Guyana red tail boa care - Page 2 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Snake Discussion Forums > Boas Discussion Forum

Notices

Old 12-22-2010, 11:48 AM   #11
Metalserpent
BCC is Amazon basin. Southeast of the Andes. BCI are Morthwest of the Andes. Columbia has both.

Old 12-22-2010, 11:55 AM   #12
JCCS
Columbia doesn't have any native boas that I'm aware of. Colombia on the other hand does have both BCC and BCI. Sorry, that misspelling is one of my pet peeves, right up there with people spelling Hog Island as Hogg Island.

Chris

Old 12-22-2010, 11:57 AM   #13
Metalserpent
Quote:
Originally Posted by JCCS View Post
misspelling is one of my pet peeves
I could not not care less.

Old 12-22-2010, 01:25 PM   #14
Snakesitter
Nothing like peace, harmony, and goodwill on a public forum during the holiday season. ;-)

That said, we all do benefit from professional spelling and consistent presentation, and he did say "sorry."

Old 08-07-2012, 05:21 PM   #15
warbyrd12
Quote:
Originally Posted by mxracer4life View Post
What is the difference between a Colombian Bci and a Bcc?

"The differences between the two subspecies are minimal. Bcc were the original "redtailed boas", however several decades ago dealers began applying the same name to the Colombian boas in order to squeeze some extra money out of their sales, as "true redtails" tended to have a nicer appearance to them. Bcc sometimes display a brighter tail colouration, more colouration throughout their body (silvers and/or pinks and/or purples), shaplier saddles that may have more contrast, and less than 22 saddles. Bci may have more or less than 22 saddles, which makes this method of identification unreliable. Bci have a much quicker growth rate than Bcc do and can easily attain lengths of 6' or more by their second birthday. They generally have the same maintenance requirements."

Is it safe to say that anything OVER 22 saddles is BCI? I have a WC F1 Guyana with 24 saddles. Confused...

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!