When was you first snake bite?!!!! - Page 3 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Snake Discussion Forums > Pythons Discussion Forum

Notices

Old 11-23-2007, 05:16 PM   #21
christophermchale
macklotts python. right on the finger.

a few years ago i was taking pictures of some baby macklotts i had just gotten. i put them on my computer desk and sat down to type something. the heat and movement was enough.

i just recently got them in the store and it made me chuckle thinking back but i felt like an idiot at the time.

Old 11-24-2007, 08:56 PM   #22
Rescue_Herps
first one was a cornsnake- drew a bit of blood- nothing big...

my second bite was from a 9 foot PISSED OFF burm that was dumped at the petstore i worked at- it was in a tote at teh door... we took it in and couldnt tell what it was so one of the guys opened it- and there she was- on my damn leg- didnt wrap me up- just bit and then got stuck in my skin and my jeans... took about 10 minutes to get all her teeth out of me and about 30 to get her back in teh box...
Now burms are my favorite and i have yet to get bit again... *knock on wood- tomarrow is cage cleaning day*

Beth

Old 09-30-2009, 04:26 PM   #23
jeffroe334
Albino Kingsnake. Red eyed terd got me on my middle finger. I think he thought my finger was good because he didn't want to let go. It didn't hurt, but like any snake bite it scares the crap out of you.

Old 10-08-2009, 11:28 PM   #24
tinmantribe5
Mine was my oldest female ball python that at the time was in a 45 gallon with a divider well anyways it was night and I awoke to a stir in my room and she had squeezed her head under the divider instinct was to grabb her from choking,Bite Brain says to half asleep body hey man I think you just got Bit.Well brain tells hand grab her shes choking,body Damm I think you got bit again well this went on until the third time wich my dumb--- woke up!

Old 10-13-2009, 05:52 PM   #25
creatism123
couldnt tell u what was my first, probly a garter snake. the most memorable was when i kept bloods, hade one werap my hand took 2 people to get her off and thought my hand was broke. got a wild caught adult blood bit me in the stomach, figured i'd learned my lesson but now i keep scrubs and green trees, getting bit is a part of life

Old 10-17-2009, 11:17 PM   #26
evilcowboy420
I would say my first bite was from a juvenile california king. Pretty good bite for a little guy. The next was from cal king. and the next was from another king. never got one from a ball, boa or any other snake. A garter bit me but it was so small I don't even count it.

When I don't feel like getting bit or have handled food I glove up. If I don't really mind it then I reach in and hope for the best. I just always look at it as nothing will ever hurt as much as the home made root canal I gave myself not too long ago. I know stupid but I don't like the dentist he always wants to drug me and yank teeth out. But when I went to kill the nerve I use a combo of super glue and peroxide and asprin all of which will burn mouth tissue. But wow the pain was worse than any broken bone or any bite I have ever experienced.

Old 10-18-2009, 12:37 AM   #27
tinmantribe5
Well my old lady bit me on the neck once oh heck thats a Horse of a different color

Old 10-23-2009, 11:02 PM   #28
rebel750
My first red tail 4-5 yrs ago got me between the thumb and index finger right in that soft spot. I was not paying attention and was talking to somebody behind me and missed the rat ad got me. Didnt hurt so much as scared the crap out of me.

My wife got bit by our 1st ball. But she was holding the mouse and I guesse it was the same thing and got the bottom of her palm.

We use tongs now But they were both yearlings and felt like sticking your hand in a bowl of thumb tacks.

Old 10-25-2009, 11:20 AM   #29
creatism123
Quote:
Originally Posted by addicted View Post
My first real bite besides just a nip from small stuff was a few months ago.I had a mean aru scrub,the meanest,he would start striking everytime he saw you and not stop.During cage cleaning one night i remembered a scrub guy telling me he might calm down if i Didn't restrain him and acted like a branch...LoL..What a crock that was.As soon as i let go of his head he chomped my arm pretty good.
thats funny. the guy that sold me mine never said that. and almost a yr later she still strikes at everything. cage cleaning is fun to say the least.

my aru is a yr old give or take. how old and big is yours, judging by the blood i'd guess about 7-8 ft.

Old 10-27-2009, 02:10 PM   #30
joshcosta56
My first bite was when I was 16 years old. I was at the first reptile show I've ever went to. Almost immediately after entering I saw an 8' yellow anaconda that cought my eye. It was only $75 and I couldn't believe the man was selling it so cheap. Being me I had to hold it (even after the man told me it was aggressive and that he wouldn't take it out himself) so I reached into the tank, grabbed it, and it was cool for about 10 seconds. It then bit my left hand and about 5 seconds later my right forearm. Funny that that experience turned me into the ridiculous reptile addict that I am now. Also I found it funny that just 4 days ago I was looking at buying a pair of 7' yellows from a friend and I was bit once again. Good Times.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!