do what I do. If you want to put Tom and I on the same level and try to tell me that I had it coming just as much as him, please save your fingers the trouble of typing. I have never in my life done something on the level that he did a month ago, all I was trying to do was put an end to it because apparently you didn't want to. I was tired of watching him bully every single person who posted and having people scared to say anything, so I stood up to him. That's all there is to it. There is no other explanation.

Old 10-08-2015, 12:52 PM   #32
hhmoore
April,
After going back to look,I think he's talking about the fact that - after you posted a warning in the thread and he continued with his posting - I posted this:
Quote:
Originally Posted by hhmoore
Nick, you've made multiple posts that don't seem to have ANYTHING to do with the topic of this thread since April posted her warning. Perhaps you didn't take her seriously for some reason...I suggest you push yourself away from this thread, or confine yourself to the topic shown in the title, unless you want to find yourself without privileges for a few days. (Don't even a response to this message)
I guess he figured that my comment was what spurred your response, rather than the fact that he disregarded your posted warning. (Because, you know, he did nothing that warranted any penalty.)

Old 10-08-2015, 12:56 PM   #33
Big Borg Reptiles
Quote:
Originally Posted by AbsoluteApril View Post
Nick, you seem very upset over your infractions.
I went past being upset a couple weeks ago. It had nothing to do with the fact that I received infractions, I've received them in the past (from you as a matter of fact) and almost always sent a pm shortly after apologizing and saying I was out of line. Notice I didn't do that this time?

I was upset because of how inconsistent the information I received from different mods were, and how every time I did what one moderator said I received infractions or a ban from another. After I realized that being upset isn't going to change anything I got over it. Just wanted to point it out since up until now only the mods and myself were aware of it.

All I did was stand up to Tom because everyone else was afraid to. Like I said, I would have taken a lifetime ban if it meant getting him one as well. What he was doing was out of line and somebody had to put a stop to it. Simple as that.

Old 10-08-2015, 12:58 PM   #34
Big Borg Reptiles
Quote:
Originally Posted by hhmoore View Post
April,
After going back to look,I think he's talking about the fact that - after you posted a warning in the thread and he continued with his posting - I posted this:
You're correct Harald. Shortly after you post this, April goes back through the messages and gives me an infraction for an earlier one. Apparently rather than do so yourself you felt the need to incite April to do so? Don't you have the same ability?

I did stop posting after you made this post in the thread, I had gotten sidetracked. Still received an infraction/ban.

Old 10-08-2015, 01:02 PM   #35
hhmoore
Nick, the simple fact is that we don't make a practice of policing people's visitor messages. We don't delete messages that are reported because people don't like them, just like we don't delete posts that people don't like. As Rich pointed out - you had the ability to remove it, you could have done so.
I'm in no way justifying Tom's actions...but, by the time I looked at the VMs on both accounts, you'd both been going back and forth. For the record, the one you're complaining about was one of the last ones. You might have been the lesser of two evils; but you were still feeding the fire. It doesn't mean that I (or we) viewed your actions as equivalent to Tom's - it means you were both disruptive forces that were removed because that was the best way to resolve the immediate problem.
It doesn't matter whether you agree with, or accept, that. It was my decision, and I wouldn't hesitate to take the same action again.

Old 10-08-2015, 01:04 PM   #36
Big Borg Reptiles
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucille View Post
Unfortunately, you took the bait from someone posting off topic and responded, and you were banned.
And yet the other people posting off topic weren't. The infraction/ban itself I don't care about, it's the circumstances surrounding it.

Old 10-08-2015, 01:06 PM   #37
AbsoluteApril
Quote:
Originally Posted by MCMB-2 View Post
He posted a meme with my arrest record saying "takes a lickin, keeps on molesting children". Everything before then was just him being a troll, that was the point that he crossed a line.
You removed that post from your CP and I removed them from his CP, as I agree, they were highly inappropriate. If someone needs to put a stop to actions/behavior, please try to have a little patience and faith that the mod staff will address it.

I see while I was writing this, you keep posting. So let me add:
Quote:
You're correct Harald. Shortly after you post this, April goes back through the messages and gives me an infraction for an earlier one. Apparently rather than do so yourself you felt the need to incite April to do so? Don't you have the same ability?

I did stop posting after you made this post in the thread, I had gotten sidetracked. Still received an infraction/ban.
I had not even seen Harald's post. I started where I had left off with the posted warning, read posts and infracted as I went. The way I have my pages set up, his post was on the next page. You need to stop thinking that someone can MAKE me do anything.

edit to add:
Quote:
And yet the other people posting off topic weren't.
You do not know if other people posting were given infractions or not, no one can see the infractions except the person that received it and the mod staff. Stop assuming.

Old 10-08-2015, 01:08 PM   #38
hhmoore
Nick, in case you haven't noticed, members of the moderation team will often hold off on an infraction if another moderator has been addressing something. Basically, we avoid stepping on each other's toes, when possible. The fact that you curbed your posting after my warning doesn't get you out of infractions that you had already earned. You should have heeded April's warning in the first place; and, had you done so, you wouldn't have received that infraction from her.

Old 10-08-2015, 02:15 PM   #39
Beyond GenetiX
Quote:
To be clear, I received the same punishment as someone who was name calling, openly trolling, making personal attacks on anyone who posted on the thread, and basically creating a hostile environment for anyone who might have any information. Because I finally started dishing some back to him on the VM after I was told what happens on the VM is my own problem? I was told it was my problem so I took care of it myself and ended up banned.

Please don't try to justify this, it's beyond ridiculous. I already told you, there's a certain level of nonsense I can handle and I went way past it a month ago.
Two people speeding through a 55 mile per hour zone, one at 74 mph and the other at 65 mph. Do they not both deserve a ticket? We constantly compare ourselves with the good or bad other people do, thinking to ourself we are better than them. THE RULES WERE STILL BROKEN BY BOTH PARTIES (NICK AND TOM). You're back don't get banned again, this time Tom isn't here to egg you on.

Old 10-08-2015, 05:00 PM   #40
Lucille
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jet76 View Post
Two people speeding through a 55 mile per hour zone, one at 74 mph and the other at 65 mph. Do they not both deserve a ticket? We constantly compare ourselves with the good or bad other people do, thinking to ourself we are better than them. THE RULES WERE STILL BROKEN BY BOTH PARTIES (NICK AND TOM). You're back don't get banned again, this time Tom isn't here to egg you on.
And whatever the intentions of the drivers, when they cannot stop and hit someone because they are traveling at excessive speed, the person is just as dead whether hit for good intentions or bad.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!